General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:13 AM   #1  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

Default Tosca Reno Clean Eating Diet

Is anyone doing this diet? If so let me know I am day 3 in and lost already.
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:04 PM   #2  

Hi. I am not doing the clean eating diet so to speak, but I am using many of her recipes in my calorie counting. From what I understand about her way of eating is you are to eat plenty of vegetables, fruit, whole grains and lean proteins (though the majority of your complex carbs per day should come from veggies.)as close to their natural state as possible without added ingredients etc... Much like whole foods.

You might have better luck posting your question in the Whole Foods forum. Are you doing one of the cooler plans she has? Good luck!
DianaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:13 AM   #3  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

Just finished week one of cooler 1 plan lost 7 lbs and before was not able to budge an weight off. I am now and goal and have one more week on plan so will hang because I am sure some will be water this second week will help insure good loss. Then I will go to Cooler 2 then on to regular CLEAN EATING PROGRAM its very good always something to eat.
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:48 PM   #4  

Devadiva: I am glad it worked for you! Congratulations on meeting your goal.
DianaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

im just starting with this and mixing it a bit with LAWL.
I read her book and LOVED it. Very no nonsense, straight forward. I just love it! i can't wait to really start it!
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/245/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm on day 3 of full-force clean eating. Yesterday I had a blinding headache from the moment I woke up until I went to bed and I'm not someone who's prone to headaches. Tylenol and Ibuprofen didn't so much as dull the pain. It was awful! I almost cried from it!

I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this in the first week or so of eating clean? My diet is the only thing that's changed, so I was thinking it was possible the headache was sugar withdrawal. Any thoughts?
Viviane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

very possible, you might have to gradually put your self into that clean eating
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:59 AM   #8  

I am working towards this way of eating.

I can't stand tuna, so battling that.

Also, dry salads are awful, so I am trying to figure out some form of dressing/flavor to add.

Need to finish the book this week.

I have been eating no sugar or white stuff for over a week though and that is good. I can go without those easily.

I got cottage cheese and yogurt and non-fat milk but I have to say I have had more stomach issues this week as well so I am thinking I do indeed have some lactose issues. I love milk products, but they don't like me so much.

Dawn
Dawn415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #9  

Dawn- I've only been eating clean for about a week now, but I think any eating plan you chose to follow has to be made up of food you actually like. Otherwise, I think you're setting yourself up for falling off the wagon.

If you've tried tuna a bunch of different ways and don't like it- don't eat it! There are plenty of other proteins you can substitute.

I've been trying foods I wouldn't normally eat and preparing them in ways I wouldn't normally and I'm finding that I love eating this way! I wasn't really expecting to enjoy eating clean. But, I've found that the food is delicious, satisfying, and it's way more food than I'm used to eat (or, it feels that way from the amount of fiber).

Good luck
Old 04-20-2010, 06:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Today was day two for me. I am craving sugar right after lunch, but I have not given into it.

Day one showed a 4 pound loss (I had gained some when my son deployed); however I am sure it is water.

I am not sure if I will stick with it like she talks in the book, but I have made myself follow it until Friday. I do plan to continue with most of the principles.

I read from another thread here or somewhere since I am a book nerd.... that if it was not a food 100 years ago, it is not one now. I am trying to keep that in mind instead of eating off a list. It is not 100% fool proof, but it helps.

I did have a bit of a headache yesterday and a little today, but not blinding like Vivane was cursed or blessed with (if you read the book it is the toxic stuff leaving you). AND, I normally have to take something to sleep at night, but I slept like a baby last night. If that holds true tonight, I am definately keeping 90% of the sugar out of the diet (and limit caffeine).

That's my take on it. Use it for what it is worth.

Oh, btw, if you see my ticker, I was at goal until my son's deployment last week. I went on a free for all..... however I got this book b/c I wanted to find a way to maintain my WL and not binge so much on the weekends. I do believe to a certain degree.... this is it.

Tammy
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #11  

Today is day 3. It is getting easier, and as mentioned by someone before.... it is actually getting enjoyable. In the way that I don't have to "worry" about what I am going to eat. I know every day what I am eating and when.

Tammy
Old 04-22-2010, 01:02 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 View Post
In the way that I don't have to "worry" about what I am going to eat. I know every day what I am eating and when.
This makes it easier for me, too. I definitely have to take some time at the beginning of the week to plan everything out, but I like knowing everything is all spelled out and that even if I deviate from the plan and choose something else for a snack or dinner, I've got a fridge full of healthy food. For some people, it might feel a little too constraining to have all your meals planned out, but it prevents me from bingeing.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:15 PM   #13  
redhead30

S/C/G: 215/210/130

Height: 5'4"

I saw her on GMA this morning and I'm intrigued. I don't have the book - is it necessary? I've got to do something to give me more energy - I eat like a teenager and I'll be 34 in July!!
redhead30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:54 PM   #14  

Redhead, I do have the book..... but I really don't think it is mandatory. The way I look at it if I am not close to the book is if it was not a food 100 years ago, it is not today.

I did have a bit of a problem with sugar cravings after lunch for the first 3 days, but after that.... I was fine. I even made it through the weekend with NO junk food (which is rare)..... and no binges.

This morning I was 9.5 down still (for 7 days).

I do not recommend giving blood on it though...... I had a bit of a problem with shaking after I gave blood-- even after eating an apple. But, other than that..... I would recommend it to anyone wanting to clean their diet up.

Tammy
Old 04-26-2010, 08:07 PM   #15  
redhead30

S/C/G: 215/210/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey Tammy! Thanks for the feedback. Do you mind if I ask you what your diet was like before you started eating clean?

Dee
redhead30 is offline   Reply With Quote