Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Your manta when you feel the urge to eat when you shouldn't

I was doing so great for about 4 months, completely satisfied, motivated, on plan 100% and lately I just want to EAT! For all kinds of reason and none of them hunger. I know there are so many great mantras from you all and I need to hear them again. Like go do something else to get your mind off it, or it will be there tomorrow, or chew some gum. So please bring it! I need it, I'm going on about 2 weeks of this, I don't know if it's stress or what...I've been good and haven't give in but maybe a little someting here or there, but it's really distracting and it's making me miserable, not to mention this is one of those weeks with no weight loss and that seems to send me into - well I guess a plateau is just around the corner might as well endulge, even though I know full well that that is my pattern of weight loss, a few weeks of 1-4 lbs, then no lbs for a week or two. My meals are feeling small and unsatifying, I know they're not, but I just want to EAT. Anyway, need those mantras!!!! Ok I'm going for a run now.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #2  
In it to win it.

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 67"

My mantra is "short term low (not having that beer or cake), long term high (being fit and comfortable in my skin).
alicat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 305/245/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm new to the mantra thing, but here's what has been working for me:

This WILL NOT add to your life.

It's simple, easy to remember, and reminds me that bingeing doesn't enhance the quality OR length of my life. Good luck finding one that speaks to you!
Viviane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:47 AM   #4  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

"I can have it on Saturday."

That's my sort-of mantra, because that's the one day of the week that I allow myself to eat absolutely anything I want, as much as I want, all day long. Without it, I would go nuts obsessing over food.

So, if I'm craving a greasy pizza, I can have it Saturday. If I want McDonald's, Carl's Jr, an ice-blended coffee drink with whipped cream, pie, cake, candy, WHATEVER, I can have it Saturday. As much as I want.

This may not work for everyone, but it works great for me. I don't find it difficult to get myself back on track the next day, or to hold off until Saturday to cave in to whatever food desires I have.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:29 AM   #5  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!!"

It's worth it, it's worth it, it's worth it!!!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:26 AM   #6  
Really maintaining now!

S/C/G: 375.6/low 160s maintaining

Height: 6'

Mine is, "I will feel awful about having eaten this." I can't even really enjoy it while I AM eating it, but once the deed is done, I feel even more wretched.
catherinef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:44 AM   #7  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

I love mantras. I have many.

Growing up, money was tight so mom would always ask, "Is that a WANT or is that a NEED?" That helps me when standing in front of the fridge. Also, I was driving back from work yesterday and this sentence hit me: "Do you want skinnier jeans?" And I answered myself, "YES!". So I didn't stop at Burger King, I went home and exercised & ate healthy!

It sounds so stereotypical... but ORGANIC CELERY really helps me when I want to stress eat. It's crunchy, filled with fiber, low calorie, and if I add a little smear of natural peanut butter, it's even yummier. Oh, or a 1/2c of raspberries...mmmmm!! Gum always helps, I keep it on the fridge, on the kitchen counter and in the car.

Exercise ALWAYS helps fight urges to eat unhealthy. When I run and start getting droopy I tell myself, "I can do this, I felt so great after my run yesterday." or "10 more seconds!!" or "I'm burning calories."

For personal issues I use "I am clean" "I am beautiful" "I am forgivable".

Best of luck to you, NCUNEO!
Veil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:47 AM   #8  

i know that often when i am about to have a whoosh of weight loss i feel ravenous, so when i feel like i just want to eat and eat and nothing satisfies me i try to keep that in mind.
cestlavie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 280-->150

Height: 5'7"

The Finding Nemo "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." bit pops into my head alot, especially when I'm in the supermarket trying to walk down the ice cream aisle without looking.
Jo Kittibuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:09 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 248/220/150

Height: 5'5

"You will not be powerless over something like food."
MelloFatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:30 AM   #11  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!!"
I remember a few months back when Kate Moss was quoted as saying that, and she got absolutely blasted by the media because that statement is very popular amongst girls w/eating disorders.

I'm not trying to insinuate anything, that's just a statement that I never thought I'd see on this board.
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:00 AM   #12  
Ready for a change!

S/C/G: S/C/G: 277/277/150

Height: 5'8"

I think here though, that statement "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" is different than Kate Moss saying it lol. We're all trying to get to a healthy thin
love114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:14 AM   #13  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Oh yikes... I had no idea. I'll take it out of my siggy!

ETA: Yeah... I have no desire whatsoever to be "Kate Moss thin". I don't think my husband would be a fan either!

Last edited by ValRock; 04-18-2010 at 06:15 AM.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:51 AM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful8 View Post
I remember a few months back when Kate Moss was quoted as saying that, and she got absolutely blasted by the media because that statement is very popular amongst girls w/eating disorders.

I'm not trying to insinuate anything, that's just a statement that I never thought I'd see on this board.
Whoa. I use that statement all the time, as does many others, because it's the truth!

Not every one that uses it has an eating disorder. Well I guess in the past I kinda had an eating disorder. No I DEFINITELY had an eating disorder. I ate disorderly. I ate whatever I wanted when I wanted. I abused food. I was overfeeding myself.

Now I eat healthy, healthy, DELICIOUS, nutritious, satisfying foods. I've been super morbidly obese for a long time and I can honestly say that I don't miss that high calorie/high quantity foods. By giving up that stuff I GAINED so much more - my self respect, my self confidence, my self worth - my life.

I LOVE my life now and without a doubt being thin FEELS waaaaaaaaay better than any of that food ever tasted. By like a million kigillion tines.

So, I'm afraid you ARE going to hear that phrase around here, because it's an oldie and a goodie, even if the media twisted it around.

Quote:
Oh yikes... I had no idea. I'll take it out of my siggy!
Val, by all means put that back in your siggy. It's worth reading every day as a daily affirmation.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:27 AM   #15  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

Duplicate

Last edited by Hopeful8; 04-18-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote