South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 05:49 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Friday Frolics and Fabulous Fun

Well, I can dream, can't I? My frolic will be taking out the trash in the rain and then I'll have the fun of going to the gym to work on being fabulous. After that it'll be the Big Domestic Day as Donna is coming and I have a list of extras for her to do before she does the regular stuff.

I do intend to spend some me time this afternoon with my book and a cup of tea. We'll see what else happens. Maybe Johnny Depp will drop in.

How does your Friday look? Fun and fabulous or just a Friday?
Old 04-09-2010, 06:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Friday morning, Ruth!

My Friday is looking both Fun and Fabulous, since I plan to enjoy a quiet day by myself. Right now we're still getting some lingering rain showers and it's lovely. I cleaned the house and did the laundry yesterday, so I have the entire day free!

I'm thinking of driving out to one of my favorite garden centers way out deep in the Amish countryside to look around and see what's new. I still haven't heard from the girl who promised me rhubarb from her father's patch, so maybe I can find some today.

My arms and legs are quite sore this morning. I've been doing some strength-training exercises on the Wii Fit Plus and working some muscles that haven't been used in a while! I'm not sure whether I should do the exercises again today, or wait until the soreness goes away? I want to keep up with them, so I'll probably do as much as I can. I keep thinking of that new swimsuit I bought, and that I want to look great when I'm wearing it this summer.

Jenne, I hope you found some relief from your allergies!

Anne, I hope your DH finds something soon, and congratulations to your DS!
Old 04-09-2010, 06:06 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Linda, as the little wii fit board says each time you finish, "Remember to work out every day!"
Those exercises look wimpy but I can't believe the muscles I've got now that I've been doing them regularly since February.

Another busy day here, but that's good. I eat less and go to bed happier on busy days. We've got a middle school class visiting to read with us this morning and most likely an indoor recess at noon time. We're doing a fun dinosaur bones activity this afternoon though, so I'm confident that will get everyone settled down again. I'm heading to Massachusetts very early tomorrow morning so I've got lots to do after school too. Hopefully the skies will be clear by the time I finish my errands so that I can get a walk in before I start on the laundry. It was too rainy to walk yesterday afternoon.

Enjoy your Friday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 04-09-2010 at 06:14 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:09 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Ruth! Thanks for getting us started this morning. Oops! Sorry to hear it's still raining, but on the positive side it gives you a bit more inside time before the gardening season is in full swing. Enjoy your day and BE SURE to spend time with your book and cup of tea....and if Johnny Depp does show up please send him my best wishes!

ETA-Hi Linda and Heidi...my computer needing a reset so I'll be back...also haven't figured out what I'm doing yet today, either....that task takes coffee.

Despite staying up past my bedtime to watch a BBall game, I seem to have my up and at 'em this morning. Fabulous! Coffee is brewing, family is sleeping and our part of the world is waking. Fabulous is my BIL's favorite word(with his British accent) and I like it because it's another "state of mind". My life isn't perfect and many of us have day to day hardships, but I find that if I can keep a positive state of mind that my task of losing weight and keeping it off becomes easier.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 04-09-2010 at 06:14 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:19 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! It's raining here too, but supposed to clear up later in the day. The weekend will be cooler which will be a relief. It has gotten up to 90 degrees the last two days here.

I measured/weighed today. I lost .2 lb. and a half an inch here and there, not much (and with a half an inch, I am never sure if it is just that I am holding the tape differently). At least I didn't gain. The cold/allergies I have been having seem to be calming down, and I have GOT to get back to exercise.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 04-09-2010, 07:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Ruth - What are you reading now? I am reading so much less because it really does instantly trigger snacking for me. I should try tea with my book too.

Cottage - I had always heard to rest the muscles a day at least in between but know many people, my mom included, that don't do that. But it makes sense to me because doesn't the soreness come from small muscle tears? Good for you working them that hard!

Heidi - Busy means less eating for me too. Funny how kids are intrigued by dinosaurs. Have a safe trip to MA.

Debbie - You always sound so positive to me! I tend to be more of myself here, moods and all, but on my blog I have tried to be optimistic about the whole journey and it really does help motivate me. But might mislead someone into thinking I really am that sunny - I am not! But trying.

Mmc - You look different! And are going in the right direction I feel the same about the tape measure. How often do you do it? I weigh daily but measure only once a month.

I have my workout with my mom today and will do what I did last week - only lower body and abs. But at least it is something. I am doing abs and cardio on my own but need to get motivated to keep up the lower body work at home now that I don't go to the gym. Oh motivation... where are you?
Old 04-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Good morning everyone!

We're getting relief from the heat here too, it's only supposed to get up to about 60 today. Which my DS (age 4) is excited about because he gets to wear his favorite hoodie again. LOL My DH is working from home today, which I love.

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 04-09-2010, 09:05 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Finally back...darned computer...especially when I have lots to do.

Linda, I wish you could come by and pick me up for the tour of the garden centers! Have a great day off!

Heidi, have a great day! I'll be thinking of you and your trip to your folks tomorrow. Is Fergie going?

Mmc, glad your allergies are calming down. I hope you get to start planning for your exercise.

Karen, I certainly have moods but I try to come here with a positive outlook because I have come very far and still have a long road ahead. I had one week last summer where I literally fell apart and I PM'd friends here who helped me get through. I always know I am on the edge of another one, kind of like looking over the Grand Canyon, and there are many times that my attitude is all I can change. Trying counts! Motivation....you'll find it. Have a great day.

Hi Chelsea, I'm glad to hear it's cooling down for you. I hope you are feeling better on your intro to P2.

Cyndi,

Me, I have Beck homework to do, then bike to the pool for water aerobics...dog walk after, then home for OP lunch and paperwork. I'm working tomorrow, so need to get things done today. Other than that, I'll see you all later.

Have a great day everyone!...Did I say that already??
Old 04-09-2010, 09:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Height: 5'6

Ruth-- If Johnny Depp drops in, I expect an invite. I love him.

Heidi -- Enjoy your day and your trip!

Debbie -- I really agree with you, how "fabulous" the world is really depends on how you look at it, and I always try to look at it with my cup half full.

Everyone else:

As for me, this friday is going to be a busy one. Have a lot of work to get started on for next week and I have to clean my room as well as perform in a choral concert tonight.

Hope everyone has a good friday!
Old 04-09-2010, 09:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Morning everyone! I'm falling asleep at my desk, so I just thought I'd say hello before I attempt to prop my eyes open with toothpicks. I got 7 hours of sleep, but I think I woke up right in the middle of my deep cycle. Boo!

Hope you all have fabulous weekends - I'm going horseback riding on Sunday and I'm so excited!
Old 04-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning all we are having internet issues at home so I haven't been online since yesterday afternoon. Can't figure out what to do with myself in the morning without my information upload and my 3FC fix.

Cottage & Ruth - enjoy your quiet time. Good luck with Johnny Depp.

I've spent too long catching up on email so need to do a little work. If it's quiet here I'll check back in later. Not sure when we will have internet back. DW is calling Comcast to try to get a new modem. Hope that helps.

Hope your Friday is an easy ride into the weekend
Old 04-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 191.2/138.5/129

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, everyone! Off to a slow start to the day here. My boss just finally got in. I have a few books to process, but not much else to do.

Ruth- I really wanted to stay take the day off and spend it with a good book. But I knew if I stayed home I'd work on accounting homework instead, so I might as well go to work. Enjoy that book!

Cottage- enjoy the day! A free day to yourself sounds wonderful!

Debbie- you've made me decide that a cup of coffee is just what I need right now!

Hello to everyone else! Better go make my coffee and get back to work!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hello, everyone! I really miss chatting here. I hope I can start getting up earlier to do it before work again soon.

I've had a pretty good week so far, but I'm ready for it to be over because next week we leave for our mini-vacation!! I can't wait!

I'm on day 2 of being a full-on pescetarian. It's a hard change to make in cattle country/the desert, but I'm going to get creative and find some better resources for seafood if it kills me!

Well, it's time to log off the internet and get to work! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend planned!
Old 04-09-2010, 11:06 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm back from the nursery WITH some mature, freshly dug-up rhubarb plants! Just as I was leaving the house, the girl I spoke to last week that offered me some plants from her father's garden called and said she was holding them for me. I'm having a cup of tea right now and reading up on how to plant them properly, then I'm going to get them planted. Now how cool is that to be able to pick rhubarb from my very own garden whenever I want?

Cyndi, I'm glad to see you back on line! I was wondering where you had gotten to.

Kimstar, I've missed you! Your mention of becoming a pescetarian reminds me of something funny Maggie said last night. The girls are awed with the fact that I'm a vegetarian and are always asking me questions about it. Well, Maggie had some kind of sea creature action figure and was telling Audrey it didn't eat people, and I said it must be a pescetarian. So Audrey asked what is a pescetarian, and Maggie replied "It's a person that eats "pesces."
Old 04-09-2010, 12:17 PM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicks!

went to the Dr. this am and it's allergies so I've got a steroidal creme for it. I asked her about becoming buff at the end of use but she didn't find me funny. I haven't seen her (my primary) for 2 years. And I am only 2 pounds lighter than I was at that time. Daunting but true. She was impressed with my calf muscles -- I told her it was all the escalator walking! I told her I'd be down another 12 the next time I see her again (6 months).

Thanks cottage for the thoughts What do you do with rhubarb? I am scared of it!
Ruth - we got a lot of rain and howling wind...stay dry!
Heidi - hoping the skies cleared up for you
Debbie - have a good one!
MMc - nice [new] profile pic!
Karen - when you find your motivation, have it call up mine, ok?
chelsea - hope you enjoy the weather!
kate - have a good one!
jenny - toothpicks hurt too much. just put on a pair of shades and nap sitting up!
Cyn - that's why you get a cell with internet capabilities!!
Geo - hope you have a fab Friday!
Kim - my boss is a pescetarian and loves it. easier here on the coast to be though!
Closed Thread