General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #1  
Getting Healthy!

S/C/G: 315/268/160

Height: 5'9

Default New Slim Fast Commercial

I was watching Law and Order CI today and saw the latest Slim Fast commercial. As a long time dieter, I've done SlimFast along with every other diet on the planet. It was making fun of diet pills, which amused me, but the tag line to their commercials really REALLY set me off.

Who has time to slim slowly?

Every time I dieted, I wanted to lose the weight fast. After all, we come from an instant gratification society, one where we want it all and we want it now. However, it didn't take me six months to get this way, so why on earth would it make sense that I could get rid of it? The only sustainable weight loss I have ever had was through long term changes to my diet and exercise.

Even SlimFast's website is promoting Slim·Fast is the clinically proven way to lose weight quickly for your next big event. Now I am not knocking SlimFast as a diet plan. It works great for some people, especially those who live a fast food life and need something quick. But the fact their website is promoting SlimFast as a quick fix just seems unhealthy, and something about all this just rings my danger bells.
Alecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/150/140

Height: 5 "5"

LOL! I also have done Slim Fast and it did absolutely nothing for me. I was dehydrated, dizzy and hugry all the time. I didnt know anything about nutrition or calorie value back then so I used to follow their guidline, which is ridiculous. I mean if you replace two meals with slim Fast, thats like less than 500 calories, then they recommend that you eat a sensible dinner around 500. So basically you just restricted your calorie intake, which doesnt work because you can't maintain such plan. Also, I read it somewhere that all the minerals they list aren't even in the product. You can save yourself some money and nourish your body by buying Whey protein and making your own healthy shakes.
zamzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #3  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

I think you could save money on Slimfast by just making a glass of chocolate milk, mix in metamucil (unflavored) and chew a Flinstones vitamin :-D
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:20 PM   #4  
Getting Healthy!

S/C/G: 315/268/160

Height: 5'9

Oh I know about Slimfast making you hungry! I have a friend who uses it as an effective breakfast replacement, but I'd DIE. I must have my protein and fat in the mornings or I'm going to be the monster who ate the entire kitchen come midmorning!
Alecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

I lost all my jr year weight before my sr year of high school on my very own personal Slim Fast, Diet Coke, and popcorn diet. I don't recommend it. I did lose thirty pounds. Oh, willpower that allowed me to live on SF, DC, and popcorn...where have you gone?

I realize that doesn't add much to this conversation but Law & Order: Criminal Intent caught my eye and I had to comment. I love that show. Will not watch when it's just Goldblum.
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 277/210/175

Height: 6'0

All the commercials for weight loss plans and supplements just make me laugh. I learned the hard way there is no magic pill or shake that will melt off the pounds, but that is the way so many things are marketed, it just amazes me.
SalaamDementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #7  
Cute and Chubby

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKoo View Post
I think you could save money on Slimfast by just making a glass of chocolate milk, mix in metamucil (unflavored) and chew a Flinstones vitamin :-D
HA!
MikoMarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 305/245/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKoo View Post
This made me laugh hysterically! Thanks!
Love your avie, by the way, so cute
Viviane is offline   Reply With Quote