South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 06:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Morning Coffee Chat

Good morning! Dawn is breaking on a brand new week, and it promises to be a nice one.

It was a very productive weekend with a lot of yard work accomplished, and we finished it off with an impromptu family BBQ last evening. There's half a double fudge bundt cake with thick fudgy frosting in the fridge on the porch that taunts me every time I open the door. I'm so glad I made a mock snack cake for myself to keep me in line!

The day ahead looks pretty busy and I probably won't be home before 6, so I want to get the garden and the new sod in the front lawn watered before I head over, and I must set aside an hour for my workout, too.

Heidi, I'm glad you had a safe trip!

I hope it's a great week for everyone!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:15 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Linda! I kept the living room windows open last night and thought of you. It won't be long before we have to hook up our swamp cooler. I made a mock snack cake, too. It sure helps when those tempting treats are around. I'm really trying to start planning meals in advance and have a BBQ scheduled for Wednesday. Yesterday afternoon was spent making soups and a casserole for tonights dinner...wonder what I'll do with all my free time?

Today is back in the swing of things. For some reason I have it in my mind that I'm giving the cat a bath . This thought comes once a year and I've never done it. I may head over to the pet store early, then walk the dogs, ride my bike and go swimming. The pool is really nice this time of year-warm and sunny, but no crowds.

I hoe it's a great week for everyone, too!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:21 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Linda, you make me think of the Energizer Bunny (but slimmer). Enjoy your busy day!

Debbie, if you DO decide to bathe your poor cat be sure to take some photos...
It sounds like you've got a great day planned, I wish I could join you!
I've never made the mock snack cake. I'm afraid I'd have trouble staying out of it. One of these days I'll break down and bake it though.

I am looking forward to a good walk and some wii fit time this afternoon evening. I didn't get to do either yesterday. My house is definitely showing signs of neglect - clutter piled high on the dining room table and the dog came out from behind the couch with a dust bunny clinging to her whisker last night when I was tossing her toy. Too many weekends away from home and too many days of "I'd rather go for a long walk - the house will wait." lol It's going to wait today, too, but I need to get on top of things this week. What I ought to do is invite guests over for dinner one night this week. That would FORCE me to get things done.

Enjoy your Monday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 04-12-2010 at 06:23 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:30 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a chilly start but looks like another lovely spring day. I'm looking forward to slightly warmer mornings so I can get out for some early walks.

Cottage - What kind of snack cake did you make this week? I'm making one this afternoon, probably just blueberry again. Enjoy your long day and time with the girls.

Debbie - DW often tells the cat she is giving her a bath but so far we haven't. We had to bathe out old kitty when she had cancer. That was not fun for anyone, poor little thing.
I have all my dinners planned for the week. Now to stick with the plan Do something fun with some of that free time

Heidi - I was thinking the same thing about my house. I might use one of my many personal days and just focus on spring cleaning. My Wii Fit did the guilt trip thing last night when I got on. Wait until summer!

Looks like a quiet week, so far. I don't have any visits planned but hope to schedule a couple this morning. Yes, still have that newsletter hanging over my head too. I'll get it out to the printer today. Mondays are always super quiet in our office. Now that I saw my first warblers I plan to get out every lunchtime to walk over by the river. I love this time of year

Hope your Monday is sunny and calm.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:36 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Hi to all the regulars here before me! It's comforting to know that you all are up earlier, and have already checked in.

We're also due to have a temperate week here; and there is not too much planned in my personal life so perhaps I will be able to work on my "complete 5 things" list. I already completed two items: moved all my photos to one photo sharing site (instead of divided between 2) and created photo books for my mom, MIL and myself of my son over the last year. This week I think I'll tackle destroying the old photos (outtakes, etc., that I just don't feel like I can throw into the trash - I'm going to put them in a large plastic garbage bag and pour Coke all over them, which I heard dissolves them) and putting the ones I am keeping into an album. It's sort of wierd because it means I have to relive the last 15 years of my life through the pictures - some parts I'm not too excited to remember again. But Mercury is heading into retrograde, and that is the time to complete things from the past, so here I go! Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I blow-dried my hair and turned the sprinkler on out front, and now I'm enjoying my oatmeal and more coffee.

Debbie, I haven't met a cat yet who enjoys having a bath, good luck! And pictures would be nice. I remember you mentioning a swamp cooler before, but what is it?

Heidi, your post is giving me a guilt trip about the state of my house right now. I've been so busy getting things done outside, that the housework has been sadly neglected. I need a rainy day, I guess. You and Fergie are going to really enjoy your GPSs. Jake could never understand why I wanted one until saw how convenient it is, and now he wants one, too.

Cyndi, I made a bumbleberry snack cake this time, (apples, blueberries & cranberries). I love it with a dollop of yogurt or ff Cool Whip. Last night while everyone else was eating cake and gourmet cookies, I was perfectly satisfied with my guiltless cake. As I told Heidi, the weather is much too nice to be cooped up inside, cleaning. Wait for a rainy day to do that tiresome task.

Good morning, Mmc!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-12-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:21 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Sorry...I don't know HOW I'm going to bathe the cat, no less take photos...I think a vivid description will have to do..or perhaps a white flag of surrender.

Heidi, I am laughing out loud!!! A dust bunny on poor Penny! Yes, dinner guests help with housework! Wish I was closer.

Cyndi, what's up with us both having our week of meals planned? Are we on the same page again? I hope so! Enjoy your walk. We're back to walking the dogs by the river.

Mmc, great job on the photos! It's on my list but I'm so techno-slow that I really don't know what to do! Have a great day!

Linda, a swamp cooler is slang for an "evaporative cooler". It's on top of our house with a fan/vent through the living room ceiling. Water runs down a screen and evaporates into cool air-instead of an air conditioner with freon.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

You chicks are so busy!

I slept later than usual and have to go wake up DS now. BBL.

Have a great day all!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:00 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Karen Rest is good, too!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Morning all,

I fell off a horse yesterday. So I am barely moving on my own today, lol. Luckily I didn't break anything, I just busted up my lip. Ouch! Note to self: don't canter up a hill when you haven't done it in ten years. It will only end in pain.

Then, to top it all off, I got on the scale today and I am STILL stuck at 241. That's two weeks now. I think I'm going to go back to a strict phase 1 and see if I can't break through this hump.

Hope you're all having a fabulous Monday!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:51 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chickies!

Yikes jenny! Feel better!

Karen

Debbie: We bathe out eldest all the time as she has an issue reaching her backside. Fill the tub in 2 inches of water. Did you buy pet wash? Namely cat wash? Hold him/her by the scruff and clean FAST! It's wet and messy, but I am sure you knew that!

Cottage: morning! thanks for getting us started!

Heidi: Glad you got back to Maine safely. I haven't talked to my MIL lately. How's the weather?

Cyn: Mondays here are full of crack! I hate them because there are so many internal meetings! Grrrr. Have a great day!

MMc: Yay for organizing!!!

Not much here for me. The scale was up a pound this morning so I am going to be sure to drink lots of water and not really sweat it as I got a compliment first thing this am about the shirt I am wearing being too big Have a great OP day all!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Good morning everyone! Sounds like we all have busy days/weeks. I have to go to the grocery store today, and get my DS registered for kindergarten.

I'm up 3 lbs this morning after one week on Phase 1.5. Kind of bummed about that, but I just started my period (TMI alert) so I'm hoping that's all it is.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:05 AM   #13  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Debbie I think I would wear the rubber like gloves you wear when washing dishes when you bathe the cat.

Woke up late today so not much time for personals.

Jenny OUCH hope you feel better!

Not much going on today. I have to finish a midterm either today or tomorrow and I have some laundry to put up. Work should be pretty busy this week since next week is the kids spring break.

Have a great day

Tammie
Old 04-12-2010, 09:31 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! Day 1 of 3 at work this week, so I'm going to try to stay extra busy so that it will fly by. My weight was down 0.4 today, but Aunt Flow is knocking, so I'm not too shaken up about it. My jeans are feeling pretty good, so I'll just focus on that.

I'm still working on a game-plan for our mini-vacation this weekend. I'd love to come back having lost, but will settle for maintenance. I know I'm going to splurge a bit, but I just have to know where and when before I get there.

Okay, it's 8:30, so the doors are being unlocked. Time to get to work!
Old 04-12-2010, 11:19 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

What a busy weekend we all had.

Karen thanks for sharing the pictures, you DS and his gf looked great. I will try and get a couple of pics posted of both of my guys this weekend.

Jenny hope you feel better, ouch, not fun at all.

Today is Opening day for the Cardinals- we are having a potluck here at work and then I am going to meet DH to go to the game.

Everyone else

I have decided to get up 20 minutes earlier each morning so I can get in a quick workout of 30 day shred before getting ready for work so I can get extra workouts in during the day that way.
Closed Thread