Old 04-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #1  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Default IP Alternative Phase I, April 2010

Welcome to the April thread. We are a group that has lost weight using IP Phase I and have explored and successfully used alternate methods/products while staying within the IP guidelines. Most of us started together in October, 2010 and have been through a lot together (the Holidays were hard, y'all.)

We welcome all posters, newbies, opinions, ideas, tips and support.
Lilita175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #2  

So fresh month, fresh start. I am doing a "20 pounds by June 1st" challenge with 2 other persons and anyone is welcome to join.

I have been maintaining (or should we say "stalled") since January and am ready to shed the last 20 pounds and be done with it.

I have been doing strict IP Phase I for 2 days now and have lost 2 pounds. Gotta love this diet!

Since this is the "alternate" thread, I will share that I use Isopure Protein Powder to make some of my shakes and I use eggs or lean meat when I don't feel like having an IP package.

That being said, I think the IP puddings have "something" in them that keeps me very satisfied for several hours.

Here's to a great April for all. No foolin'.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #3  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
So fresh month, fresh start. I am doing a "20 pounds by June 1st" challenge with 2 other persons and anyone is welcome to join.
Here's to a great April for all. No foolin'.
Lilita: Would like to join your challenge! As written earlier, I will be off IP but reasonable for the next 3 days... but after that, back to strict phase I! I have been stuck at 151-152# for the lasts 2 weeks and desperatly need the break to free my mind. I but I know I will get back on track and lose the 20some stubborn pounds and this challenge might be the best thing to get me going!
SylvieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:50 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
Lilita: Would like to join your challenge! As written earlier, I will be off IP but reasonable for the next 3 days... but after that, back to strict phase I! I have been stuck at 151-152# for the lasts 2 weeks and desperatly need the break to free my mind. I but I know I will get back on track and lose the 20some stubborn pounds and this challenge might be the best thing to get me going!
You're on, Sylvie! I want to break the 180's and be in the 170's. I was 178 for one day last January and I think it freaked me out! Must be an emotional barrier.

Sometimes a "break" from dieting will help Phase I work better. Have a great weekend. R U the one that had a fight with hubby? I get moody sometimes, too, but my DBF seems to understand. What a great guy.

Here's to busting barriers, busting myths, busting plateaus and busting through that finish line once and for all!
Happy Easter!
Old 04-01-2010, 01:14 PM   #5  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
You're on, Sylvie! Sometimes a "break" from dieting will help Phase I work better. Have a great weekend. R U the one that had a fight with hubby? I get moody sometimes, too, but my DBF seems to understand. What a great guy.

Here's to busting barriers, busting myths, busting plateaus and busting through that finish line once and for all!
Happy Easter!
Thank you Lilita!
Yes, I was the one who fought over the laundry basket! We patched thing up with a Tim Horton coffee (decaf with splenda for me - moka with whipped cream and a cinnamon bun for him!!)...

Here's to busting boundaries (real or those in our minds)! Happy Easter to all!!
Sylvie
SylvieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #6  

Hey Lilita - 20 lbs down by June 1 fits in to my "diet timeline" and I could use the challenge to stay motivated...mind if I join even if I'm still on IP full time?
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:54 PM   #7  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

I think i would like to join this challenge as well! have a few hiccups in the time frame, as usual. but it may be what i need to keep going as well. we are headed to montreal to see the habs next week and then out to the dominican for a wedding on april 11th....so that week will be a complete mess. either way i want to be sure to stay smart when we return, and a friendly little competition may be just what i need. i have slowly, ever so slowly, crept out of the 180's , somehow got thru the 170's and am now stuck at 165-167 depending what day of the week it is, it seems. and i have been doing this on my own. i have not been going to see my coach, because i no longer feel i need the added pressure to lose weight every single week like i did initially on the diet. what i want to see is a few "extra selections" and MAINTENANCE.....if i go down slowly, that is niether here nor there to me nowadays. because i am not spending the same $ on the products as i once was. i am totally doing my own thing with IP now, and decide if and when i need the packets. still not eating carbs, but am enjoying more of the restricted veggies, had the odd juice, certainly drink diet pop on occasion as well. it kind of bothered me that when i went to purchase products, i felt the third degree about making an appt. i declined. last 2 times i went, my coach was not there, and i had this girl who could not even reset the scale....but i got the impression that if i was not doing it "their way" that they preferred me not to buy the products. little too much for me, being that i dropped at least a few thousand in their business on IP alone. so i bought a months supply, that will last much longer as i never use 3 packets a day anymore. and by the end of that, hopefully no more is needed. so yes lilita, when i come back i am going to try and participate in your challenge. great idea!
Sandrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #8  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

CinnSparkles
Did you notice on Phase3 that you are more sluggish. I do really well in the morning have tons of energy but by 12:30 i could totally take a nap. That is even after I have lunch. so I had my carbs,protein,fruit and fat for breakfast and had grilled shrimp and celery for luck but I feel exhausted. It started on Tues when I started Phase 3.
mepeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, I did notice that I was more tired. But I'm not sleeping well either due to chronic pain, so I thought it was that. But maybe it was Phase 3!!! For the past few days, I have made sure I got enough salt (measured it out which I hadn't done at all before then) and I took an extra Omega-3. Your brain needs some fat to function, so... I don't know, I thought it would help. Someone on the weekly thread suggested it. My energy did get better the past 3 days. Maybe try that? Also I drink decaf coffee which I think has a placebo effect on me. My body thinks it's getting real coffee (oh how I love coffee) and I feel better, at least temporarily. Speaking of that, I'm going to go make some now!

I didn't get tired before lunch though. I got tired in the afternoon from 3-6pm.
CinnamonSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
I think the IP puddings have "something" in them that keeps me very satisfied for several hours.
The soups are very filling too. I wonder if it is merely the difference between soy protein isolate and whey protein isolate. My understanding is that whey protein is metabolized very quickly.
Birman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey Lilita - 20 lbs down by June 1 fits in to my "diet timeline" and I could use the challenge to stay motivated...mind if I join even if I'm still on IP full time?
Of course you can join, Jordanna! I have been following your progress and you are someone that has motivated me so much to "get back on it." I will post my success below.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrab View Post
I think i would like to join this challenge as well! have a few hiccups in the time frame, as usual. but it may be what i need to keep going as well. we are headed to montreal to see the habs next week and then out to the dominican for a wedding on april 11th....so that week will be a complete mess. either way i want to be sure to stay smart when we return, and a friendly little competition may be just what i need. i have slowly, ever so slowly, crept out of the 180's , somehow got thru the 170's and am now stuck at 165-167 depending what day of the week it is, it seems. and i have been doing this on my own. i have not been going to see my coach, because i no longer feel i need the added pressure to lose weight every single week like i did initially on the diet. what i want to see is a few "extra selections" and MAINTENANCE.....if i go down slowly, that is niether here nor there to me nowadays. because i am not spending the same $ on the products as i once was. i am totally doing my own thing with IP now, and decide if and when i need the packets. still not eating carbs, but am enjoying more of the restricted veggies, had the odd juice, certainly drink diet pop on occasion as well. it kind of bothered me that when i went to purchase products, i felt the third degree about making an appt. i declined. last 2 times i went, my coach was not there, and i had this girl who could not even reset the scale....but i got the impression that if i was not doing it "their way" that they preferred me not to buy the products. little too much for me, being that i dropped at least a few thousand in their business on IP alone. so i bought a months supply, that will last much longer as i never use 3 packets a day anymore. and by the end of that, hopefully no more is needed. so yes lilita, when i come back i am going to try and participate in your challenge. great idea!

Welcome to the Challenge, Sandra. That makes 6 of us. I am going to ask for help keeping track. See post below.

I have a long-distance coach and pretty much "coach" myself with the immense help and support I have received on this forum.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #13  

Default Lost weight and need help.

Good Morning! It's SNOWING here in northern eastern California!

Great news: I lost 5 pounds since Monday (5 days ago.)

I re-started strict Phase I IP and I am losing 1 pound per day, just like I did back in October when I did it the first time.

Yay!!!!!

But I need help with keeping track of the 20-pound challenge group.
I need someone to create a simple chart and post it on their blog (Jordanna?) or start a new thread. Suggestions welcome. So far in the challenge we have: Lilita175, toomanycats, Evita (my sis), SylvieG, Jordanna and SandraB.

We can do it!

Right now I have to get ready for work (12 hour shift) and will check in again in the morning.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 04-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #14  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I'm doing phase 3 and other than a visit with family (and some really, really delicious food) have been eating sensibly. Haven't had an official weigh in but think I'm still o.k. I find phase 3 pretty straightforward - protein, carb, fat, fruit. Only challenge in the a.m. is the protein - eggs and meat aren't my thing every morning. I have bought some president's choice vanilla whey protein isolate and mix that into a smoothie or into my oatmeal and milk. works. Having fruit has been a real treat - who knew that taking a break from fruit would make me appreciate it so much more.

Went to the city clothes shopping - it was so much fun to try things on and actually have them fit - i might turn into a clothes horse!

Happy Easter Chicks!!

Last edited by Mom22; 04-02-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Mom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #15  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Good Morning! It's SNOWING here in northern eastern California!

Great news: I lost 5 pounds since Monday (5 days ago.)

I re-started strict Phase I IP and I am losing 1 pound per day, just like I did back in October when I did it the first time.

Yay!!!!!

But I need help with keeping track of the 20-pound challenge group.
I need someone to create a simple chart and post it on their blog (Jordanna?) or start a new thread. Suggestions welcome. So far in the challenge we have: Lilita175, toomanycats, Evita (my sis), SylvieG, Jordanna and SandraB.

We can do it!

Right now I have to get ready for work (12 hour shift) and will check in again in the morning.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Way to go Chicks!! Love the challenge and hope you stay on this board so I can see how you're all doing without having to go to another spot to snoop in on you all - please don't start another thread
Mom22 is offline   Reply With Quote