Old 04-12-2010, 12:19 PM   #1  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Talking Attempt and Self-Sabotage-Epic Fail!!

I am not sure what sparked this but I had a "I don't give an F" weekend as far as my eating went. I ate McDonald's on Friday and Chinese yesterday with just regular food at home in between. I didn't watch portions, I didn't count calories. I think being right on the cusp of my 2nd goal led to my self-sabotage.

I feel like poop today! Yuck. I'm bloated, gassy and have low energy. I weighed myself and am 6 lbs up from Friday am. I am paying for my rebellion and am back on plan today.

I didn't just have McDonald's on Friday...I had a 1/3 lb Angus burger. About a quarter of the way through it I felt nauseous. My body isn't used to that crap anymore. I wasn't able to finish the burger and threw more than a half away.

Same thing with the waste of money spent at my old favorite Chinese restaurant. The food was literally oozing grease. It tasted really yummy though but I could feel it sliding around in my stomach. I became nauseous about 1/2 way through that meal.

It made me think of the movie "Fast Food Nation" where the guys body initially rebelled against his all McDonald's diet but then re-aligned itself to eating crap. My body has gotten used to healthy, whole foods in modest portions with lots of water to wash it all down. Despite my best effort to sabotage myself, I just can't eat like that anymore!! Woo hoo!!
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:35 PM   #2  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Michelle, I've done stuff similar to that. There is this local Mexican restaurant that has the most amazing rolled tacos, with guacamole and cheese. Last time I indulged, I felt horrible the rest of the day and the next morning.

Same thing with exercising, for me. If I allow myself to sleep in rather than going to the gym, I feel bad the rest of the day. Sluggish and tired.

So, we think we are treating ourselves to go off plan, but we really just give ourselves a big time penalty!!

Glad you're moving on and are back on track!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #3  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

I'm glad to see that your healthy lifestyle has yielded such excellent results! It's wonderful when we can see the material benefits of our work.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #4  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

GLAD YOU ARE BACK to eating 'NORMAL' now

I think we all experience that old eating pattern, as Diane said, I too ate a hamburgar a few days ago and couldn't finish it, it was making me sick.

AND THAT EXCITED ME!!!! hahahaha

Stick to the PLAN Sista!!!!
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:01 PM   #5  

It is ironic that I was treating myself to an off plan weekend and instead treated myself to a belly ache, gaseous bloated diarrhea and 6 lbs of sodium water weight gain. Aah, what a treat indeed!
Old 04-12-2010, 02:09 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

This is why now if I eat something that's less than ideal I only eat a little bit.

Like last week I was CRAVING Mexican so badly- I got three rolled tacos with guac, cheese, and lettuce, I totally took my time and enjoyed them, I drank a LOT of water with them and had a side salad and felt fine afterwards. Those tacos were totally worth it- and I had no gain

I still eat out but I try to choose healthier places. Last weekend I went to red robin, got their chicken ensalada plate with one chicken breast and drank it with water- I enjoyed it IMMENSELY and am still in onederland on my offical weigh in (I hit it last Wednesday I believe).

Last edited by beerab; 04-12-2010 at 02:09 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:25 PM   #7  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Our bodies are not meant to eat all of that scientificly formulated extremely processed foods with chemicals that are pretty much unpronounceable. You have gotten used to eating healthy and that is awesome!

@Beerab, make a post here about reaching Onderland so we can all tell you how freakin amazing that is!!!!!
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:28 PM   #8  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

How long have you been doing this? I'm just curious. I wonder if I'd have the same experience 5 months in.

I love this post! Yeah, some treat!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
How long have you been doing this? I'm just curious. I wonder if I'd have the same experience 5 months in.

I love this post! Yeah, some treat!

I started December 26, 2009. So 3 1/2 months? I am really glad that my system rebelled. I used to eat fast food 4-5 times a week and up until 5pm Friday was down to maybe 1x a month and when I had eaten fast food, it was a grilled chicken breast sandwich with the only condiment being mustard.

This has been a concrete reminder that I just don't eat like that anymore. It could have been a fluke or a mild stomach bug that hit at the same time but if it was not really the food just a virus or something, aversion therapy works!

I don't want to feel yucky like this again. As the day goes on, I am feeling better and better. I am sipping water, just ate a big salad for lunch and my body divested itself of the belly full of garbage that I ate this weekend. (Sorry to whoever used the Ladies room after me!) My stomach has settled down and I've perked up a bit.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #10  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

I'm simply impressed you weren't able to finish it... when I go crazy with junk food I seem to eat and eat despite the sick feeling. So, congrats there...

As far as the self-sabotage. I definatley feel you. I got down to about 209 just before Xmas and then all **** broke loose. I think I kinda freaked with getting closer to the 100s and before I knew it I was letting myself eat junk again and not exercising at all. My weight jumped back up to 221 over the next couple months. So this month I have been working on getting back on track. I'm at 214.8 today... so I have a few more pounds to go to back to where I was... but, slowly and surely it will happen.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #11  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Oh Michelle...I am so close to doing what you did...say the F$%# with all this and eat my brains out or eat til I puke or just eat til it hurts. UGH. And that sounds so awful too. But I also hate this "feeling" It is a gnawing feeling that just keeps going...how can I make it go away?
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:52 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathydoe View Post
Oh Michelle...I am so close to doing what you did...say the F$%# with all this and eat my brains out or eat til I puke or just eat til it hurts. UGH. And that sounds so awful too. But I also hate this "feeling" It is a gnawing feeling that just keeps going...how can I make it go away?

I wish I had a ready answer for you. My choice was to really over do it and eat completely off plan. I felt like s*** when I woke up this morning because of my willfulness. I know I didn't do anything nice for myself by eating crap.

I think one of the reasons why I went so completely off plan is two fold 1. I am close to my mini-goal of being 20 lbs down. 2. I allowed myself to not plan ahead when it came to healthy foods for the weekend. I just got back from vacation, I had been sick for a few days, I had a hard week at work all contributed to my ****ty eating for the weekend.

I think if I were you, I'd sit for a few minutes with my thoughts before I went off plan and try to determine what that gnawing feeling meant. Does it mean you are bored? Overwhelmed? Need a hug? Are tired?

I know eating like that is what got me to 273 lbs in the first place. Eating horribly over the years wasn't "loving myself no matter the size", nor was it treating myself to something nice. It was self abuse, not caring for myself at all. Eating crap this past weekend really brought home to me how poorly I've treated myself!

Last edited by Michelle98272; 04-12-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:10 PM   #13  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

You are back on track and have a positive attitude about it. Some times old habits die hard. I am sorry you felt so poorlybut it may be good that it happened so the memory of it can put the stop to any future situations.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:58 AM   #14  
I want to feel better

S/C/G: 291.2/???/healthier

Height: 5 foot 3.5 inches

I think it's so great you realized that you feel so much better eating healthy! Maybe a treat now and then is a good thing to remind us how much better we feel!

I have not felt "stuffed and sick" from overeating for almost 2 weeks and it is wonderful!
MablesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 245/225/175

Height: 5 feet 8 inches

Michelle, I had an experience to yours a few weeks ago. I've been making healthy eating a priority since sometime in February, and I'm down about 20 pounds. One of my indulgences is a McDonald's ice cream cone. One day, their ice cream machine wasn't working. I said to myself, "Well, I planned this 'treat', so I'll switch to something else." I ordered a big mac snack wrap, took a bite, and promptly dropped it into the trash---did not agree with my stomach at all! I think this means my body is learning to rebel against junky food
Mary49 is offline   Reply With Quote