South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 05:29 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Warmhearted Wednesday Beach Chat

Good Morning

It's an early one here! Coffee is flowing freely and hot water steaming away. It's Hump Day already...a quick moving week as far as I can tell. Stop by and chat a bit...

What's up in my world? Work is early; I have a lease agreement to prepare then we're off to the Museum of Natural Science...meeting the girls...I'm hoping for a bike ride while DH and DD's visit, we'll see how if the weather cooperates. If I'm able to get back and do a major packing job I may be able to get over the hill early tomorrow and hit the pool for water aerobics....we'll see.

Wishing everyone a Warmhearted and OP day!

Heidi I hope you got some rest last night.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:49 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning

Sounds like you've got a busy day planned Debbie! I hope you'll be able to get your bike ride in. I slept much better last night, thank you.

Busy day for me today too, I've got meetings before and after school and then youth group tonight. I don't think I'll be able to fit a walk in today, but I'm going to try.

My forsythia is starting to bloom! I'm happy to see it but I'm very surprised, I am sure this is the earliest they've ever bloomed. To me they're a sure sign of spring.

Enjoy your Wednesday friends!
Old 04-07-2010, 05:49 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I made it in here today. Thanks for the coffee, Debbie. I hope your Hump Day goes as planned.

It's a rainy morning. I knew that before I was fully awake by the aches in my body. I'm off to the gym this morning and that should work things out. There will be no outside work today or the rest of the week as we are in for a rainy spell. I might get caught up in the house for a change.

I need to wander around the Forum for a while. See y'all later.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:55 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Heidi, just checked my garden logs and this IS the earliest for my forsythia too. It did nothing at all last year and I was about to cur it down but it came through. Our season is three weeks ahead around here. The Ottawa Tulip Festival is even planning to move events earlier. It's usually mid-MAy but the tulips may be done by then.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruthie, and all yet to join us.

I'm off to the farm right now, as Cindy is having knee surgery this morning and has to be at the hospital by 7am. I'll try to check in from her house later.

Have a warm, wonderful Wednesday!
Old 04-07-2010, 06:07 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Early Risers

Debbie - Thanks for the coffee Sounds like a fun day. Hope you get on your bike and can get on the road early tomorrow. That reminds me - need to get my bike tuned up.

Heidi - Good morning! The forsythia are going crazy around here. My bloodroot and pulmonaria are up too. I spring. Hope you can fit a few minutes of outside time in

Ruth - I wonder if the three weeks will hold all season? Should make things interesting

Cottage - What a way for Cindy to get back into the routine. Hope all goes smoothly.

Another day, another meeting - it's just one of those weeks. The meeting is just a few miles from my house so I'm taking advantage of that and planning a WFH afternoon. I'm definitely going to get a walk or two in.

The week does seem to be buzzing by. Maybe the weekend forecast will improve a little in the meantime Hope your hump day is productive and unsurprising
Old 04-07-2010, 06:11 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Hi all!

Debbie - are things going better with DD (I assume that is your stepdaughter?)
Heidi, forsythia is a HUGE allergy trigger for me. Of course they were blooming like mad up near my parent's place, and even here in Brooklyn.
Ruth, I like your new picture.
Cottage and Cyndi - hope you both have a great, albeit busy, day.

I'm running all around at work today and it is my son's first day back at school after what seems like an extremely long break. We all need to get back in our routine! I've been on plan for two days and it feels great.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:20 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Mmc, I've got my Zyrtec, benadryl and kleenex close at hand, too. I wish I could find an Rx that REALLY does everything it promises to. But even with my sneezing, runny nose and itchy eyes I do love spring!
Old 04-07-2010, 06:29 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Wow! Everyone snuck in while I was being "productive".

Heidi, glad to hear your night was better. Take care on this busy day! Congrats! on your 6 mo SBD BD!

Ruth, good to see you...I missed you yesterday. All this rain is really going to speed things up. I think it's fun to think about getting caught up, but it never happens!

Linda, what a way to return from a vacation! It sounds like you're going to be busy.

Cyndi, we watched a show on the History channel last night and I thought of you. It was about how the States got their shapes and had a pretty extensive section on Vermont and the town that's split by the Canada/US border. I learned alot. Glad to hear you think the week is buzzing by. haha Have a great walk(s)

Mmc, keep repeating "routine routine"....great job getting back OP. DD1 is flying out today...DD2 . We seem to have detached with love...thanks for asking.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 04-07-2010 at 06:30 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm back, and checking in from the farm while the girls are still asleep.

Debbie and Heidi, I'm sorry for not acknowledging you earlier, I was in a rush and didn't even see your posts. Forgive me?

I had a very warm and wonderful reunion with my girls and Cindy & Richard yesterday. I ended up going over before the girls left for school, and then I drove them to school so we could have more time together. My dear little Maggie told me she cried for me while they were away, and she and Audrey couldn't stop hugging me, so I know I was missed. They were able to make it through the entire day at school, and we even went on a trail ride after school, but Cindy told me this morning both girls had fretful nights and to just let them sleep in today and take them to school later. I guess jet-lag is finally catching up with them.
Cindy is having outpatient surgery on her knee this morning to repair torn cartiledge (sp?), so it's nothing really serious. The hard part will be trying to keep her from overdoing it for the next week or so! She never sits still for long, LOL!

Spring is bursting out all over around here, and we're supposed to reach 90* today and tomorrow.

Heidi, I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:04 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone! Today is going to be busy but fun....My mom and I are taking my sister for pedicures this morning to celebrate her birthday. Then I have tons of laundry waiting for me! Our spring break is winding down....then it's back to work/school next week. I look forward to a normal schedule, though. I've been on Phase 1 for the last two days and I'm feeling much better...I think I will stick to Phase 1 for the rest of the week!

Debbie- thanks for the warm start to this Wednesday!

Heidi, Ruth- Don't you just love spring! (minus the pollen)

Mmc- Good job staying on plan...I like a schedule too!

Cyndi and Cottage...Happy Hump day!
Old 04-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I have to brag a little Never, ever doubt the power of the whoosh. After 2 months of stuck scale I've dropped almost 5 lbs in one week It's so nice to see the numbers going down instead of up!
Old 04-07-2010, 07:23 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Wow - busy morning here already!

Debbie - Have a safe drive. How long is it?

Heidi - My spring allergies are mild but my fall ones are horrible! You and your dad and family are in my thoughts.

Ruth - I don't know flowers but have notices great scents in the air when out walking. And pretty blooms on trees. I need a more spring-like avatar!

Linda - How sweet that you are so loved I hope Cindy's surgery goes smoothly and she recovers fast.

Mmc and Lisa - Good job! I was reminded the other day, after my overeating, how much better I feel when I am OP.

Cyndi - Woo hoo for the whoosh

I have been busy with nothing here. How does that happen? But busy is good because it means less snacking and thinking about food. I am going shopping at the mall to day and going to enjoy buying smaller clothes for my upcoming trip. Of course Murphy's law always reins in my life and if I am willing and ready to spend money on clothes, I won't find anything I like.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:52 AM   #14  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning All

Cyndi WOOHOO on the whoosh!!!!

Debbi Have fun at the museum.

Karen Have fun shopping!!!

Morning Ruth and Linda

Heide glad you had some sleep

MMC great job being on plan. Sit down and write out your routine. Then each day look at what you wrote and work your way through. Eventually the routine becomes second nature again.

Me-We went out to dinner with hubby and kids. We had a lot of fun. My dd was quite giggly. I hope you all have a great day.

Tammie
Old 04-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Morning everyone,

My car was covered in pollen this morning, so I guess things really are in bloom! It's supposed to rain and get cold here again, so maybe some folks will have a reprieve from the sneezing for a while...
Closed Thread