South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 05:16 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Feisty Friday

I don't feel feisty but I'm hoping the idea along with lots of coffee might help It's cold and windy here this morning.. Not sure about snow yet because it's still dark. I hope we didn't get any.

I had a late night and a very early morning (headache wake-up) so I'm going to drink my first mug of coffee and then come back.

How is your Friday shaping up? The weekend is straight ahead so grab a cup of something hot and stop by and say hello
Old 03-26-2010, 05:18 AM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I'm up early too.

Already had breakfast, and getting ready to chuck in a load of laundry and figure out my game plan for today.

Good morning!

A.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:58 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning

I'm bringing a crockpot of broccoli cheese soup to the teachers workshop today so I started it before bed last night and we both were awake before the alarm because it smelled so good! Ferg had a bowl for breakfast but I'm waiting til lunch for mine.

Enjoy your Friday friends.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning A & C!

I'm a bit groggy too. Went to bed early, and mananged to wake up early, darned it!

Busy day today... I get to go with my DS to a play today, then work the afternoon, then to a school function tonight.

I swear plain yogurt must have some magical weight loss activity. I have not been on plan 100%, but I've had my yogurt...and things are staying steady, even dropping?! It's either the yogurt, or the fast runs! (well, fast for me) I've been having some awesome salads too, with the leftover baby greens from my church dinner the other night.

Glad to check in! HOpe everyone is doing well!

Heidi - that soup sounds fabulous! Cute to have a bowl for breakfast. Does give me a great idea for lunch!

Last edited by TwynnB; 03-26-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:02 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Heidi - is there a recipe for the crockpot version? I love the idea of making the soup that way. Now I wish I had a bowl for breakfast

Astrophe - A plan for the day sounds so much more productive than drink coffee, make it to 5:00

Twynn - I bet it's those runs - Congratulations!
Old 03-26-2010, 06:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I think I have some frozen broccoli in the freezer......and enough time to make it....You ladies are such bad influences....
Old 03-26-2010, 06:14 AM   #7  

Default Yay for the whoosh!

The scale this morning said 160.4! I'll probably not make my March goal, but the 150s are so close I can taste it...

Twynn, there is loads of evidence that eating more dairy increases weight loss, and I have even read that probiotics (which yogurt has in abundance) help with wieght loss too. So, keep it up with the yogurt! It is considered one of the 12 superfoods we should try to eat every day (so is dark chocolate and red wine - don't you love it).

We have a fairly relaxed weekend coming up...an egg hunt tomorrow with a barbeque to follow at a friends house, and on Sunday just a casual walk down to the new Brooklyn Bridge Park which opened near to our home. This is a project years in the making and when it is finished it is going to be a great asset for the community (and raise our property values through the roof too) and consists of 6 piers, each with different things (a marina, salt marsh, children's playground, etc.) The first one opened this week so we are going to have a look.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Mmckellen; 03-26-2010 at 06:14 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:17 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Hmmm, I think I'm going to pick up some yogurt on my way home! lol

There's not an official crockpot version for that recipe. I just put the broth and frozen broccoli in the crockpot before we went to bed and Voila! lol I pureed it this morning and added the canned tomatoes and cream cheese and it's ready to go. I love the taste but I especially love how easy the recipe is.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:18 AM   #9  
Be happy.

Congrats on the whoosh Mmck!
Old 03-26-2010, 06:22 AM   #10  

Question: has anyone heard from Kara or WeightObsessed? I missed a couple of days while I was on vacation and wonder if everything is ok.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:24 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh my! I've been up 15 minutes and want broccoli soup instead of my coffee. I guess I'll have to settle for the coffee and yogurt with strawberries.

Everyone sounds busy and I'm joining you. It's time to get back in the groove with gym this morning, a Bingo to work and then daffies to sell out in the below freezing temperatures late this afternoon. Jazz seems a bit under the weather but he may just be recovering from the trauma of his haircut.

See y'all later and TGIF.

P
Old 03-26-2010, 06:28 AM   #12  
Be happy.

I've been wondering about Kara and Okie, too. I don't do facebook so if I don't see them here I don't see them anywhere....

Ruth, I'm glad you had a great vacation in FL, but it's nice to have you back where you belong - here posting at dawn.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:29 AM   #13  

Good morning everyone! So glad it's Friday!
Heidi- Thanks for that link yesterday- I'm going to check it out this afternoon! Yesterday the boys both had soccer so I ran out of time! That soup sounds yummy....wish I had a SB buddy at my school today! We are taking snack for our AP's birthday. I am taking a veggie tray with some light dip.

Congratulations on the loss McMk! How exciting to get into the 150's!!!

I think I need some yogurt and some running Twynn!

Hey Cyndi and Astrophe

I was wondering about Kara and FoodObsessed also!
Old 03-26-2010, 07:04 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Broccoli soup sounds good, but I still have to start my day with coffee. It's a dreary, rainy morning, so broccoli soup may end up on the lunch menu.

I treated myself to a sleep-in this morning. There's nothing pressing that I have to do, I'm going to throw in a few loads of laundry and do some dusting and vacuuming. I should stop in to see my parents today, too.

I remember Kara mentioning that her family was taking a vacation when her DH got home, so that's probably where she is. As for Okie, I don't know. She did complain of computer problems, and perhaps that's why she hasn't posted for a while?
Old 03-26-2010, 07:19 AM   #15  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

This afternoon is DS's first track meet of the season. He is glad his coach is letting him run two varsity races despite all the practice he missed for his sprained ankles. But not allowed the events he really wants! Yet.

Happy dance news: My mom is taking me to the spa in June! She is doing it to thank me for my support during her husband's medical crisis. (Back story here... she takes me and my SILs every other year now, but this is an off year, new location, and just us.) Flights already booked!

So... I am going to see the orthopedic today to see how to if I can figure out how to heal my shoulder faster to get back to my exercise routine and spa ready!
Closed Thread