View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 12:04 AM   #113
StacyLee

S/C/G: 296/269/160

Height: 5'10"

It's been awhile since I posted....I never quit JC but I have had some struggles.

I am FINALLY back on the right path. My counselor could tell I was losing ground and motivation and one evening I went in for my appointment and it was like an intervention *lol* I saw a different counselor that really kicked me in the rear, all in a good way, and got me refocused.

The thing she mentioned that really stuck with me is "YOU have to find what motivates YOU." My answer is I want to feel good about myself -- that has been my mantra since that appointment. She also encouraged me to start a food journal -- write down everything. When I journal all my food I am much more successful at the scale -- and it is not that I am sticking 100% on plan but that I can SEE if I have had too much and then cut back to balance the calories.

I am soon to be 45 and wish I was closer to goal weight -- it's has been 13 months and I have lost 27 lbs. with at least another 100 lbs. to go -- the good news I feel GREAT about the loss and confident I will not be gaining it back. I have bounced between 280 and 270 for months but tonight when I weighed in at 269 I knew in my heart I am done with the 270s.

This is such a difficult journey for me. I need to come here more often for the inspiration that permeates this board.