Old 03-29-2010, 10:00 PM   #1  

Height: 5'10"

Default Water Question, I'm so Clueless!

Hey guys! I know I know, last week it was sodium, now it's something else! I'm not very knowledgeable on some of these things. Anywho, gotta weigh in tomorrow night and I have a question about water. I felt so nice and skinny over the weekend, ankles were skinny, no water retention. Then I woke up this morning feeling fat and puffy! Erg!! So I drank tons of water today and will no doubt be up all night running to the potty. So, will it help or hinder tomorrow if I drink tons of water again when I have to weigh in about 6:30 pm? I don't know how long it stays around, if you know what I mean. I hope I'm making sense. Should I just drink some tea in the morning to get things moving and go light on the water or should I drink it like normal? Should I try to get it all in fairly early in the day so it will flush out before weigh-in or does it matter at all? Thanks in advance for your help!!
jewelrymaker81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:29 PM   #2  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I would probably just drink my normal amount; especially since your weigh in isn't until early evening.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far and good luck tomorrow! Let us know how it goes.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:40 PM   #3  

Thanks Tai! I'll be sure to post-as long as the numbers go down! haha I was up 2 lbs. last week, so I've really been trying hard this week so it should be a good weigh-in. I emailed this question to my mom as well and she suggested getting in as much as I can and then cutting off around like noon or so. We'll see how it goes.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:45 AM   #4  
Call me Finki =)

S/C/G: 400/300/155

Height: 5'6"

I am with Tai, if you weigh the same day or time every week, just continue to drink your normal amount. You will actually hold onto more water weight if you get dehydrated so just do what is normal for you. If you feel like you have a FULL bladder at weigh in, by all means, go pee. Lol. Other than that, you will do fine and be great I am sure. Keep us updated.
Gelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:55 AM   #5  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

Even if you manage to trick the scale this week, next week you'll have less of a loss. It sounds like you retain water easily, in which case, the scale will probably bounce around for you more than for other people. Try not to get discouraged if it doesn't shift in sync with how hard you worked, and know that you will whoosh down at some point in the future.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

Remember, weigh-ins indicate progress, but they don't actually mean anything in and of themselves. Getting wound up about the weekly weigh in can be counterproductive, as you are putting all this emotion onto one highly inaccurate piece of data.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I would just do as you normally would. A little more or less water really won't make a difference. You are looking for a downward trend and if the scale is up some due to the water today, it will work itself out next week. It's so easy to drive yourself crazy with the details.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:47 PM   #8  

Thanks for the feedback guys! Unfortunately, I have to wait another day because it's going to be so nice tomorrow that we're going to wait and have our meeting outside and walk. Which will be nice, but I'm ready to weigh and get it over with! Oh well. Now I have another day to get this water gone!