Old 04-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #1  

Default Sugar Addiction

Hello,

I've seen my aunt lose a lot of weight (30+ pounds) on the BFC. She swears by it.

How long does it take to feel better after eliminating simple sugar and white flour from the diet. Right now I am going through some major withdrawel and am just not feeling good at all. In fact, I'm feeling worse than when I was eating so much sugar!

My aunt never really went through a period like this. For her it was more of a mental shift...mine is truly physical. I feel lousy!

This is my second attempt at eliminating simple carbs from my diet. Last time (a month ago??) I tried it and got to feeling so poorly that I just gave up and went back to my old ways. I felt better within a few hours of eating some milk chocolate.

Am I just going to have to suck it up? For how long?
motherofthebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #2  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

You gotta suck it up! I know how bad it is! I am crashing right now from all the easter sugar...and I am a wreck whenever I lower my carb intake. I think you will get to feeling better (depending on how bad your sugar addiction is) anywhere from three to ten days. I wish you the best of luck!
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #3  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Things you can try to help ease your symptoms:

-- A glass of milk
-- Some beans
-- A small piece of natural fruit, like half an apple, or a clementine
-- Also, drink extra water
-- Avoid extra caffeine

Probably you will begin to feel better within three days to a week. Once you get through it, you will feel amazing, and free...but you do have to get through it.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #4  

Wink

I was afraid you'd all say that. : OK- It might not be pretty for a few days. 10 days??? I hope not (and so do my younger kids!)

Alrighty then... I'm sure I'll be back. Thanks for the tips and encouragement.

Hey, do y'all have that drawing/picture of a fat blond girl in a white bikini on the side of your screen? I just wanna know how this website got a picture of me without me knowing it! :
motherofthebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Well I have been on the BFC for only 3 days but my sugar addiction was bad! I didn't really eat that much sugar. No soda, no swwet tooth.... or so I thought! That damn sugar is EVERYTHING! It is hard and I did feel pretty crappy! Headaches and drowsiness. But I would recommend exercising to take your mind off the agony!

But I am feeling better. Not as hungry and definetly satisfied with the food I'm eating. I did buy some of the recommended cookies in the book and it did help with the craving. Just stick with it and I'm sure it will be worth it!
Kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:17 PM   #6  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

MotheroftheBride,

You can do it! The week I first gave up sugar I had the only migraine I've ever had. It is so worth it once you're through it. I promise. It also will give you a wakeup call to the drug-like nature of sugar. You are similar to an addict trying to get clean!
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 174/172/130

Height: 5'3"

I am very surprised that I have not had a soda in almost 2 weeks and really I am not craving it. What I miss is chewing gum when my breath is foul. I found some Trident gum in a work bag and found that it contained Xylitol. I don't chew all day just occasionally so I will use that until I get the Spry.

If anyone has any info stating the Trident is not good please let me know
Philigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 29 lbs. lost

Height: 5' 4"

Curious, what does BFC mean? Thanks in advance.
SlowMovingWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/120; 147/156/120

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMovingWoman View Post
Curious, what does BFC mean? Thanks in advance.
BFC stands for Belly Fat Cure. It's an eating plan by Jorge Cruise. Head on over to the BFC thread if you are interested.
MiniChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/175/130

Height: 5'5

After 2 days on BFC I had no desire for sugar.

However, I do not crave sweets I love cheese and bread though. But those cravings went away as well as smoking and drinking...
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #11  

I was fortunate that I didn't go through the carb withdrawal on BFC the way I did on Atkins. I continued to drink coffee with cream the week I started. I know I get caffeine withdrawal without my morning brew. Coffee is allowed on BFC. It can be made with cream and stevia. I think Zevia makes a cola. I am not sure if it is caffeinated.
On the initial menu I was given, it suggested coffee with cream for breakfast and ice tea with lemon for lunch.
Hope you're over your induction symptoms quickly.
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/175/130

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetermined2 View Post
I was fortunate that I didn't go through the carb withdrawal on BFC the way I did on Atkins. I continued to drink coffee with cream the week I started. I know I get caffeine withdrawal without my morning brew. Coffee is allowed on BFC. It can be made with cream and stevia. I think Zevia makes a cola. I am not sure if it is caffeinated.
On the initial menu I was given, it suggested coffee with cream for breakfast and ice tea with lemon for lunch.
Hope you're over your induction symptoms quickly.
Zevia does make a cola, it is made with Stevia, I bought some on sale last week.
I bought Ginger Ale.

It was good, However, I am trying to cut carbs now, and it had 19G carbs
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #13  

Thanks, chewy,

You're right. I just checked BFC and any can of Zevia counts as 0 sugar/1 carb. The root beer contains 10 grams of carbs, all from erythritol.
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote