Old 04-16-2010, 11:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/161/145

Height: 5'9"

Default Why can't I get back on tracK?? HELP!

Hi all!

I'm really struggling getting back on track... I lost weight very successfully on WW 5 and 7 years ago, and lost about 8 pounds 2 years ago. The last 2 years I just haven't been able to really get that momentum back and get it going... and Im struggling figuring out why. I turned 30 (UGH) and seems that the things I used to be able to "get away with" are no longer working - if I cheat even just a bit, I gain. My weight is now back at my all time high of 172 and I can't seem to just STAY on track more than 2 days.

Any inspiration? Helpful tips? Anyone busted through this mental roadblock before????

HELP!!!
skinnychicagogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #2  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

I am 34 I count calories which is super similiar to ww Or so I hear.
Anyways just wanted to say~If u cheat Cheat low~Not bigtime ~Maybe With a 100 calories over (Like a snack or something) I would suggest not cheating but somedays we can't help it....JUst do not go overboard~HOPE THAT HELPS!
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #3  
NEVER GIVE UP

Oh & Good Luck!!!
Old 04-16-2010, 03:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 168/161/145

Height: 5'9"

Thanks. I just went to my ww meeting and am down 1.4. That's progress. Still, I'm in the 170s and I haven't been THIS high since 2003. I just got done with my period, so it shouldn't still be water weight. I just am having a really hard time getting started. Once I feel and taste success, a few good solid weeks of exercise and eating healthy, I get the bug and I keep going. I just can't seem to get past 2 or 3 days... then I self-sabotage.

I'm doing good w/exercise - weights 2X a week and 2-3 times of cardio (running/spin). I just started a new job and it's involved a lot of lunches out, drinks w/coworkers, and overall just trashed my diet. The good news is it also involves a lot more walkign to/from the train/bus. It's also stressful - the change is. The job is great, but my patterns are all kinds of thrown off. BUT - I had trouble getting back on track for the 18 months prior to this job, so I am definitely NOT placing blame on the job transition... more jsut context of what I'm going through in my daily life.

What have you guys done to get yourself on track? Need inspiration!!!
skinnychicagogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:42 PM   #5  
NEVER GIVE UP

~Logged off earlier came back to read.....
To keep myself going I look at my before pic cause I hate it & tell myself to never give up! Even if I goof up I never give up or quit...Cause the results will come if u do not give up & U will eventually get use to the eating habits being changed & it will then come naturally to eat less & not sabotage.Another good motivator for me is a lower size pair of jeans to fit into!!Hope that helps!!~HUGS!!!

Oh & Maybe join some challenges on here~they can help keep u on track.

Last edited by Lori259; 04-16-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:17 PM   #6  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hang in there. Don't give up. Do baby steps. Fake it till you make it. Write it before you bite it. Think of every cliche you can, put the cliche into action, don't think about what you have to do, just do it. Self-sabotage is the pits, but you can do this. Try one day at a time. Don't beat yourself up and before you know it, you'll be feeling fine. Give yourself the opportunity to be successful! and Good Luck and : and
Itryharder
234.6/192.8/189 and closer to goal
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:01 AM   #7  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Great thoughts from Itryharder!
I'm also struggling a bit to get the scales going down again but I refuse to give up! If it takes me a month to see any results, then that's okay.
I always think of that old saying "Losing weight is hard. Maintaining is hard. Being overweight is hard. Choose your hard."
Ain't no escaping a weight problem. The only way out is through.
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:41 PM   #8  

With the exercise that you are doing, are you noticing a difference in the way your clothes fit? I don't know your bone structure, but being 5'9", 170 shouldn't look bad. I am 5'8" and was 175 when I got married (almost 29 years ago), and I looked pretty good because I was exercising.

My doctor keeps telling me to quit watching the scales. I am a much healthier person because of the exercises that I am doing. Even with not staying totally on program all the time, I still feel better than I did a few years ago. I'm in my 50's, so my story is different than yours. All my bloodwork that I've had done is WAY better than it was just a few years ago.

Don't beat yourself up over the number on the scales! It's hard to get into a routine after being off of it. As for the cheats, don't go crazy and eat a pint of ice cream or something big. If you save for a small treat each day or every other day, that can give you something to look forward to. Journal your food intake, drink water.

I'm going to quit because I am rambling!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote