Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: April 12-April 18

New Pages

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good Morning Everyone:

My guest arrived safely and we had a good evening catching up on news.
I brought in bar-b-que for dinner and I ate modestly. Three of the four pounds I put on last week are now gone.

BBL,
Rhonda
Old 04-12-2010, 09:17 AM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I will be careful and hope the therapist will be able to manuvour my neck into to right position,can live on pain pills forever.

I lost 1.5 of the 3 that I put on during the Easter Holidays.Happy about that even though candy wasn't involved. I have to stop going out with my new friends to restaurant 3 times a week.

Doctor wants me to keep to a 1200 cal limit to get out of this dangerous poundage that I put on the last 5 months. Hope he doesn't weigh me when I to him this morning.

My new avatar is the bear my grand children bought for me for Easter His name is Leo the Bear.Brought him home and he now on Leo Lounge Chair.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting us up and I glad that your lost the 3/4 pounds.

Have to get ready for the appointment,will post later

Last edited by beach bum; 04-12-2010 at 09:24 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:49 PM   #4  

Hi:

Maryann, love the new bear. It's difficult to stick to 1200 calories and eat out, isn't it? I've been eating a LOT of salad when we go out.

I've been running all day. I made the Peruvian turkey for dinner tonight from the WW cookbook. It was tasty. You just marinate turkey breast in red wine vinegar, olive oil and spices (cumin, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper) for a few hours and bake it. I served it with basmati rice (not core, and I ate only few bites) and veggies. I added a salad and that was a good dinner.

Rhonda
Old 04-12-2010, 11:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

The carpet is in !!! It is so nice to know that when we move furniture, it will be in its final place. We still have stuff to do, but it is all small. I'm really looking forward to de-junking and using my sister's label maker to set up a more organized system.

Rhonda, have you tried brown basmati rice? It is good, and I like it better than regular brown rice. Have fun with your friend!

Maryann, I love the Leo bear! I hope your neck feels better soon!

Hey to the rest of you chickies! Have a great evening!

Last edited by sloanie; 04-12-2010 at 11:18 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:49 PM   #6  

I'm going to the Dr in the morning because I have been having weird
heart flutters that I have never felt. It makes me feel like I need to breathe extra deep or cough ...Probably nothing , but I will feel
better to check...
Really bad timing with Robin's surgery Wed.

Spent the day exploring the property we may buy..and finding ticks tonight... I wonder how we played all day in the woods as kids and never got ticks..

Maryann..I have to stay at 1200 to lose... Lately I am doing better by eating 200 calorie mini meals in the first half of the day when I am less hungry..
that allows a few more calories in the evening.
I know that goes against some expert advice but it seems to fit my body
rhythms and I have been losing so I am sticking with it.
I make sure each 200 calorie meal has fiber & protein in it...
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' chicks! With all of the big projects done, it's now time for all of those little projects that are my responsibility (meaning I will be doing a lot of them by myself 'cause they are more on the decorating side of things). Anyway, I have so much to do that I don't know where to start. I really want to decorate, but there is a lot of clutter that needs attention, too. I know the clutter should come first, but that's no fun .

Nancy, let us know how your appointment goes today. I'm praying for you. I'll bet the flutters are just a result of stress related to Robin's big day tomorrow. Also, you might try to cut out caffeine-that's just a free nurse tip from me to you

I'm off to de-clutter. Bah Humbug
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Thanks for the welcome back.Glad to be back to my routine again.This morning I have a mammogram but this time around its not by xray but with digital. They changed the system since I was there last year.

RHONDA-Going to take you advice about the salads when I go out,but I going to stop going out to too many restaurant eating during a one week period. The girls like to to out 3'xs week and I 'm not used to that.

SLOANE-Thanks I'm putting a heating pad on my neck and the pain seems to subside it better than the ice pack. I had my carpet cleaned and what a difference in the appearance in my living & dining room area.The only thing I need is some hunter green throw pillows for the sofa and wing chair and the living room will be finished.

NANCY-Do I know how hard a 1200 c can be. Never thought about dividing the amount in to 3 meals at would be 400 cal per meal.Or 200 200 &
800 for the evening?????? That's doable thanks for the idea. Oh my heart fluttering, it may be stress like Sloane said about Robins surgery,Prays going out your way.

Have a great morning
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:05 AM   #9  

Nancy, I was thinking exactly what Sloan has said. That's free advice from a public health professor (retired). When I read your post about the possible move I had sympathy flutters! Let's hope your MD says it's temporary stress.

Sloan, I've been here 4 months. I removed clutter before I moved, and there's even more. The stuff multiplies!

I'm off to the Kimball Museum in Ft. Worth with my friend today. But, first, the gym.

Rhonda
Old 04-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! No time to stay. Puppy training is not all it's cracked up to be. He's sleeping all night but doesn't want to be in the crate during the day when we need a moment. He whines, then barks, then barks shrilly, then howls. He never calms down until I go in there and sit down next to the crate, ignore him until he stops, and then let him out. I've tried all the tricks about getting him to go in and just stay a few seconds and such but one I lock the door and move away, all **** breaks loose. I'm reading the Whole Dog Journal puppy primer and it says to not let them get too hysterical in there to the point where they eliminate in there or it wrecks their housetraining. Yikes. I'll be at this a while. I keep telling myself that he's only been away from his mama for 3 days and is only a little over 3 months old.

Eating is good. I'm so worked up I'm nauseous and don't feel like eating.

Be well chicks!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:10 PM   #11  

Hee hee Vickie, we lead parallel lives. My little guy wants to be held all night long. During the day he's happy to be snoozing in his bed, but at night, it's a different story. Good thing he's so snuggly!

I think I'm going to try to get a bath in today for him...one for me probably wouldn't hurt either! I already got the dishwasher loaded and 2 loads of laundry folded, so that makes today super-productive. I will also get a nap or two in there for me.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:11 PM   #12  

Hee hee Vickie, we lead parallel lives. My little guy wants to be held all night long. During the day he's happy to be snoozing in his bed, but at night, it's a different story. Good thing he's so snuggly!

I think I'm going to try to get a bath in today for him...one for me probably wouldn't hurt either! I already got the dishwasher loaded and 2 loads of laundry folded, so that makes today super-productive. I will also get a nap or two in there for me.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:02 PM   #13  

Awww, separated from him mommy. No wonder he's howling. I'm no help. I never crate trained a dog.

Angela, laundry already. Play invalid a few more days!

I'm tired but I did 20 minutes on the elliptical, doing interval training: 30 seconds at a normal pace, then 30 seconds like a bat out of Hades. I did that for 17 minutes, then stayed a normal pace. It is exhausting!

My friend and I went to the museum, then to the Botanical Gardens, had lunch there, then came home. The Kimball is a unique little gallery, very nice.

Rhonda
Old 04-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghiowa View Post

Angela
You could try crate training

I agree with Rhonda.. let everyone do the chores awhile..
Old 04-13-2010, 08:26 PM   #15  

I may not respond to everyone because I am
trying to get a ton done tonight before the surgery tomorrow.

We arrive at 6:45 and the surgery is at 8 am ( 5 hrs estimated)

My doctor said today that the palpitations are fairly common and that
caffeine and stress make them worse. He asked if I was stressed and I just
started laughing.."yes every aspect of my life is in transition!!"
I think I am dealing well with it all but I am sure it still affects my body.
He did an EKG and wants to do a few other things to rule out anything serious
but I plan to quit my coffee after tomorrow(gradually over a few days ).
That is something I should have done already because of my trouble sleeping..
Sleeping pills to sleep and caffeine to wake up is not what I want to keep
doing..

I think we are buying the property I posted about before...more on that
later.. It will be 4-5 years before we build on it...

Vickie...would a radio in the room with the crate help..I have heard of that
before....also some people leave a ticking clock to remind them of the mothers heartbeat...