Old 04-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #1  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

Talking Does it freak you out when you dont want that candy bar?

Since starting in march. My biggest battle was the binge-ing at work. And i really mean like 4 chocolate bars, a bag of chips, and some candy later... Of course i would feel sick, but that still did not stop me. But since working out and eating healthy i just realized something.... I have no want or need for it ever! Like the craving is gone.. Poof like magic! maybe my mind is messing with me.. but if it isn't.. this is huge for me! (i used to work at a c-store and now a video store there are goodies everywhere!) its been three weeks now.. and haven't even thought about it...

Has anyone else noticed things like this? This is amazing!!!
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #2  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Cravings are not just emotional or mental, they are physical. Eating sugar or other refined carbs will cause you to have cravings for more sugar and refined carbs; when you are not eating that stuff, the cravings will go away.

So, knowing that, it doesn't freak me out that I don't crave junk. Since quitting sugar 2 years ago, I simply haven't craved it like I once did. It's a beautiful freedom.

You will find that your tastes will change, too; things you used to think were just sort of sweet will now seem incredibly sweet, and stuff you didn't think was sweet at all will be sweet to you. For example: Milk, almonds, and spinach all seem sweet to me now.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:56 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6

While I haven't dropped the sugar as much as I would like, I have noticed the less I eat the less I want it. If I start my day off badly then it's harder the rest of the day. It is a little weird like you almost feel like you should want it but you don't. haha

Last edited by MutableParadox; 04-05-2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Monday is typo day.
MutableParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:00 PM   #4  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

it so true sometimes i feel as if the candy is sad im not eating it! lolol
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:08 PM   #5  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Its a great feeling to realize that healthy eating feels good both physically and mentally. I don't want to feel bad *and* complicate my weight loss goals.

As the saying goes, nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/208.6/165 (HW285)

Height: 6'

It doesn't freak me out, but it does suprise me sometimes when I see junk food that I used to eat mass quantities of, and I don't having any interest in eating it. Previously, I would have eaten it hungry or not (and way more than a serving) like it was calling out to me and I just had to eat it. I don't know if the food has stopped calling me or if I have just stopped listening. Either way, it makes eating healthier a lot easier.
mkyice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/238/175

Height: 5'9"

I put together the kids easter baskets and didn't have ANY candy. NOT ONE PIECE! I used to LOVE candy. Jelly beans and peeps were my fav. It is amazing the way these things are happening.
mmiller2829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

I quit eating sweets entirely almost ten years ago. It's the one thing I'm really, really good at: only exceptions were my birthday, Christmas and Thanksgiving.

I've still never, ever seen a candy bar and not wanted to eat it. Ever. But it's not an uncontrollable urge, a sort of humming in the back of my head that I can't quite ignore but I can chose not to pay attention to.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:33 PM   #9  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I'm with Warmaiden.

More low gi/whole foods means I'm don't crave sweets/simple carbs like I used to.

My tastebuds are more sensitive and can tastes sweetness in broccoli even. So stuff like cake now seems way too sweet.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Yup. This happened to me too. I used to binge on sugary sweets, and now, I don't think about it AT ALL. Right now, I have birthday cake, candy and cupcakes in my house and I don't even look at them... so weird as I used to have obsessive cravings. It makes me feel very relaxed and happy.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:11 AM   #11  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMaiden View Post
You will find that your tastes will change, too; things you used to think were just sort of sweet will now seem incredibly sweet, and stuff you didn't think was sweet at all will be sweet to you. For example: Milk, almonds, and spinach all seem sweet to me now.
I find carrots and onions to be quite sweet now. I made a curried cauliflower/carrot soup the other day and was surprised how sweet it tasted to me. And since I'm cutting back on salt, I can't balance it with salt the way I used to. I find it fascinating to see how my tastebuds have changed.

As to the candy bar thing, I am not surprised when I'm not interested in candy or cookies. But I still get that old "must. have. some." frisson when I walk through the bakery section and smell all the bread. Savory carbs rather than sweet carbs have always been my downfall.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:27 AM   #12  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I am not freaked out but grateful that I don't have cravings for candy bars any more. But I don't want these to be my famous last words, occasionally the candy bars still call my name when I am in line at the checkout. I have to remind myself that eating "just one" will lead to eating much more. It is easier to not eat the first one than to stop the craving for more after I get started.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I'm with Shmead--It's not uncontrollable, but I always want the candy bar! I just have to say no.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:42 AM   #14  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

That is great but not something I have found. Even though I am almost to my goal - I still crave sweets sometimes and breads. I just have learned to not give into them like I used to do.
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote