Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-13-2010, 11:47 AM   #1  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Default What's your pattern of weight loss?

When I first started, I consistantly lost 1.5-2lbs every single week. I wasn't even trying very hard, I probably ate 1200-1800cal/day but I didn't record, and I didn't exercise at all. Then I plateaued at 150lbs and stayed there for a month. I had to totally revamp my plan and get a lot more nitpicky. I now do an hour of cardio 4 times/week and 30 min of strength 3 times/week. I also measure food and count calories and stay between 1200-1600. I no longer lose consistantly. I'll drop .5lb/week for two weeks, then nothing for a week, then have a 2-3lb drop the week of my TOM. I've done this for two months now.

So anyways, have you noticed any observable patterns? Is your weight loss fairly linear or do you plateau and whoosh? Has it changed at all as you progress?
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #2  

In the beginning I lost consistently, a few pounds a week. Then I hit a major plateau, so I changed my workout schedule and had a major whoosh a few weeks into it. Then I hit another plateau, changed my workouts again, and had a mini-whoosh. For me, it seems that majorly overhauling my workouts can make a huge difference.
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #3  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Honestly, I don't know what my pattern is. When I first came of 3FC, I dropped weight really fast - like 8 lbs a month. And then I gave up and gained. And then I got back on the wagon, dropped weight fast, stopped and gained.

Oh wait, that is my pattern. Steady weight loss followed by giving up and gaining.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:45 PM   #4  
Transforming through God

I notice that my weight seems to come off in a big whooosh. Like, I will be perfectly on plan for 2 weeks and lose nothing, even may appear to gain a pound... then out of nowhere, 2-5 lbs gone. It seems to happen like that for me, which is why I tally calories on a weekly average and try not to stress over the scale (but I do sometimes anyway).
MyBestYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

So far its been consistantly 1.5-2 pounds a weeks. if I only lose a pound 1 week I usually lose 2.5-3 the next week. Hopefully it continues this trend because I'm going to disneyland the end of june and would like to be 160-155 by then. I'm doing official weighins twice a week now to keep closer tabs on my loss.
Katieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:00 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I seem to lose in bursts then stall a bit. So like this week I lost 2 lbs, the week before nothing, and the week before 2 lbs, and so on. It's averaging to about a pound a week (since I restarted last February).
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:19 PM   #7  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

mine is weird.. its like drop 3, drop 2, drop 2, stay the same, drop three lol
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #8  

Height: 5'11

I started out loosing 2lbs every week like clock work I could get on the scale and know that I was going to be down 2lbs, but lately I'm stalled out. I haven't really lost a lb in a COUPLE months but I have however lost inches and gone down a size so I'm still trying to be positive even though the scale isn't moving.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 130/128/115

I couldn't lose a pound. I was STUCK. But now I am trying Allie along with the normal cal counting and exercise. This seems to have jump started something! I have lost 3 pounds so far....here is praying it keeps coming off in a healthy way.
techgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:06 PM   #10  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

I dropped the first 25 pounds like it was nothing, in just a few months. And I've been sitting at 160 for a year.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

I've stalled/gained slightly 3 different weeks since July, but each of those was followed by a week of significantly greater than average loss (one time it was 6 pounds, which was almost orgasmic, frankly). I tend to lose about 2 lbs a week, but I assume it will slow down at some point as I get smaller.

Within the week, I seem to lose 2 lbs literally overnight, go up a bit for 3-5 days, then go back down, hold 1-2 days, and then drop 2 lbs again. This is very consistent.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:32 PM   #12  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

If I'm perfectly on plan, I usually lose consistently... 2.6 seems to be a frequent number. No weird plateau-y things yet. Soooo not looking forward to those. Maybe I'll get lucky and that won't happy to me.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 155/98.2/100

Height: 4'10.5"

I lost pretty consistently the first couple of months, but as I get closer to goal, I'm completely subject to the whims of TOM.

When I ovulate, my weight loss stops dead in its tracks. No matter how perfectly on plan I am, I get stuck in a holding pattern until TOM makes it's arrival (which can be up to 2 weeks later!). Then I lose weight consistently for the next two weeks, until the whole vicious cycle repeats itself.

Luckily I've never hit a *real* plateau so far (knock on wood), so usually it's just a matter of patience and staying consistently on plan.
chickapea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:09 AM   #14  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Both times I've done this (and consistently recorded progress) *sigh*... I've lose the first 60 pretty predictibly. 2 lbs a week, 1 lb the next, 3 lbs, 2 lbs... etc... but it's something I could count on! Once I hit 199 it starts to stall out and I won't lose for a couple weeks then I'll lose 3 or 4 all at once. 184 is another magic number for me. I stall out HARD and it takes me a few months to break that and then I'm back to the nothing for a few weeks and a couple all at once.

It's frustrating!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:11 AM   #15  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickapea View Post
I lost pretty consistently the first couple of months, but as I get closer to goal, I'm completely subject to the whims of TOM.

When I ovulate, my weight loss stops dead in its tracks. No matter how perfectly on plan I am, I get stuck in a holding pattern until TOM makes it's arrival (which can be up to 2 weeks later!). Then I lose weight consistently for the next two weeks, until the whole vicious cycle repeats itself.

Luckily I've never hit a *real* plateau so far (knock on wood), so usually it's just a matter of patience and staying consistently on plan.
I think this must be what I do also. My weight absolutely does not change the week before my TOM, but it's pretty slow if it does anything the week before that also. The week of TOM and, to a lesser extent, the week after, are my losing weeks. I went from seeing 145 as the low on the scale last week to 141 this week.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote