Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:15 PM   #1  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Default Dr Beck and my Relationship with Food.

I was a member of the Beck group while, but I dropped out, but another thread got me thinking that I would like to post my experience with Dr Beck's book 'Beck Diet Solution'.

By following the steps/techniques, I was able to figure out why I eat, overeat, emotionaly eat, bordom eat, and pretty much put a stop to it over the past few months. No, Really!

I can now keep chocolate in the house, eat regular portions {even skip days}, and not go back for more, obsess about it all the time, or feel deprived. Eating is now my decision, and I have never before had this kind of relationship with food.

This relationship was my goal in starting Dr Beck's book but I have to add that what has happened has far outweighed my expectations. While my journey wasn't always easy, I feel it was worth it, just to feel in control.

I recommend Dr Beck's book whenever I can.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Default I recommend Dr Beck's book whenever I can. __________________

As do I, patchworkpenguin, as do I!

From before, you know we are the least regimented forum on the site! We all post as we can, share as we can, and support each other to the max.

The thing that strikes me the most about following the Beck Diet Solution, or Beck Diet Solution for Life is that you need a coach. Well, you also need the *right coach, and to me, it makes better sense to use us, the rest of us Beckies as coaches, rather than someone in your life who you have to find, recruit, pretty much train...why not use us? We are already devotees and practitioners..

So, welcome back! We will get as good from you as we give.
maryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:59 AM   #3  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

That is one powerful achievement, Penguin (patchworkpenguin)
Quote:
Eating is now my decision, and I have never before had this kind of relationship with food.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

patchworkpenguin - I am so glad you posted this. It's a wonderful thing to be able to say that, in other words, you have a sane relationship with food. I am happy for you.

This my goal. I must admit that Dr. Beck's techniques have helped me get through many situations I did not have the tools to use before.

Before I came to the Beck forum here, I had a friend as my coach. While she wanted to help - she clearly didn't know what I was trying to do. I wanted to give her the book and she wasn't that interested in reading it. Folks here been very helpful to me. I appreciate the support & ideas gathered here - and hope to help people along the way too as best I can.

For the first time in a long time I feel hopeful about being able to live with food. I never know what tomorrow will bring - but, I am grateful for having a plan that gives me hope.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-09-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:34 PM   #5  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy View Post
but, I am grateful for having a plan that gives me hope.
That is one really big thing that I learned from the books. Have a plan. If I don't know what I'm doing, where I'm going, or how to get there I'm floundering. Floundering is like making things up as I go along.
Of course I can have a second snack today. why not?

The other concept is the 'credit system.' If I focus on the one mistake of the day, of course, I'm going to feel like a failure, but if I weigh the 20 good decisions against the one mistake, I feel much better about the 'whole diet thing"

I've been here at Chicks since last June, but I didn't want to lose weight if I was only going to gain it back. I knew I had to get my relationship with food under control before I lost the weight. It may have taken me much longer to start losing weight, but I feel learning a new relationship with food, was , in hindsight, worth the time spent, even while not losing weight,

Thanks guys for the postive feedback!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:57 AM   #6  
Buddha Shaped

S/C/G: 307/307/199

Height: 5'3"

It's nice to see someone who feels the same way about Beck that I do, patchworkpenguin! I'm a compulsive/emotional eater as well, and working the Beck program is really helping me change my relationship with food as well. Thanks for reminding me what a gift that is!
DuckyChick is offline   Reply With Quote