Old 03-25-2010, 08:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Default now eat this ..

anyone have this cook book?? it was on the The Doctors this morning and it seemed really interesting im seriously going to buy it this weekend .. the chef that wrote it took your every day meals and cut the calories for most of them in half .. like mashed potatoes made out of cauliflower and greek yogurt i guess that would be called mashed flower lol .. i mean who would of thought that one ?? not I .. lol if you have it do you like it??
haleysmommy5402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #2  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

I havent' heard of that cookbook exactly, but I do know the mashed cauliflower trick and it does taste JUST like mashed potatos.
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:46 PM   #3  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

there is also cauliflower pizza and it is soo good i made it last night!
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 440/193/170

Height: 5'11"

I LOVE mashed cauliflower! I do not eat potatoes anymore, and do not miss them at all, as have substituted cauliflower instead.
joannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:44 PM   #5  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I have tried the mashed cauliflower thing (although not mixed with greek yogurt) and IMO, while it does taste good, there is no mistaking that you're eating cauliflower and not potato.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #6  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I've tried the cauliflower thing, and while it's tasty, it's still cauliflower. The only time I've been "fooled" was when it had so much butter and cheese that the medium that conveyed the butter/cheese to my mouth was not important. Could have been cauliflower, potatoes, rice, etc. (Kinda like my family views popcorn. It's just a medium for salt and butter. )

When I'm not counting calories (like, never), I can enjoy the cheesy cauliflower as a mashed potato substitute. But I'd rather have less butter and cheese, and enjoy tasting the cauliflower.

Now I AM a real convert to zucchini "pasta". In trying to cut back (not out) on carbs, I'm always looking for pasta substitutes. Use the veg peeler to make strips of zucchini or yellow summer squash, then nuke for about a minute. Cover with sauce and whatever your protein is (I like chicken or a turkey burger with sauce and a bit of cheese, like chicken parmensan), and it's really good! Again, it may not have the texture of pasta, but it gives you something to make a "bed" of under your protein and sauce.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:10 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I tried a recipe that was mashed cauliflower with potatoes and it tasted just like mashed potatoes. I don't think mashed cauliflower takes like mashed potatoes on it own.

Although I never liked mashed potatoes so I don't know.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote