Old 04-05-2010, 10:26 PM   #1  
Observer of Phenomena

Height: 5' 4"

Smile WW for high activity levels

I joined WW last year after a foot injury forced me to scale way back on activity and my metabolism plummeted. It worked for me and I really liked it, but I quit when my foot recovered. (Maybe not so smart but $$ was a factor.) Now I'm back at full speed and very active, at the gym 3-4 days a week, running whenever it's nice out, riding my bike or walking to get where I need to go, hiking on weekends. I've still somehow managed to gain some weight back by eating too much so I'm considering rejoining.

My concern, though, is that the calorie allowances might be too low for me these days. I'd have the same daily points as I did before (I'm not in the next "decade" up from where I left off), but now more of my weight is muscle and less is fat. Also, strength training earns half the activity points of cardio, but my appetite, particularly for protein, always skyrockets after lifting weights.

What do you guys think? It would be great to hear from people with high activity levels or muscular builds (that might be hidden!) who are doing WW.

Thanks!
3Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:15 PM   #2  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

I don't think I fit in with the "high activity levels or muscular builds", but I understand what you are talking about.

I would save points for a high protein snack after weight lifting, but I definitely think you can do it.

I cannot remember exactly what was said about maintance and being at goal/lifetime, but I do believe that there was an amount of activity points that we should earn each week which was a large number.

How many activity points do you earn each week?
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186

Height: 5'3"

evaluate your points again by doing the questionnaire, that might increase your point allowances. If you have to add some of the bonus points to your day
goin4health is offline   Reply With Quote