Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 07:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Default #179 Hanging on

I may be looking forward a little bit, but Jan. is almost over! With Feb., 2003 is not new anymore. Our New Year's resolutions were made a month ago.

What we must do is stick to them. Not make them "New Years" resolutions but "WHOLE YEAR" resolutions!

This is the year I am getting to goal weight. I have 60 more pounds to go. That can be done in 8 months, so by 11, I expect to be there!

and I know many of you will be there with me!

I have a few little goals for Feb:

1. not eating a ton of chocolate on the 14th. this is the first year i've had an extra-special guy, but i'm telling him NO CANDY for presents.

2. mastering at least 1 workout video. this means, doing all the steps correctly, start to finish.

3. being happy and loving myself.

What are yours?
Old 01-27-2003, 08:23 PM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

My goals are:

to get down to 275,

stop w/the binges & treats, and

exercise EVERY SINGLE DAY.
Old 01-27-2003, 11:39 PM   #3  
missaprylj

My goals--
1) Down to 215
2) Not going INSANE (and I mean CRAZY) on Valentine's Day, My Golden Birthday -Three Day Weekend!-, and all of our "single girls rock!" gatherings.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. This sucks, but I can't stop thinking of how proud of myself I'll be if I do it!

Old 01-28-2003, 11:39 AM   #4  

My goals are pretty easy.
1. actually get back on the weight loss track. I'm tired of the same 2 pounds coming and going.
2. get down to under 200 for the first time in YEARS
3. start exercising again (even if that only means doing housework, because I've really slacked on that too.)
Old 01-28-2003, 12:20 PM   #5  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

1. to get down to 192lbs

2. to eat more during the day and less in the evenings

3. to increase my workout time each day by 10 minutes (currently I am at about 50min/day), and to start jogging (I am going to run a marathon this fall )
Old 01-28-2003, 12:30 PM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Well, the scale wasn't being kind to me. I was working and working and trying and it just wasn't MOVING. Then, on friday, I jumped on it before my morning walk (as usual) and I got off... that couldn't be right. So, I got back on again and looked REALLY HARD. Yep. Five pounds lost. All at once with no prior warning. I was like, "Oh yeah, now THAT's what I'm talking about." I was kinda concerned that the next day it would jump up the five pounds and say, "Just kidding!" but it didn't and it's stayed pretty steady. Woo hoo!

I'm starting to notice my weight change in really subtle ways. Like I feel like my waist goes in more and my legs look leaner. It's really been motivating. I see my Mom in May and I think it would be great to be about 210 then.

For February, I'd like to see 241. That will be 10% of my body weight lost. That's a very big goal for me since 10% of my body weight has been in my mind for so long.
Old 01-28-2003, 12:53 PM   #7  

Thanks for starting this thread Holly. I really needed the reminder. My dh is starting a 4-month job assignment on Monday what will have him leaving the house on Monday morning and not returning again until Thursday evening. The logistics of being a 'single mom' for most of the work week is overwhelming. Also after the longest snow/cold spell in recent memory, the weather should get better next week but I won't be able to resume my daily 45-60 minute session of 'doing hills' near my office cuz I need to reduce my lunch hour to do my hours and still get my kids to school in the morning and pick them up from the after-school program on time. UGHHH!!!!

So, my goals for February are small, but important ones:

1) no stress-eating.
2) Fit in 10-20 minutes of exercise a day -- even if it's just stretching and toning stuff at home

Holly -- tell me more about these workout videos ... do you have any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 01-28-2003, 01:55 PM   #8  

My February goals are to:

~Lose 6 pounds
~Run 3.5 miles at a 12 min/mile pace consistently.
~Eat one new vegetable each week (I eat the same old stuff all the time... I want to start mixing it up a bit!)
Old 01-28-2003, 02:21 PM   #9  

steph --

doing workout videos is a new thing with me, and i am loving it. i was already sick of just the stationary bike every day. i went to half.com, and just bought some random ones (and someone reccomended one to me). so far, 3 have arrived.

1. ultimate workout by kathy smith - it's from 1984, which is a kick. i find it pretty hard still. lots of jumping.

2. emergency workout by minna - i LOVE this one. minna was miss fitness USA, and she's a very good aerobics leader. it's got dance moves and is really fun. i'm thinking i might try to master this one.

3. kickboxing by kathy smith - this one is neat! i get REALLY winded and sweaty, and still am not very good at all the kicks. but it's a great variety from plain old aerobics.

i enjoy working out a lot more now. the videos have really helped me, and i feel better every day i do one. =)

anyone else have an AWESOME video they want to share??
Old 01-28-2003, 02:42 PM   #10  

I have Denise Austin's Step & Sculpt tape. I absolutely LOVE it!!!! She does 25 minutes of pretty intense step aerobics & then 15 minutes of sculpting, including a pretty good ab workout. I've had it for a few years, so I don't know if you can still buy it in the stores, but if a person could find it on-line or something, I would highly recommend it!
Old 01-28-2003, 02:52 PM   #11  

kayla --
do you need a step for that video? and do you think it would be rough on someone with a weak knee (i have a torn ACL that acts up)
Old 01-28-2003, 03:36 PM   #12  

Holly,

You do need a step for this tape (you can get them pretty cheap at places like Wal-Mart or K-Mart). As far as a bad knee, it might be kind of tricky. She shows you how to do some of the tougher moves on the floor, but you still do stepping. Does going up steps bother your knee at all? If so, then I would think the tape may be too much. But if not, then the tape should be fine, I would think.

When I was just starting to lose weight, I would do this tape sometimes. My knees, which bothered me because of all the excess weight, never really hurt doing this tape, but it's probably an individual thing.
Old 01-28-2003, 06:33 PM   #13  
Catwoman

My feb goals are :
Lose 8 pounds
Get my vege garden dug and some new vege's growing
Keep up my walking daily
Old 01-29-2003, 09:53 AM   #14  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Good morning Sunshines...

Well I was back on the treadmill this morning. That's a great thing. Going to spend some time outside playing this morning. Sara has a friend coming over - hopefully she will play hard and have a wonderful nap in the afternoon

Not too much new here.... just glad to be home from vacation. Here is a picture of me and my big a$$ while on vacation- dh got in troube for this picture.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:08 AM   #15  

My goals are simple, just remain OP. I am not going to try to pick a number that I want to loose, I just want to stay on program. This will be my goal for the next month or so. If the weightloss comes, it will just be added happiness.

Today will make it 5 days in a row OP. I am so proud of my self.

Well I must go, it's school time again, lol

Bella23
Closed Thread