South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default please help me find bread

I live in a rural area...we have a Walmart supercenter and a Hannafords grocery store. Neither store carries the Pepperidge Farms breads I have seen recommended here. The only phase 2 friendly bread I have found is Arnolds Healthy Grains whole wheat Double Fiber bread. It has 6g fiber, 4g protein, 2g sugar & 21g carb. I even went to the health food store and looked at ezekiel bread and manna bread...both have only 3 grams fiber per slice!

any ideas what other kinds of breads I can look for in my travels?
valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:45 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'd go for the Healthy Grains whole wheat Double Fiber bread. I'm in a very rural area and know what you are dealing with. At least you have a Wal-Mart. Mine is a 30 minute drive. Ezekiel bread is fine too.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:52 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I stick with the Ezekial breads; hot dog buns, hamburger buns, english muffins and tortillas because they are made with sprouted grains instead of refined flour.

The main thing is that you have to work with what you can find in your area.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:01 PM   #4  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

When we were living "in the boonies" as well, we gave up on finding decent bread and bought a bread maker ($15 at Goodwill). It has been amazing!

That being said, we mostly only made French bread for my husband. I have researched good multigrain bread recipes and would love to try them someday 'cause then I can control everything that goes into it. I'm actually a little afraid to do it - I can't control myself around bread very well

Also, whole wheat pita is a staple of mine and that should be pretty easy to make but I haven't tried that yet either.

For now, I get the Double Fiber bread and keep it in the freezer so it's not so easy to grab...
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:16 PM   #5  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/20...eat-bread.html

The above is a bread recipe I would like to try sometime. and here is another one.

http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/20...flatbread.html

I believe both of these are SBD legal.

Tammie
tammies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:08 PM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

In Ph2, you can have sourdough as well. When I can't find anything that is WHOLE WHEAT (check the ingredients), that is what I will buy.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #7  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
I'd go for the Healthy Grains whole wheat Double Fiber bread. I'm in a very rural area and know what you are dealing with. At least you have a Wal-Mart. Mine is a 30 minute drive. Ezekiel bread is fine too.
yes, i'm already using the double fiber bread...its good, I was just looking to change it up a bit. and my walmart is also a half hour drive! I wouldnt trade rural life for anything...but there are times when I wish I lived closer to a big city with more choices as far as shopping and entertainment!

thanks for the replies ladies!

btw..I thought ezekiel bread had only 3 grams of fiber? arent we supposed to choose bread with 5 grams or higher?

Last edited by valley; 04-02-2010 at 06:27 PM.
valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:34 AM   #8  
Motivated for Success!!

Height: 5'7"

If you have "Oroweat" bread, try the whole wheat double fiber. It tastes EXCELLENT and has 16g carbs and 10g fiber per slice! I find mine at Costco, but I would think and grocery would have it...

Last edited by KellyEnix; 04-03-2010 at 05:35 AM.
KellyEnix is offline   Reply With Quote