Old 04-04-2010, 01:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Unhappy Feeling frustrated and disappointed in myself.

Last week I dropped ten pounds in one week.
This week I am struggling not to gain.
I have literally been to the gym every day this week (alternating one day 60 mins of cardio, one day 30 mins cardio, 60 mins weight training) and I'm eating on plan, I haven't "cheated" once...I'm even drinking my 8-12 glasses of water as directed by my personal trainer..

So why aren't I losing? I have a LOT to lose, but its just not happening at all.

I'm not sleeping enough (because of work) and am stressed out (because of work) and I think that's effecting me too.
I'm also expecting my TOM like 3-4 days ago and I KNOW I'm not pregnant so that's stressing me out too.
I just want to eat my emotions 'til I feel better, but I'm too stubborn for that.

Blah. It's probably all related.

Ah well. Tomorrow is another day.
Thanks for listening.
JessicaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/255/180

Height: 5ft 10in

The stress will make it harder, and screw up your TOM. But as long as you are working at it, you will continue to lose the weight. It probably won't go as quickly as 10 lbs a week... Watch Celebrity Fit Club, their weight loss goals for a week are 3 or 4 lbs. And they have to fight to lose that. Just don't get discouraged. You are doing great. Congrats on the 10, though.
AstralPhysicist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 318/266/150

Height: 5'4"

Stress is counteractive to weight loss. Remember your priorities you first then everything and everyone else. Giving up so much of ourselves to other people contributes a lot to our unwanted weight gain. Remember to meditate deep breathe and put some things off until you can better handle them. Most bosses understand delays when they are prepped about them. Just my two coins. Good luck this week!
kay lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:10 AM   #4  

thank you.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:11 AM   #5  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

Go to sleep jessica dawn! lol !
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Whoa!! I am not at all surprised you aren't losing, but may I commend your effort? DO keep doing what you're doing but know that every time you increase the activity it's quite possible your body will hold onto weight for a while. You'll find me all over these boards complaining about stalls, usually just as I've increased the exercise. This last month I've been stalled having majorly increased the exercise but finally I just lost three pounds in the last two days. Weight loss is not linear and I have found it most certainly does not coincide with anything I do! LOL! That's not entirely true, but it certainly isn't immediate.

My best advice is to make sure you aren't doing anything you can't sustain. As long as you love doing that much exercise, great! Keep it up! The scale will follow suit eventually. It really will. But if you dread getting in the exercise, please back down without quitting all together. I personally have an all or nothing mentality, but it doesn't have to be like that. You don't have to train like an olympian to lose weight. Think of the diet as for your weight and the exercise for your health and I think you may find a happy medium.

Sleep is also a huge part of weight loss. If you aren't getting enough, your body is more likely to hold onto the pounds. Same with stress.

Weight loss seems to be 80% diet and 20% exercise.

Last edited by Eliana; 04-04-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:30 AM   #7  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Keep going - it will happen. You will see those results! 10 lbs is a BIG loss for one week and if you watch the biggest loser you will see sometimes it's a big week and sometimes it's a small one. Overall you still get to that same goal! Keep up the great work!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #8  
GoingTheDistance

S/C/G: 313/252/172

Height: 5'10"

I agree with the previous posts. Just stick with it and the weight will come off!

One thing that helps me is to only weigh myself monthly. Then I don't get discouraged by seeing the numbers fluctuate as much.
renstwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #9  

Thanks guys. I'm probably just stressing about it because I'm pmsing.
I KNOW it'll make a difference in the long run, it's just frustrating that I can't see instant results!

Eliana, thank you for your comments about the exercise. I too am all or nothing, but I DO quite enjoy the gym, so I'm just going to keep at it and hope for the best.

You never know, maybe i'll just end up being a fit long distance runner who happens to weigh as much as 2 or 3 of her competitors rofl.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #10  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

I've been working out really hard with my personal trainer, but struggling with my binge eating the past few months (emotional eating still ... always working on it... ****, i'm a work in progress)... anyway, I was really disappointed and although I see changes in my body that our super tiny.... I didn't think I had any changes at all. I went for a body composition test and I gained 8lbs of LEAN BODY MASS and lost 5% of my body fat. Mean while the damn scale is still giving me problems and not moving!

My point is just keep hanging in there. Keep exercising... keep working hard.

We are all gonna make it on our journey.... never turn back! <3 Cheers!!
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #11  
Watch Me Shrink!

S/C/G: 168/159/135

Height: 5'2

I could be your TOM. I feel the same way though. I'm used to losing weight fast, but seeing as I started my diet around the same time I started pms'ing, it's been soooooo slow!
SlimBy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #12  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaDawn View Post

Eliana, thank you for your comments about the exercise. I too am all or nothing, but I DO quite enjoy the gym, so I'm just going to keep at it and hope for the best.

You never know, maybe i'll just end up being a fit long distance runner who happens to weigh as much as 2 or 3 of her competitors rofl.
Yes, this sounds like me! LOL! I swear I am one of the most fit fat people ever. I've been here before. I go nuts with the exercise and get myself to a point where my health is really good. My BP improves, my HR decreases, and I can accomplish any daily task without too much effort. Walking distances up hill or down hill becomes no problem. All these things are great, but when the scale doesn't move, I get mad and quit. How dumb is that? I give up all the health benefits because of the scale?? And when you exercise like a nut, I've noticed weight loss is much slower, but that doesn't mean the body isn't changing. It just takes a great deal of patience if your eye is on the scale.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #13  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

YOU ARE DOING FANTASTIC..........don't FORGET THAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Stress is an ugly/stickey slippery slope. I think the word STRESS can be overused so much that we forget how SERIOUS it is and how it can really reich havock on your body.

KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING
- and that excercise (for me at least) is a good stress releaver. Are you also trying to go to bed earlier, I have been doing that over the last month (I started my new lifestyle March 1st) and made myself go to bed 5 min. earlier each day til I reached an hour of sleep I didn't get previously.

I have a very stressful job - so I know I needed to add more sleep in my life. Also I have learned from doctors, etc. that "mid-section" weight is/can also be a sign of stress. I did have a sleep study done as well - and found out a lot of GOOD INFORMATION.
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #14  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

You are doing awesome.

REPEAT AFTER ME.

I AM DOING AWESOME.

I can only control what I DO not what HAPPENS.

and repeat that ten times... a minute.

*hugs*
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote