Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 07:22 PM   #1  

Question iShape.com

Hey everyone,

I have been thinking about signing up for iShape.com to get personalized workouts, but I wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with this program. It's been widely advertised in Shape magazine and on the web, but I don't want to drop $100 on something I get from the magazine that I subscribe to anyway....any feedback would be appreciated! I'm not sure if this is the right discussion in which to post this question....not trying to imply that iShape is a scam!

Thanks
Old 01-28-2003, 09:02 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

And THAT is why I asked Suzanne to rename this forum "Buyer Beware" from "Fitness Scams". Sometimes you just want to know if a product is all that it says it is, you know?

Anyway - as far as paying $100 for 'personalized workouts' - before I did that, I'd just do a bit of research and make my OWN workouts. For myself, after doing a couple of 12-week Body for Life challenges, and a lot of reading, I figured I knew enough about splits and training to make my own program.

A great FREE place to start is Krista Scott Dixon's website at http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html - she's got a lot of great ideas there. (I'm assuming that you are including weight training in your program, not just cardio). Check it out - great site and lots of info!

And really, how 'personalized' can it be if it's a computer program - rather than a *real* certified trainer - creating your workout? Really, 'taint nothin' you couldn't do on your own...just my two cents here...
Old 01-30-2003, 01:50 AM   #3  

$100?!?!?! wow. That's a lot. For that, you could probably meet with a dietician/nutritionist and/or a personal trainer.

for $20/month, i'd say go for it, but $100 seems a bit high...
Old 01-27-2004, 06:22 PM   #4  

Default iShape.com

I know this is an old post, but I just thought I'd clarify some things about iShape.

First of all the program is $99 for a year, which is considerably less than previous posters thought.

As for the personalized aspect, the program has some short comings with regard to meals, but the strength and cardio plans are outstanding!

In addition, there is a great group of gals who support one another... a lot like this board, I can see :-) So far, I've lost 25 lbs and mostly by exercising and living a healthier life. Dieting is for the birds

The main draw though are it's logs. With them you can keep track of everything you eat and your cardio and strength training, too. Normally, I'd be on iShape right now, but they are upgrading the program today, so the site is down. At any rate, it's nice to be here.

Sandy
Old 01-28-2004, 08:31 AM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Sandy,
fitday.com sounds like it may do the same thing and it is free.
-L
Closed Thread