South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 06:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Awesome April Tuesday Chat

Up, up, up, Everyone! Coffee's on!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:25 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
I'm not sure there is enough coffee to get me moving this morning. How about a latte instead?
Old 04-06-2010, 06:28 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

(sigh) I'm up. I actually slept well last night so I don't feel so tired this morning. The birds are singing outside and the weather is supposed to be nice today! I have a session with my CBT at lunch.

I'm very routine oriented, and for the last month (since we went away to New Hope before our vacation, then our vacation, then school break for son, then upsetting Easter weekend) I have been off my routine and it has thrown off my eating and everything else in my life. Now I have some time to get some focus back and I'm also going to take care of everything on my "5 things to complete" list. Mercury is in retrograde this month and I'm always quite affected by that (in different ways each time, though) and it's the perfect time to tie up loose ends. I hope everyone has a great on plan day.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:29 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Thanks, Linda, I'll pour a cup right now!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:36 AM   #5  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

I'm dragging this morning, too. I stayed in bed an extra half hour because I just didn't sleep well last night. My Dad was admitted to the hospital yesterday and they're keeping him until they can get his pain under control again. I just have too much on my mind right now.

We've got another warm day today - 50's. Then there's rain on the way and more seasonable weather but this streak of early spring sure has been great. Other than the playground I wasn't able to get outdoors yesterday because of other commitments but I'm hoping to get a good walk in after school today.

Time to get cracking! Enjoy your Tuesday friends!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, Everyone!

Remember me?

How I miss coffee! It's been over a week since I have had coffee, tea, soda or artificial sweetener. My heartburn is actually under control. I'm thankful, but I miss coffee.

My life is really crazy. Tonight is our annual fundraiser at work. We've worked hard and it looks great, but the economy is going to hurt us this year. Maybe some great benefactor will step in. We are leaving for Disney Saturday. There are about 10 really big things that need to be done before then. Wish me luck!

When I get back from Disney, I'll be back full time. I need a good stint of Ph.1 again.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:45 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hello Heidi

I'm so sorry to hear your Dad is back in the hospital. I hope that they're able to make him more comfortable very soon. Take care today and I hope you're able to get your walk in. I'm sending prayers and lots of love your way from Colorado.

ETA-Hi Mmc. I'm very routine oriented, too. It's been a hard month here, as well. My eating is on track but everything else is cuckoo. I have a list to work on. I hope your appt goes well and that you are on a start to being back in focus.

ETA-Hi Chelby. Yes, I remember you, I was thinking of you already this AM. I'm glad to hear your heartburn is under control. with your 10 things.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 04-06-2010 at 06:56 AM. Reason: ETA
Old 04-06-2010, 06:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hot strong lattes for everyone, coming up! It sounds like everyone needs it this morning!

Heidi, I'm keeping your dad in my prayers.

I'm very excited to get over to the farm this morning and see my precious 2nd family. I hope they're dealing with jet-lag OK, since the girls will be going back to school. I hope it's not too long of a day for them!

I'm awfully hungry already, so I'm going to tuck into my oatmeal and let it settle before doing my Wii workout.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Linda - I thought it was DH's snoring that drove me out of bed but it was you calling me to get up!

Cyndi and Debbie - Good morning. What's on tap for today?

Mmc - I am pretty routine oriented too. Know nothing about astrology though. I hope the timing helps for you.

Heidi - I am so sorry about your dad Maybe you can get a walk in outside today to give yourself some time. I am learning just how restorative that can be.

Hello Chelby! Have a great time at Disney. I'm sure you will have some great stories to share about Auston's experience when you come back.

Today is another boring day here. Getting my hair cut and colored. I admit that I have been washing it a lot less since I hurt my shoulder and it will be nice to have it look nice for one day. DS needs to pick up his rental tux after track practice and order his date's corsage. Hopefully DH will finally start taxes. He did get his mom's done yesterday. Costco day too... any new food finds anyone?
Old 04-06-2010, 07:30 AM   #10  

Good morning everyone!

Heidi- Hope your dad gets better real soon...prayers are headed your way!

Chelby- Disney in 10 days...I am jealous! We are real Disney freaks here at our house! Hope you get it all done!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Good morning everyone!

Mmc, I totally hear ya about routine, it always affects my eating too when mine is thrown off.

Heidi, Best wishes to your dad, I'm sorry to hear he's in the hospital.

Chelby, Good luck w/your fundraiser! Disney, how fun!

cottage, Have a great time w/your 2nd family.

Waisting, Have fun getting your haircut, I always feel pampered when I do that.

I've got lots of weeding in my flower beds planned today and a long walk by the lake w/the doggie. Gotta get out there early because it's supposed to get up to 90˚ today, totally unseasonable for this area!
Old 04-06-2010, 09:04 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Back finally!

Linda, anxious for the trip report!

Karen, I love the organic edamame at Costco. Not frozen, it's with the sushi...a great snack for me.

Lisa,

Chelsea, when you were talking about gardening I used your Beacher Bio link to find your location, DC. I think it's so cool that you make and sell natural soaps. I, too, am here for the long haul. I try to do the best I can do every day and not get too twisted in the "numbers". It's a far better choice in the long run. Wow! Hot day in the making!

I've been totally blessed to have a quiet morning here. Pups are with me zzzzzzzzzz........and DH is sleeping off his discouraging visit w/his kids. (We met for lunch yesterday and DD1 was too hungover to go to the museum, our planned activity for the day.) The only thing I can say is "Grateful it's not me!" Sooo.......we may actually start planning our exit here and head back to Funderland. To our credit, we made every effort possible to make for a cheery and enjoyable visit for her.

I've been doing some reading about the psychological aspects of eating behavior and am starting a purposeful plan to start working on changing my self-defeating behaviors, thinking and beliefs. Exciting, actually! I've learned alot about myself already. BTW-it's snowing here!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-06-2010, 09:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 191.2/138.5/129

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, everyone! I really need some coffee today (decaf, of course!).

I woke up worn out today. Took my blood sugar and it's only 67 so that's probably why.

I'm off to the allergist for a short (I hope) appointment today.

Heidi, sorry to hear about your dad. What is wrong with him, btw? It sounds like it's been going on for a long time. So hard for family to deal with.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:33 AM   #14  
Be happy.

I'm at school now, so no time for personals, but it was great reading everyone's posts this morning.

GeoKasher, my father has been fighting cancer for several years. It's metastasized so he's dealing with several different cancers now, but he's a fighter. We're coming to the end now though.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Got in late so no personals today but wanted to say hello. I hate, hate, HATE the summer weather. What happened to spring? Spring I can get down with...

Heidi - when my mom passed in 2008, although she had had 3 heart attacks (over an 8 year span) then kidney failure and a stoke that left her partially paralyzed, in a home, mentally not there at all and living on 20% of her heart, she somehow developed cancer that metastasized so badly, we had to do an autopsy as we only found out a week before she died that she had it and they couldn't even pinpoint where it started (they think the stomach). I hope this does not sound insensitive but I am glad you are getting the time you need to spend time and everyone can come to terms (as much as is humanly possible anyway as it is not any less difficult I am sure) with your dad's disease.

Last edited by jenne1017; 04-06-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Closed Thread