PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:52 AM   #1  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Talking PCOS April Weighloss Support

Hello and Welcome All to the PCOS WL Support April 2010 Thread!

This thread is about PCOS and Weight Loss Support. If you have PCOS, or think you might, or know anybody that might have it, or your just curious or you just think we are totally awesome, so you just wanna chat with us, please join us!

Losing weight with PCOS is like trying to rollerskate up an icy hill. With all the wonderful lovely side effects, extra facial and body hair, skin tags, dark skin patches, weight gain, etc, etc, etc........

Everybody is whether you are trying to conceive or not!

Some come on in, get a cupa whatever and join us in a chat.
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:51 AM   #2  
Dream

S/C/G: 247/213/175

Height: 5"4

I just found this site and Im hoping it will help me get on the right track.
I found out about 5 years ago I had Pcos and ever since then no one in my family getts it. They dont know why im so heavy or why if I work out and eat right the pounds arent comming off.
I have a very supportive man that just keeps bring me up when my own family putts me down.
Im currently on Met 2000 mg a day but it makes me sick and I cant function on it, but I try im also taking Clomid 50 mg.
I know I want kids but I know I have to loss weight to.
Anyone know of anything that works well.
I try an not eat fast food , soda, candy or anything thats not wheat.
This whole thing is driving me crazy.
I work out 4 times aweek 2 hrs at a time and nothing ive been stuck at this weight for the past year an i dont think theres much else I can give up.
19832010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 194.5/194.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Nic.... boy you're on top of things... thanks for starting the new thread

Welcome 19832010.... I think we've all encountered people who don't understand the difficulties associated with pcos But, you've found a very supportive group here

Well, it's a new month, and I'm hoping for some better results than the last few

Off to mentally prepare myself for all the silly April Fool's jokes that my young students will bombard me with today
Dab52776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:39 PM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Well guess what? I woke up this morning and felt a little funny so I got up and the first weird thing was my pj bottoms just fell off of me. HUH weird. Went to the bathroom pulled out the scale, and holy smoke I lost 100 pounds over night!!!!

April Fools!

I know it'd be great if that could happen to everybody just wake up and the weight you want gone was gone! Esp us "Cysters" lol.

Big
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #5  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Hi:

I'm here. Don't see endoc. til May, so determined to make April's food log and exercise log as complete as possible so I can take it in.

Just had a weird headache feeling and checked my blood glucose -- 111. Then I checked my food log at it was at 30% fat, 34% carb, 35% protein.

Yargh. I always get headaches and things if I dip below 45% carb.

Anyone have that happen to them?

If I stay on track, I'll end the day at 22% fat, 46% carb, and 30% protein.

When I mapped it out last night I was just looking at the end of the day and didn't realize the first hunk of the day was going to lead me to a headache. Nrgh.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 04-01-2010 at 02:33 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:47 AM   #6  
HE'S my motivation!

Welcome 19832010!!!! Oh I know how it feels to be put down by people. I actually had a little crying session a couple of hours ago because I won't/can't go to my boyfriends mothers house on Sunday. I don't celebrate Easter (just like the chocolate bunnies hehe) but they do and it would be nice to go. Well his sisters decided to put me down by calling me a man/woman and well now I refuse to be in the same room with them. Ya I have the facial hair but I didn't ask for it. I could have called them so many things but I'm going to me the bigger and more mature person and bot say anything.

Dab - I am on here everyday. Like I always say you ladies keep me on track. That's why I love it here. Hope you are doing good

Sassy - I wish I could lose 100lbs over night. The first thing I would do is run out and by a two piece bathing suit. LOL

Astrophe - I have been checked for diabetes and they said I'm fine. Sometimes I get really dizzy. I hate those moments.

Hey ladies!!! Had a good day today. Didn't work out as hard as I could but I am happy I went. I'm glad my friend loves going. That also keeps me motivated to go.

Just checking in. I will be back later. Hope you all have a great weekend
Old 04-02-2010, 05:00 AM   #7  
Dream

S/C/G: 247/213/175

Height: 5"4

Thanks for the welcome.
Nic- have you notice that the people that know about you having pcos say alot of hurtful things atleast the ones around me.
They act like I dont try to lose weight or I want to go get waxed every other week like im so pampered an have this extra money HELLO i just dont wont the hair on my face. I think what we are going through is alot harder then people think it is an emotional rollercoster every time we step on the scale or pee on the stick and its not what we had hoped for. well now that im done venting I did work out today and cleaned the house. So all and all it was a good day.
19832010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #8  
HE'S my motivation!

19832010 - YES!! I wrote a vent on here about my father and my sister called "I know Im fat, can we move on...?" I wrote it as it was happening. My boyfriend is very supportive about my condition. He goes online and reads about PCOS and tries to find things that could help me. He's great! His older sister has hated me since day one. If one of her siblings are in a happy relationship she does not talk to that sibling. So now my boyfriends twin sister is single so they are best friends (Wasnt the case a year ago when the twin sister was dating someone). I was really close to his twin. Then one day she said she wants her pet back (that she said to just give away and we said no we will take him in) we have had him 3 years and now wanted him back. Goes on Facebook (Yes Facebook) and starts talking about me and that's when her sister (the older one) calls me a man/woman. They don't know what I have & I only tell people I feel should know. Now I could have responded and said a bunch of things about them but I'm not like that. If they really had something to say I'd appreciate it being said to ME not online.

It is hard having this condition. I had an old friends stalker going on here reading what I wrote (because she has no life and probably still reads what I write and for the record her and I are NO LONGER FRIENDS so go stalk her not ME) and she writes something offensive. Yet forgets once upon a time ago she was 300+ lbs. Another reason why I left but came back not caring. It's my life, I have this condition and all the hurtful things people say will be the fuel I use to work out at the gym. So if they want to continue to put me down - let me have it I could always use some more motivation.

I hope everyone here turns the negatives into a positive. It sucks to have this condition but it could be worse. We could be dying of some crazy disease that nobody knows about. We would really be screwed.

Xoxo
Mally

Last edited by Nicoyaangel; 04-02-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:12 PM   #9  
~Believe~

Talking Love to my Cysters!!!

Nico Big Giant I had the same thing happen to me a few years back with the whole stalking online thing. Its sad PATHETIC JEALOUS people who do that. You're a wonderful, beautiful, caring, kind, sweet and loving woman and they can't handle that! Nobody understands except us other "Cysters" what it is we go through. Its a painful, emotional and treturous road that has loads of potholes along the way. But with the support of our fellow Cysters, we can keep our heads held high Cysters! We are wonderful, beautiful, loving, smart, STRONG women!! Big Giant HUGS my Cysters!!!!

Hey that'd be great to have in our little intro next month, ya think Nico, Jenn, JB, everybody????

Anywho on another note, this goes out to anybody who wants to comment or answer or give friendly advice: I want to do a SERIOUS diet change. I am a type 2 Diabetic and haven't been eating properly, I'll admit it, but I want that all to change. So what diet should I try? I was thinking Atkins or the PCOS Diet? I want DRASTIC changes only because I want a child and I'm 35 and running out of time here people. I know its all my own fault, nobody to blame but myself, but I want that all to change!! I have been making an effort to be more active, but I need a disciplined diet to go along with it. HELP!!! PLEASE????!!!

Thanks All, you all are my Angels Love You All!!

Keep that head held high Sweeties You are WONDERFUL!!!
Old 04-03-2010, 11:29 PM   #10  
HE'S my motivation!

Hey Sassy!! Ugh! I hate online and life stalkers. They are PATHETIC. And I didn't even do anything to get my online stalker. (Hey Stupid! I didn't sleep with your husband- big ewww! He isn't even my type) Like I said I know she is still around. Aww thank you Sassy! You are the same and I am glad to have found this site & you and all my Cysters!!!

What is the PCOS Diet? I have been meaning to ask that.

I admit it too. Eating Pizza last night for dinner probably wasn't the best idea. I finally have a gym partner that is really into going to the gym. Now I just need to get better eating habits. I need help with that too.

I wish you all a great weekend! I will check in tomorrow or even later
Old 04-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #11  
~Believe~

Happy Easter All!

I hope the Easter Bunny was good to you all.

Nico -- Thanks, people like that just are PATHETIC. To waste their time following around people is ridiculous! I have had both, online and off. Both stink! Its like just confront me already and get it over with! GEEZ! lol I've been eating badly lately since I've been out of work. Who would've thought that by me not working at my SIT DOWN job, I would gain weight, but at work I couldn't eat whenever I wanted, etc.

I do not know what the PCOS Diet is. That is what I was asking. lol. But I have heard of it. I just have to research it. I know its a diet that is supposed to be good to reduce the symptoms and help us lose more weight? I think? Don't quote me or anything cuz I have no idea! But I did include a link to a google search I did so maybe we all can look into it! HA!

I am just really tired of losing and gaining the same weight over and over again! As I am sure a lot of folks are. I just have some "other" reasons. Sounds gross, but since I have extra weight in front it hangs down and causes me skin breakouts. Now my Gyn. has given me some medication to use, but its still icky and I just don't want to deal with it. So the best way is to get rid of the weight. I never had until I started gaining a lot more weight in the last few years. So I know its the extra weight doing it. I never thought I'd share that info with anybody but I figure maybe some people out there have the same problem. If you do, go to your dr and they can give you medication to apply to it to help.

I'm putting myself on a routine with exercise. I have to exercise in some sort EVERYDAY. If I don't do it everyday, then I won't do it at all. I know. I tried doing it 3 x's a week and then stopped. So I know its gotta be 7 days a week. That is what it took before when I was successful at losing weight and keeping it off for a while longer than I have now. lol. I even posted "skinny" pics of me on the fridge. Well thinner pictures of me I should say I've never been "Thin" except possibly when I was first born I was only 6 pounds. lol.

Anywho I have rambled on long enough lol.

Have a Great Day!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 04-04-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #12  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I think we' all had some PCOS reactions from others that were less than fun. :P

I have Collette Harris and the Jennie Brand-Miller if you mean either of that as "PCOS Diet?" What did you want to know? Basically it's all leaning toward whole foods/low GI type/diabetic diet. I still haven't found papers to clarify if PCOS causes insulin resistance or insulin resistance causes PCOS, but in practical terms it doesn't matter. Still have to address the insulin resistance problem. I've managed to ward of Type II for more than 10 years and I got taken off the Metformin because I improved to "if you didn't know you were a PCOS person, your labs are totally normal".

For me it is now about weight loss more than IR angle.

I'm trying to buckle down again to low GI calorie counting here after getting through crazy spring break. I'd tried out Diets 2 Go in that time to give me a break form the cooking, which was nice. But I make better food than frozen stuff so... I'm back to cooking for the family again.

I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow -- everyone can go back to school and work like NORMAL and then my own life can be normal. Thing with being a SAHM, when everyone else is on vacation, I'm not vacationing. I just get MORE WORK.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:49 PM   #13  
~Believe~

Hi Astrophe,

Thanks for the info. I am a type 2 diabetic already but have improved my numbers tremendously but still SLOW on the weightloss........Guess I'm impatient and its tough seeing friends/family who are "normal" who lose weight a lot faster than I do.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 194.5/194.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ladies! I hope everyone had a great weekend and a wonderful Easter.

Since we're on the topic of PCOS diet, I'm wondering about natural supplements. Does anyone take any, and what have your results been? I'd love to get some feedback before I go purchase anything.

Chat soon....
Dab52776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:41 AM   #15  
HE'S my motivation!

Hey Im with Dab. Anything that we can buy to take everyday to help with this??

Just a quick check in. I think I have the stomach flu. NOTHING stays down. :-( hope you all have a good night