South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 01:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Tangy Tuesday!

Hey everyone! Just another day on the Beach!
Old 03-30-2010, 05:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Okie!! How's the beach going for you? Is your computer feeling better?!!?

Another day, another dollar. (oh, shoot...what was I going to make for supper tonight? I've got to make that this morning...black bean chili!) So, apparently I have to throw together supper in the crock pot for tonight. I made a big pot of black beans, and am looking forward to my black bean salad when the weather warms up!

Need more coffee, then off to the treadmill.

Have a great day!
Old 03-30-2010, 05:47 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Hey Okie!
It's great to see you starting the daily thread again! How are you doing?

Good morning Twynn - I love that you use your treadmill first thing in the morning. I used to when Fergie was still working and it was a great way to start my day. My treadmill is REALLY loud and it's right underneath the bedroom and since he retired Fergie doesn't get up til just before I leave. It would be a dirty trick to hop on when he's still snoozing!

It's still raining here, I can hear it pounding on the roof. It's cozy inside so I'm trying to pretend I won't have to go out into that mess soon... On a brighter note, I'm down a pound this morning. I'm still not going to make my 'big' goal, but at least I've met my 5 lbs in March. I didn't expect to make that one either.

Hey Sophie - thanks for the offer to send your son to my classroom. How is he at mediation? I've got some awesome builders with great imaginations but they're all very stingy. No matter how many Lego sets I buy there are never enough wheels to go around.

Enjoy your Tuesday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 03-30-2010 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Twynne "sneaked" in while I was posting. ;)
Old 03-30-2010, 05:57 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Good to see you, Okie, I'm wondering how you're doing, too.
Twynn, happy running!
Heidi, I'm glad you made your goal for March.

Me, coffee brewing, I'll take Bing out then go back to bed. Pool and skiing later. It looks to be a beautiful day here!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-30-2010, 06:00 AM   #5  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
Pool and skiing later. It looks to be a beautiful day here!
*sighs longingly*

Good morning Debbie! Enjoy your day!
Old 03-30-2010, 06:02 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning early Risers

Okie - Good to see you again! How are things with you?

Twynn- I admire your morning motivation. Black bean chili sounds good. Maybe have to think about that for tomorrow. Looks like salad weather by the end of the week

Heidi - Why don't they sell sets of just the important pieces, like wheels?! I'm always telling new child care folks that it's better to have 5 of the same toy than 5 different toys, especially with toddlers.

Another rainy day here too. Don't tell Jenn but last night I was looking at rain boots. I think it might be a good year for them I keep reminding myself that once the sun comes out everything is going to go crazy green and the rain will be worth it.

I think it's going to be a big coffee day. Woke up at 4 and could not get back to sleep. Yesterday went off in several unplanned directions and I didn't get much done, at least not much I'd planned to do. Hope today is more productive because I won't be back in the office until Friday. It is my favorite day of the month though because it ends with a massage.

For now another cup of coffee seems like a great idea

ETA - Good morning Debbie! Enjoy that lovely weather then send a little our way please Sounds like a fun day ahead

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-30-2010 at 06:04 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:15 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
ETA - Good morning Debbie! Enjoy that lovely weather then send a little our way please Sounds like a fun day ahead
Good morning, Cyndi. I think the weather is headed your direction. Give it a day or two.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:16 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Cyndi, I picked up a pair of rainboots this winter/spring too. We've had so much rain (and mud) this year that between playground duty and dog walking I got sick of dodging puddles. I got mine from Bean's. Pretty flashy, eh?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:21 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Heidi - I love them! A coworker has a pair of the Bean boots and loves them in wet weather but says they are a bit uncomfortable around the trim. It occurred to me that they would be really nice to have for some of the places we bird. I've ruined too many shoes in mucky spots.
Speaking of spring birding, we are about to make reservations for the Wells area the week before Memorial Day. I know it's a work week for you but maybe we can figure out something?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! Wow, we seem to be getting started earlier and earlier these days.

Today should be our last rainy day before the good stuff moves in. I have a load of laundry going right now, and want to clean the kitchen and bathroom this morning before going to the library to look for both the Beck and the Sisson books. I may wander over to Barnes & Noble to browse around, too. I love to sit in the coffee lounge there with a cappuccino and a stack of books to skim through.

Okie, what's going on in your life these days?

Twynn, you're making me hungry for black beans!

Heidi, I'm glad the scale is starting to move for you again. Congratulations!

Debbie, have fun on the slopes! I guess the ski season will ending very soon.

Cyndi, did you end up getting any rain boots? (I'm picturing pastel, splashed with flowers) Cindy gave me a great pair of muck boots several years ago, and I love them for tromping around the garden on muddy days. Here's to a productive day at the office!
Old 03-30-2010, 06:33 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! I started the 'change 5 things challenge' but I still haven't decided on my five things. I have my second session with my CBT today. I hope to come away with some action items. AF is hovering around...wish she would get here already. I have a planned cheat tonight at a Passover seder, but will post honestly about it on the daily thread.

CyndiM, I broke down and bought rain boots myself this year. Where I live, people are very into 'WASP' style. Some of them are wasps, most are just wannabees. What this means is that everyone is wearing Hunter brand wellington boots. Imagine how crazy people look wearing gardening boots on the streets of Brooklyn! Anyway, I do like the way Hunters look but there is no way I was going to pay upwards of $100 for rain boots. Through some farm catalogue I found a pair of Argyl boots, which are made by Hunter, but specifically for farmers, and they were about $30 on close out. So those are my boots.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:34 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Did anyone see the full moon last night? It was just gorgeous although it was darned cold out on the deck.

Thanks for starting us up, Opie, and am glad you are still Beaching.
Twynn, pass me some of that black-bean chili. I have a nearly bare fridge and my freezer stash is "seldom".

Heidi, I'm sure Fergie appreciates your NOT treading the mill in the mornings. I didn't realize your DH was retired.

CyndiM, now you've got me Jonesing for a raincoat and boots. Time to make a fashion statement. Of course, around here, a belt and braces is a fashion statement as are safari suits.

Back to bed, Debbie, after walking Bing, of course.

Cottage, sorry about the rain on your vacation. Sounds like you Are enjoying yourself though. Is Jake all recovered?

My yesterday really fell apart - phone calls and drop-in folk so I need to crank it up today to get things done. Pet therapy at the nursing home this afternoon. I hope the old dears don't have fatal heart attacks when they see my wee Jazz. He looks like a completely different dog with the haircut. I must take a picture.

Right now I need breakfast and to throw another load of laundry in the dryer. I just may put the phone on call-answer because all the phone calls yesterday really buggered up my day. I'm out all day Wednesday so...

Have a great Tuesday.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:36 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Mmck. I must have ten pair of Wellies out in the barn, all black, some with leaks and some formerly mouse homes. I guess it's time to pitch them all and see if I can get a good fit at the Feed Store.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good early morning again Okie!

Twynn - Sounds yummy. I much prefer "cooking" in the morning and just having things ready later in the day. My crockpot will be filled with my breakfast beans soon.

Heidi - 5 pounds is great! And the best part is that you have really changed your life... and influenced others while doing it

Debbie - Skiing... not sure I will ever be doing that again! Have fun.

Cyndi - A massage would make it a great day for me too!

Cottage - I love book stores. I used to go see what all the new books were and then come home and reserve them at the library. But I am reading so much less now... it triggers snacking for me.

Mmc - I had a matzo ball in my soup and it was fabulous! But then my brother forced a meringue on me and I ate it. Long story behind why he did that and why I went along. But I knew it was very low-cal, at least. I did NOT eat any of my mom's famous brownies.

Ruth - My husband kept talking about that moon our whole drive home last night!

I have my shoulder MRI today. (I think... they called yesterday and I missed it and hope it was just to confirm.) I will let you know results when I get them, probably later in the week. DS2 is running in the JV meet later.

And a moment of maternal crowing: DS1 is featured on his college's website page for accepted HS seniors. It shows 4 students with a blurb about each and a place to send them a question. He really has come into his own
Old 03-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Cottage, bookstore and library sound great!

Mmc, I haven't decided on 5 items either. Enjoy your seder tonight.

Ruth, I'm imagining Jazz without much hair! The moon was beautiful last night!

Karen, keeping my fingers crossed on your MRI. Thanks for sharing your maternal crowing about DS1.

Heidi, love your boots! I think they must look very cute on you. In Alaska, you aren't cool unless you have XTRATUFF with steel toes. They are very expensive!
Closed Thread