Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 12:42 PM   #1  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Talking Snow Goddesses :)

Hi remember me??

Well, I did this in the summer time, to see what kinds of summer beauty tips everyone had, and what they're using... figured I'd do it again, since most people switch up for winter, and to get everybodies mind off of the pounds for a few...so, I'll get it started again...

OK, body wise... gotta lotta body, a lotta skin, gotta keep it feeling like a lotta silk I discovered plus bella products, (like that it's got plus in the brand name ) a wash come true shower cream and oohla-loofah... I use the loofah scrub on my pilates days... hehe and switch between the shower cream and healing garden gingerlilly theraphy body wash on the bike days (got a recumbent bike as a late Christmas present)

I use whatever lotion I come across, all of the ones I have are super moisturizing...tough spots like elbows and heels get a coating of shea butter at bedtime... and gingerlilly body spray, nice light spicy, flowery warm scent... just what I need to get me through my dreary winter days...

Hair: very simple, I use a gentle shampoo, Hair repair conditioner, and since I've let my hair go natural, I use a home blended pomade, that I make from Shea Butter, Coconut oil, and essential oils... and a little dab does me. If I have tangles, I use the baby's bedhead spray.

Makeup: Very little, all my primping is so I can feel confident not wearing much makeup, I switched to a deeper shade of lip pencil/gloss, and wear mostly just eyeliner with it... sometimes I'll do shadow, when going out, but not usually day to day.

Face care: herbal facial cleanser daily, and a light hydroxy lotion, also on my pilates days... and I've always got some lip balm happening... keep my pucker from scaling up...gah!

Ok, so, what are you gals doing??
Old 01-23-2003, 01:25 PM   #2  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

PNG!!!! I MISSED YOU!!!!

I've just discovered Oil of Olay (Oil of Old Lady as we called it as kids) Complete. It has an SPF 15 that I love for those spur of the moment walks at lunch (heck I know, I live in CA and it's 70 today). I always forget to put on sunscreen and although this doesn't have nearly enough, at least it's a little.

I've been using a great homemade soap from the little shop around the corner. It smells divine, so mosturizing, and it's supporting my community.

I need a good dark lipstick. A rich brown with a tiny bit of red. Any suggestions?
Old 01-23-2003, 02:13 PM   #3  

Ummm I'm gonna look like a ad for Bath & Body Works(BBW).

Shampoo and Conditioner - Bio - from BBW for permed and color treated hair. Put Revitalizing oil on after shower also from BBW. Usually just clip on top of my head and let air dry.

Face Cleanser - Daily Scrub from BBW. I do moisturize with Dramatically Different lotion from Clinque.

Skin Cleansing - Warm Vanilla Sugar shower foam from BBW.

Lotion - mainly Warm Vanilla Sugar from BBW but i do also use other scents but all are from BBW.

Lip Balm - Vanilla Sugar or Sparkling Melon from BBW

Makeup - assortment of items from BBW.

As everyone can see my sister is a manager for BBW and gets 40% off her purchases, she sends me a "care package" every couple of months but even before she did I always used my BBW
Old 01-23-2003, 02:13 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I recently moved from San Diego to Denver and the dry weather has been driving me batty. I read an article in a magazine that said try to find a body lotion with glycerin as a main ingredient to retain your moisture. I re-discovered Biotherm's Anti-Drying Body milk the other day at a department store and glycerin is the second ingredient. So I started using it, and immediately my itching has disappeared and my skin feels 100% better. This of course after i've tried other lotions.

I haven't looked for other, less expensive brands, that have glycerin as a main ingredient, but i'm sure they are out there and if anyone finds a good one let me know
Old 01-23-2003, 03:39 PM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

My favorite topic.

Body: Oil of Old Lady bodywash for dry skin. I use a shower poufy.

Lotion: St Ives Lavendar & Lilac, I love love love the smell.

Feet: Freeman's Barefoot line is the bomb.

Another lotion: Pacquin. It comes in a tub like Noxzema. Rich rich lotion. My aunties used to use it after tanning in the '80's. Now I use it on my feet & legs & anywhere else dry.

For my face, I like Origins entire line of products. I drop entirely too much money there.

Lip Balm: I have tried all the expensive brands, and keep coming back to Bonne Bell. I like the non-sparkly kind, and I slick it on thick before bed, and then again after my shower & sometimes during the day if I'm not wearing lipstick. My favorite is Blueberry or Peach.

Makeup: Jeez, this depends on the day, but for the most part I'm a Revlon gal. My best feature is my lips, so I like their LipGlide. I also like their High Definition Eyeliner. A guy here @ work that I've had a crush on forever asked me if I'd gotten new contacts. I said, no, why? "Your eyes. They're stunning. So blue." It was the eyeliner!!! (Well that coupled w/the fact that I was wearing black & purple & I look great in both.)

Perfume: Champs-Elysees by Guerlain, but Romance by Ralph Lauren smells great on me, so my friend gave me her bottle.

Shampoo & Conditioner: Matrix Amplify. But the fallback conditioner I can use w/any shampoo & still look great is Paul Mitchell's Detangler. Smells goood, too.

For after blowdrying, I get a little bit of Queen Helene's Cholesterol conditioner on my fingertips & go over my hair with it. It makes my hair shiny & gets rid of flyaways.

damn tags...

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 01-23-2003 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:58 PM   #6  
It's been so long...

Goddess Jessica hehe, I thought maybe the topic would draw you in, us Gawdesses, you know

I popped in totally because Beth had said that you had missed me, so I came in to check out the threads, and now that life is settling down, I figured I'd pop in and have some fun with y'all

As for a brown lipstick, if you haave a little chunk of change to toss on it, Bobbi Brown is the way to go...

http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/t...GORY_NAME=lips

I rarely do, lol my VERY favorite of the lower priced browns is a color gloss by Jordana, called Brown Sugar... no lie, I pay $1 a tube for it, and it rocks, good coverage, nice rich color with just a bit of shimmer... not teenybopper-glittery... hehe, even though I have a couple of those too and there's about a billion colors in the glosses, then another hundred billion in lipsticks...

Inca's Momma, I love BBW, but, don't have one anywhere near me, and I'm more of an instant gratification shopper, than an online one... I want it cheap, and I want it NOW...LOL

nelie, try Neutrogena Norweigan Formula Body Moisturizer... it's glycerin based, and costs about $6.99 a bottle... or, you can try something that has shea butter after bath, I've been using straight shea butter, when I live, at the highest point is about the same as Denver, and we're a desert area too... and shea butter's been working wonders for me... and, believe it or not, working out and sweating is excellent for your skin if you're in a dry area, because you normally wouldn't sweat much, and your skin dries on top of it, so you end up with a hefty amount of dry skin, over top of clogged pores...
Old 01-23-2003, 04:04 PM   #7  
It's been so long...

LOL Such... I have another primper....YAY!

I used to use the Cholesterol conditioner, back when I still permed my hair, but right now, I'm in love with my minty hair Repair conditioner, and my "hair honey" as I call it, gives my little ringlets plenty of shine

ooh, and btw, my website, before I ripped it down, was CALLED Such a Pretty Face...lol
Old 01-23-2003, 06:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/327/250

Height: 5'5

Well ladies I have the driest skin of anyone I have ever met and this may sound gross but the only thing I use that lasts for more than a half hour is straight out of the jar VASELINE. Right after I shower I take a little bit and just rub it in all over. It dosen't stay greasy and it keeps my skin as smooth as can be. I use it on chapped lips too. If my hands and feet are particularly dry I slather it on before bed and put surgical gloves on my hands or plastic bags(the kind you get at the grocery store for fruit) on my feet. In the morning its all soaked in and my skin is wonderful.

For my hair the only stuff I have found that makes it manageable is Pantene. I have naturally curly hair and it gets dry and frizzy very easy.

I rarely use makeup but when I do i only buy clinique products. I never seem to get break outs from that brand.

Great tips ladies. I think I may try a few of them.

Sarah
Old 01-23-2003, 11:29 PM   #9  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Palmer's Cocoa Butter....it costs about $2 a cubic ton and works wonders!
Old 01-23-2003, 11:31 PM   #10  

And welcome back, PNG! It's nice to see you again!
Old 01-24-2003, 05:43 AM   #11  
Searching

Hair: John Frieda Sheer Blonde shampoo, conditioner, hair lotion

Cleanser: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash and Alcohol-Free Toner
on the run I use the Pond's Cloths

Face Lotion:Expensive but worth it. When I first started using it my hubby told me I glowed! Merle Norman's Luxiva for Normal/Oily skin Spf 15

Make-up and Body Lotion: Its a hodge podge. But I prefer Face finity and lip finity.

Since I work out doors another must have is Chapstick for day and Carmex for nights. No dry cracked lips this year for me!

Miss Chris
Old 01-24-2003, 12:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i'm a WAY low maintainance girl.

hair: i rotate between herbal essences and thermasilk.

makeup: i wear mascare maybe once a week. usually less.

lotions: are a big no. i have super duper oily skin. i only use a foot lotion, which is from BBW.

i get ready in 15 minutes can ya tell??
Old 01-24-2003, 08:18 PM   #13  

Holly - another low maintenance girl here! I rarely wear makeup...about the only thing I wear on my face is Carmex. I can also get ready in 15 minutes.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:22 PM   #14  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally posted by PNG 2
ooh, and btw, my website, before I ripped it down, was CALLED Such a Pretty Face...lol
I've heard it so much, it just made sense for a board name.

On a sort-of related note, my ex used to use Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask. One night he came out of his bedroom to wash it out & scared the sh*t outta his brother, who was coming home from work.
Closed Thread