Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/242.8/175

Height: 5'5

Talking Final Four = pizza, chicken wings, and alchohol

What is a girl to do! I am on South Beach phase one. We are having friends over tonight. So of course I will be frying chicken wings and ordering pizza (as I promised my Hubby) and putting out the chips and salsa. As I prepare my mixed veggies in olive oil with my chicken breast..............

It takes will power and sacrifice. So cheer me on as I make it through this evening. Not to mention cycle is starting and how I would love a chocolate donut with my coffee with real cream.....

I will let you all know how it turns out!
tamaraceleste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #2  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

You can do it!!

Me and the hubby are going out on our first date in years tonight. I really want to hog down at the Mexican Restaurant...but don't want all my sweat to be for naught. Sodium KILLS me - and chips and salsa are a double threat for that.

mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #3  

Biggest thing I've started to do in these situations is to eat a bunch (or drink a protein shake) before the event starts. Then even if I have a few bad foods I won't be as hungry to "pig-out" all night. It's made a pretty big difference for me when I know I'm going to be in situations with almost no good choices. Don't ever walk into that situation starved.
randomcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #4  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I remember reading on the South Beach Diet website once that you tend to become a hermit on the SBD. I found this to be true. Even yesterday, we were invited to go to the all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet (which someone was dragging our daughter to (she didn't really have a choice and is ALSO trying to lose weight, a whole nother issue, church lady, her grandkid and my kid are friends, and my husband is the pastor--it's hard to lay down the rules!) Even though this lady knows I have been on a diet for TEN MONTHS and have lost 74 pounds (have gone from a 22W to a 12, it's very obvious to anyone that I've lost an incredible amount of weight) she called two nights in a row, "want to join us for pizza?" "want to join us for all you can eat chinese buffet?"

I told my husband to tell her, "we just don't eat that stuff any more, because it kills you." but he didn't. He went over there and had a piece of pizza with them by himself (he's naturally skinny) even though he was MAKING DINNER WHEN SHE CALLED.

Good for you for setting rules for yourself early, finding solutions for yourself early--it doesn't get any easier as you go! People are NOT always your allies, they decide "you've lost enough" or whatever, and offer you no options, or openly sabotage you.

Randomcards' suggestion is excellent...

Good luck!
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #5  

Thanks ladies. I am deep frying the wings as I type :-)
Old 04-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Deep fried food. YUMMY! Not on my plan anymore.

You CAN do this. Just ignore the stuff that won't get you to your goal.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:17 PM   #7  

My husband is so supportive of my program. I don't mind doing this. Even if I do eat a couple of wings I am not going to beat myself up, but just get up tomorrow and start a new day. The funny thing is I have not fried chicken since like 2001!
Old 04-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #8  
amazing

S/C/G: 214.5/185.2/115

Height: not quite 5'1"

GO DUUUUKE!

I opted out of a Final Four party tonight because I knew it would be too hard to watch there without beer in hand. I'm watching the game here with some friends who don't drink.
HokieLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #9  

Height: 6-1.5

I'm not a fan of diet soda (or pop in some parts of the country) but I would drink a gallon of it that night just to keep my mouth busy and my mind off the food.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #10  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I'm also on SB - so if I'm going to a party I'll usually bring my own SBD friendly snacks. I will also eat something before I head out of the house, I'm not as tempted to eat junk if I'm full.

And I do second that sometimes you become a hermit on SBD - if I'm on phase I, I will usually avoid outings and "nights out with the girls" because I am tempted to make bad food choices - especially because my friends aren't exactly the most supportive, and they'll say "what if you just have one?"

Unfortunately, that's the problem - I usually can't "just have one".

Good luck
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote