South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 06:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Chick-Chat

This last Monday of March is a very soggy one. I think it may be getting in gear for April and the showers it will bring, although we're getting more of a deluge right now!

Coffee's on and it's hot and fragrant.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:17 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Looks like we have three days of rain to start the week here. I'm happy because I get to wear my new raincoat. Gotta make the most of it It is wicked cute.

Cottage - What's on tap for your second vacation week?

My week is a little weird again. Two days in the office, Wed. off so I can get a spine injection, Thursday meeting up north and Friday is in the office right now but I will probably change that and add visits. I'm already counting down to a sunny, warm weekend and, hopefully, a trip to the coast.

For now though it's a good time to sip a cup of coffee and chat before diving into the week.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:26 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I'm tippy toeing into my week which is a fairly busy one. The coffee is great, Cottage. I wish we three could be sharing it IRL.

Felt kind of crappy yesterday - tummy upset from Heather's dinner? - but all seems well this morning. The dogs are a bit sad and soggy because we have three days of rain already started. The forecast for Easter weekend is sunshine and temps in the 60's. That should bring things along.

Did not get any quilting done yesterday so that will be first on today's schedule AFTER gym. I think I'll do that chicken stew for Thursday's Seder dinner and freeze it ready to go Thursday morning. Hmmm - I wonder if it'd keep in the fridge until then.

Happy last Monday in March. It was pretty good month.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:29 AM   #4  

Morning, Cyndi! We're in for a few days of rain to start the week, too, but it's supposed to be sunny and get up to the 80s by the end of the week!
I don't have anything at all planned for the week. We were going to go up to Bar Harbor, but Monica's sub had to cancel and since it's Holy Week, she can't find anyone else to fill in for her. She's a church secretary, so somebody has to be there this week. I've thought of treating myself to a couple of days at a bed and breakfast in Cape May, but I'm not sure if I want to go by myself. I wish one of you could join me!
Old 03-29-2010, 06:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Cottage - thanks for starting us up. I WISH I could go with you!! I too am looking forward to that fabulous weather at the end of the week (the warm up starts Wed!).

Cyndi - Pics of the coat?!??!

Ruth - Glad you're feeling better today.

Me - just got off the treadmill. Didn't go far, but went faster than normal. I keep debating if I should sign up for the half marathon (there's one at Presque Isle in Sept), I think I'm waiting to make sure I do okay at longer lengths...I haven't worked up too much yet.

Made some ham and cabbage stew last night (not much ham, but lots of everything else!) that I'm looking forward to today. Work looked slow, but if that's still true, then I have time to get DS's birthday presents (it's thursday...) and play easter bunny. And order a cabinet for the new bathroom!!

Have a great day!

Last edited by TwynnB; 03-29-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:39 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! We have a wet and rainy couple of days on tap here in Brooklyn too. But, the weekend is supposed to be fabulous. My son is off school so I am taking Wednesday off to be with him and then Thursday afternoon we'll head up to my parent's house. School is also closed where I work so there will be no students around and hopefully an opportunity to catch up on some 'housekeeping' there and whittle down the pile of papers on my desk. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-29-2010, 06:43 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Good morning! It's snowing here - I woke up to to the sound of snow sliding off the roof and thumping on to the ground. lol I haven't heard that much this winter. It will be rain by mid morning though so no worries about shoveling.

I took too long in the shower this morning but it sure felt good. I've got to meet the buses this morning though so I need to think about heading out the door NOW. Enjoy your wet Monday friends!
Old 03-29-2010, 06:44 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone...sounds like we are all excited about some nice weather later in the week. It's very soggy here- we had lots of rain last night! The scale moved a little again for me this AM!!! Yesterday was spent planning a trip in June to Florida when we are all out of school! This year it will be a road trip (to save $$$) and we will stay in Orlando. No Disney this time but we will be going to Sea World and the Sea World water park. This is a big surprise to me b/c I thought all that was planned was a quick beach trip this summer. The boys are super excited and I am too. We've never had long road trip like this or been to Sea World or even had our car in Orlando so I think it will be quite an adventure!
Hope everyone has a great start the their week!
Old 03-29-2010, 07:06 AM   #9  

Ruth, I'm glad you're feeling better today. You must have shared the same bug that Jake had all weekend.

Twynn, I'd bet you'd do well in a marathon, and September is far enough away for you to train for it.

Heidi, I hope your snow does turn to rain to make it easier to get around. Have a good day at school today. Do you have a full week of school this week?

Mmc, your plans for the week sound nice.

Lisa, your vacation plans to Florida sound exciting! That will give you all something to look forward to!

Ugh. Now that I can see outside, it looks downright nasty out there. I'm going to get my Wii workout out of the way first thing, then get some bills paid and tidy up the house this morning. I'm thinking of spending the afternoon at the library, or else at Barnes & Noble. That sounds like a pleasant way to while away the afternoon.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:30 AM   #10  

Good morning, all! Day 1, P1 for me. Already at work, and I've had 2 cups of water. About to dig into my greek yogurt for the first time ever... I've heard good things about it, though. I'll be back this evening to report on how my day went.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:32 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Linda. I hope your rain waters something that's wanting to grow!

Cyndi, new raincoat?? Details??

Ruth, get some quilting in while you can!

Twynn, I think you should sign up! Ham and cabbage stew sounds excellent!

Mmc, enjoy your day at home!

Heidi, Gosh! Snow! You were right!

Lisa, your June vaca sounds great! Congrats on your scale movement.

Me, trying to make the best of an unpleasant situation. Thanks for all the kind words. I'm trying to take care of myself. DD hasn't budged-said she isn't receiving my emails ??? So no answers for us. This morning is yoga at the pool. I'm working on Butterfly sugar cookies for Easter brunch at church (not SBD). They're pretty good sized-I get 11 per batch. I suppose I'm going to make 100. The theme this year has been the caterpillers turning into butterflies at Easter. It gives me something to do. No rain here.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 03-29-2010, 07:45 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Last Monday of March! How time flies.

My scale has creeped up again and I worry that it is from being less active with this darn shoulder. Or maybe I need to start counting those Triscuits more carefully again!

We are already getting that nice weather the rest of you are waiting for... so I will try to gt some walks in for the extra little calorie burn.

Happy Passover to anyone who celebrates it
Old 03-29-2010, 09:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Height: 5'6

Morning everyone! Its rainy here too... but thats okay, I always sleep better when it rains and boy did I need sleep. Hopefully today is going to mark the end of all the stress I've been feeling lately. I'm going to be handing in a lot of projects/papers between today and tomorrow which hopefully means I'll be able to coast through the rest of the week. I'm excited this morning though, because I'm going to the Rare Book Room for the first time. Looking for some of Sylvia Plath's poetry drafts for my paper.

Hope everyone stays dry!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:25 AM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning ladies -

Rain here too. Pouring down and I feel a great bough with allergies coming on.

Debbie! and to everyone who needs one today.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:30 AM   #15  
Be happy.

Hello again.

We've got a very noisy inside recess going on right now - the kids WANT to be outside in the messy snow/rain mix. lol It looks fluffy and fun from the window but they'd be soaked in a couple of minutes. Today is the first day of our dinosaur unit so the new books, toys, centers and posters I put out over the weekend are keeping them busy and happy.

We do have a full week of school Linda. I was very surprised my first year teaching here when I saw that we had school on Good Friday. I guess it's just what people are used to though, it doesn't seem to bother the community.

Karen - enjoy your walk! I'm terrible about crackers... I have to count them out and leave the box in the kitchen because I can never believe I've REALLY eaten a full serving.

Debbie, the butterfly cookies sound pretty - but also sound like a lot of work! I'd love to see a picture....

Texasmama, what do you think of the greek yogurt? My DH likes it but I haven't been able to get used it.

to the rest of you. I'm needed at the legos.
Closed Thread