S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Thread April 19 - 25

Happy 'new thread week', everyone!
Old 04-19-2010, 08:08 AM   #2  

Height: 5.8

Good Morning all

I hope you all had an amazing weekend!

I am a bit disappointed with my WI this week. I am down 3 pounds, I guess I am just spoiled as I have been hitting big numbers sicne I stated this program 7 weeks ago. I'll take it though!

I had a pretty emotional weekend. I was told that with less then 5 months to go for my wedding that my dream dress can not be altered as my weight loss, 4 sizes lost and inches will basically mean my dress had to be remade and it would cost a fortune. Then they told us we had to find a dress and place an order by May 1 as its wedding season and it will take us 4-4.5 months to get the dress in and I will still need alterations...so we spend the weekend driving all over the city and I have to tell you it was SOOOO much more fun trying on wedding dresses now because my body has changed so much and there are soooo many more options for me..I put on the very last dress yesterday and that was it..I found THE dress. It shows off all of my new curves, hugs them and I must say I look pretty damn hot

Its a corset back and fitted with room to lose more weight so the alterations should be at a minimum.

I am ordering the dress of Wed and I am so excited. We put on my old dress for comparision and we couldnt even keep it on me withouth them wrapping it to the other side of my body..It was amazing and that it when I saw how amazing this program is...WOW!

Sorry for the long post..Im just so excited.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:11 AM   #3  

Good morning, Sassy! I can't wait to see pix of you in your wedding dress! That is soooo exciting.

I tried to delete my thread after seeing you started one at the same time, but I didn't know how

This past week I was not POP (perfectly on plan). I just want to commit to myself, in front of you all, that this week I will work the plan just like I did when I first started. No more loosey goosey!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Helloooo All!

It has been a busy couple of weeks with travel and family in and out of our house, but things are finally slowing down and I feel I can get back to posting and reading all the wonderful results!!!

Sassy--that is so wonderful--can't wait to see pictures from your wedding!

Stacerp--Since I went to Vegas, I haven't been POP either. So, here I am to commit with you that this week we are back to the plan as we were on day 1!!!

Had a weigh in last Thursday and still managed to lose 3 pounds--very exciting! However, my parents 50th was this weekend, I was the host and needless to say, I went off plan. Not going to beat myself up at all about it--I still ate drastically less than I would have had I not been on IP prior AND (here is the great thing)--for the first time EVER since I have been on ANY diet--I am able to say to myself, with confidence, "okay, I had a great weekend, the food and wine were fabulous, time to move on"...the old Libby would have said "okay, that tasted awesome, I pretty much blew it and who gives a $h*t, I am going to now have a large plate of lasagne and cake!!!"

That in itself is a huge NSV!!!

I will try to post a couple of pictures, if I can....I'm not too much of a techie, I am afraid!!!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbyshims View Post
for the first time EVER since I have been on ANY diet--I am able to say to myself, with confidence, "okay, I had a great weekend, the food and wine were fabulous, time to move on"...the old Libby would have said "okay, that tasted awesome, I pretty much blew it and who gives a $h*t, I am going to now have a large plate of lasagne and cake!!!"
I feel the exact same way, Libby! It's so liberating, isn't it?? I LOVE IT!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #6  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Is this our new thread or is there another one somewhere?

Calgarygirlie-- many of us are using splenda as our sweetener BUT not with rhubarb. Splenda is ok. Rhubarb is not. At least not on my IP program Phase 1! You will see we don't all have the same instructions...

Libbyshims-- I am with you 100% on the difference with going off plan on this diet. While I still haven't had real cheats with food, I know I am in such better control than ever before. I have had a couple of vodkas and normally that would send me into endless sugar cravings including chocolate and cookies and who knows what else. Maybe we really are resetting something. I feel much more balanced. Isn't it great??

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 04-19-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #7  

Sassykimann: How exciting to have to shop for a new dress and be able to see how much your body has changed in the last 7 weeks. I am looking forward to seeing your lovely wedding pictures!

I have been back on plan for the most part now for 2 weeks. I don'thave cravings anymore and I am not hungry, but the last couple of days I have not gotten in all of my veggies and I have had a horrible headache since Saturday evening. I drink more than a gallon of water a day, take all of my vits, salt, and oil, so I think it is the veggies that my body needs. I am going to get them all in today and hopefully kick this thing. The salt water has not helped so I have had to resort to my ibuprofin or I would not be able to make it through work.

Have a super Monday everyone.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Is this our new thread or is there another one somewhere?

Calgarygirlie-- many of us are using splenda as our sweetener BUT not with rhubarb. Splenda is ok. Rhubarb is not. At least not on my IP program Phase 1! You will see we don't all have the same instructions...

Libbyshims-- I am with you 100% on the difference with going off plan on this diet. While I still haven't had real cheats with food, I know I am in such better control than ever before. I have had a couple of vodkas and normally that would send me into endless sugar cravings including chocolate and cookies and who knows what else. Maybe we really are resetting something. I feel much more balanced. Isn't it great??
Not that I care for rhubarb, but it is on my Phase I protocol. It does have a bit more carbs than some veggies though, with 52 calories in a 2-cup serving, 12 grams of carbs and 4 grams of fiber, for a total of 8 net carbs.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #9  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

BevS & Calgarygirlie Wow - my mistake. I am out of town still without my binder of info. I thought rhubarb was a fruit! This is great news. We can cook it and have it with splenda?? Yum yum.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

So in an hour I have my weigh in . Hoping to hit the 170's today . I was at 180 yesterday but there scale is diffrent than mine and I weigh at home with nothing on . So we will see. Also tomorrow is my photo shoot for my husbands anniversaary gift . I am so nervous about that but excited too . He will be home in 12 more days for two weeks . Really excited about that . I have decided that Im going to let myself cheat a couple of times while he is at home . I have not cheated once since I started but I really want a good starbucks coffee and a blizzard . I know so bad . I might talk myself out of them . We will see. Have a great day everyone !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Good Morning all

I am a bit disappointed with my WI this week. I am down 3 pounds, I guess I am just spoiled as I have been hitting big numbers sicne I stated this program 7 weeks ago. I'll take it though!

I had a pretty emotional weekend. I was told that with less then 5 months to go for my wedding that my dream dress can not be altered as my weight loss, 4 sizes lost and inches will basically mean my dress had to be remade and it would cost a fortune. Then they told us we had to find a dress and place an order by May 1 as its wedding season and it will take us 4-4.5 months to get the dress in and I will still need alterations...so we spend the weekend driving all over the city and I have to tell you it was SOOOO much more fun trying on wedding dresses now because my body has changed so much and there are soooo many more options for me..I put on the very last dress yesterday and that was it..I found THE dress. It shows off all of my new curves, hugs them and I must say I look pretty damn hot

Its a corset back and fitted with room to lose more weight so the alterations should be at a minimum.

I am ordering the dress of Wed and I am so excited. We put on my old dress for comparision and we couldnt even keep it on me withouth them wrapping it to the other side of my body..It was amazing and that it when I saw how amazing this program is...WOW!

So excited for you ! You will be a beautiful bride ! Congragulations !
Old 04-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #11  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Good Morning all

WOW

Good for you!!!!!!

Well I purposely ordered mine smaller... and hopefully they have to still take it in by then LOL. Mine is also a Corset kind for that reason...it does help so much!

You are lucky, my dress had to be ordered 6 months in advance! I was not happy about that as I knew I had to lose weight any way... lets see how that goes!

Mine is what I call...the Oscar dress... so it has to fit perfectly. If you are curious look up Maggie Sottero and the dress style is Desirae... I just fell in love with it.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Good Morning!!

I do have rhubarb on my phase 1 as well, but perhaps with those carbs, I will keep it as a treat couple times a week when those around me are dining on something tempting. Thanks for the info!
Wow Sassykimann! So happy for you, the excitement of the new dress must be wonderful
Chaplains wifey...I too weigh in bare at home, but for my WI I always remove as much as possible....I am positive that those earrings, glasses and socks weigh at least 3lbs...at least that it what I tell myself

Deinekatze!!! I had to take a peek, your dress is absolutely stunning! You are going to be beyond fabulous!
Old 04-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #13  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Deinekatze!!! I had to take a peek, your dress is absolutely stunning! You are going to be beyond fabulous!
hehehe thank you!

I just had to get that one... it's so "fabulous" ;-)

I hope it fits right... Ordered it in a 12 which according to the store lady is a size 8 in other clothes ... lets see what kind of loss we can achieve by then ;-)

My Jeans are a 10 right now... I'm aiming for a 6
Old 04-19-2010, 11:54 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Deinekatze...you will blow them away....I love this site as now I can live vicariously through everyone. I am married with 2 little ones, so I love hearing all the excitement about the upcoming weddings
Old 04-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Just got back from my weigh in and Im down to 180 . Little dissapointed that I didnt hit the 170's but I will next week .At least I lost .Last week i didnt loose a lb this week I lost 4 . 20 lbs to go !

Oh we now have the strawberry pudding . My coach gave me a free package to try . I can't remember how everyone was making them .Any suggestions. Also what was the other new one thats out .I was thinking it was an orange something ? Can anyone also tell me the calories and carbs on the strawberry pudding so I can add it to my food list .Thanks
Closed Thread