Old 04-12-2010, 12:27 PM   #1  

Default hoping this will be my time

Im fat. I weight over 300 pounds. Thats horrible..I cant believe I havent cared enough to stop the fatness from becoming out of control. But now I want control and I want to be healthy.

So I am on day of South Beach and so far so good!!!

Im Amy from Atlanta and glad to find others who have struggled too!
Fluffymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #2  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

South Beach is a great plan to get you off of sugar/refined carbs and into eating veggies and other healthy foods. You may feel like crap for a few days as you start out, but if you stick with South Beach, it WILL work. There is a subforum here specifically for South Beach, I'd recommend you head over there as well and chat with the folks who are doing SB.

Welcome. And--don't hope that this will be your time, because it's all within your power to make it your time. Make a plan, commit to the plan, and work the plan and it will happen for you.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! 3fc is the greatest- you'll love it here.

Definitely check out the South Beach Diet area- I also do South Beach and it's the ONLY thing that has worked for me. with my insulin resistance I've found that cutting out all the bad carbs has really helped me
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

South Beach is great! Those first three days are rough, but it does get easier. It's hard to see that at first, but it really does get easier. By the end of the first two weeks many people aren't ready to add the carbs back in, which seems crazy before you rid the body of sugars.

You can do this! You have come to such a great place full of inspiring, motivation people who always seem to know just what to say. Whether that "right" thing is an "atta girl" or a kick in the rear, it's always the right thing.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:20 PM   #5  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Welcome to 3FC's!!!!!

Great support here and we are all looking forward to seeing you achieve all of your goals.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #6  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I just wanted to say that if you don't push yourself to change, then you may end up meandering like me. I'll lose some weight, and then just stay in the same spot forever.

I know that there is a time and place where you can eat sweets, but it may be hard. It is very hard for me, and sometimes if I allow myself to have some it just throws me all off. Maybe I should try the South Beach or just quit sweets cold turkey :P

Last edited by rakel; 04-12-2010 at 04:01 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:59 PM   #7  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Hi Fluffy
I'm Daphine from Atlanta. Welcome to 3FC!! Now that you know what's going on with you lets focus on what needs to happen to get past it. You can do this !!

Today is the VERY LAST day you are to refer to yourself as fat. You will tell yourself only positive things. As you travel on this journey, you will learn lots about you and how your body works. So tighten up your bra and lets get to work!!
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #8  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to 3fc's Amy! I'm sure you'll do great on South Beach; just stick to your plan and you'll see results.

Stick around; post often and let us know how you're doing. You'll find lots of support here!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #9  

Welcome Amy! You have come to the right place. Here you know that no matter what weight issues you're struggling with, everyone can relate in some way or another.

The support is here and if you dedicate and commit to your plan, you will get results and reach your goal!
ChunkySmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:16 AM   #10  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

This place rocks and its a great place to be encouraged, inspired and to ask questions from people who have been there.

Just keep one foot in front of the other , never look back, and learn as you go. Just love YOURSELF more than you love FOOD.

Welcome!
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:41 AM   #11  
I want to feel better

S/C/G: 291.2/???/healthier

Height: 5 foot 3.5 inches

Hi Amy, welcome! I have found this site to be very inspiring. We can all do this together!

Nikki6kidsmom - I love that... "love YOURSELF more than you love FOOD". I will remember this! I'm committing it to memory!

Old 04-13-2010, 08:20 AM   #12  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome! Hang in there. The hardest part is starting. It will get easier in 2 or 3 weeks. You can do this!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:37 AM   #13  

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I've been doing WonderSlim but it's not for me for the long haul. I'm thinking of South Beach too, cause I am already noticing without all the carbs I don't feel anywhere near as hungry.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

WELCOME!!!

Yes..this IS your time. The folks here at 3fc are supportive, friendly and very wise.

The key is PLANNING. Yes, planning helps to make it all work.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

agree totally about not HOPING but WORKING. I know this time is going to work for me because I am not stopping. I don't know when it will work (meaning when I'll reach goal) but I know that I'm just going to keep going and I'll be there at some point.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote