Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #1  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Default Momentum/Flex Chatterbox [Feb-Apr 2010]

Round two!

How is everyone doing? It's been rather quiet lately, & I for one would love some updates!

Now that the winter holidays are over, and with valentine's day just around the corner, I hope everyone has managed to either stay or get back on track.

I admit that I've fumbled with my exercise goals in January, but I plan on joining a gym before the last week of this month. Having access to treadmills and a bike while not having to face the elements will most likely get me back and working on my exercise goals. And learning to do a bit of weight lifting sure won't hurt! Small steps. I'll get there.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

Height: 5'5"

I have been back on track for a couple of weeks now and it is finally showing. I have been back at the gym doing some walking (I had back surgery 7 weeks ago) and am slowly taking back off the weight I put on over the holidays and while I was not allowed to do anything after my surgery.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:57 PM   #3  
Warning 3FC Addict

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that you are back on your feet. 7 weeks? Wow, you must be a good healer, I couldn't imagine.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:35 AM   #4  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Okay, was out of the loop for a couple of days...everyone sick here. Not fun!

Okay weighed in and got to log that loss of 1.5 pounds. Not a big loss, but a loss all the same. I have kick boxing class tonight...maybe. STUPID SNOW!

Sheena, that's great that you are motivating yourself after being through surgery. Keep up the good work!

Zan, I need to change my routine up a little. I think I need to try some new excercises. I need to talk to my one girlfriend who has all this equipment at home that is not getting used. I think I'll cash in some friendship points and see if she'll let me start using them...I'm too broke for a gym membership right now.

We did book our trip to Disney World (hense the brokeness...brokness???Not a word, I know). We are going on May 14th...so there's the motivation to get at least 10 more pounds off. I'm going to have to buy shorts since I weighed 186 last summer. Yep, there goes more money.

Well, all you ladies have a wonderful day!
Old 02-11-2010, 03:22 PM   #5  
Warning 3FC Addict

Boatingmommy, I'd be the one offering to make sure all the equipment still works by routinely testing them out. And maybe adding in that I'll dust them off for her in trade.

I think I need to sit down and recalculate everything I've got to eat again. I just recalculated a torilla and it went from my fictional 0pts to the harsh fact of 2pts. Ow! But now I know that I also do better when I eat a few extra points over the daily amount. Live and learn, I suppose,
Old 02-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/129

Hi, everyone! ::waves ::

I'm plugging along, and not doing too bad with the eating part of the plan. I've managed a loss every week, so I must be doing something right. BUT, my gym visits have dropped off since the semester started. I just can seem to fit it in (I know that's no excuse, but I'm a little overwhelmed).

The weekend is almost here, though, so at least I'll get two gym visits in. Plus, Monday is technically a holiday here, so maybe I'll even get three visits.

Any of you buried in snow? I keep reading about it online, but here in the high desert of Montana, we've just got the cold -- not much of the white stuff.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #7  

Howdy gals! I did a pretty good job eating today...stayed way away from the sweet tooth cravings...PMS and hating every minute of it!

Zan, my girlfriend's son has been extremely sick for a while and I don't know that I'll get over there to use that equipment anytime soon. She's pretty stressed right now.

Did my kick boxing class on Monday, but yesterday was feeling yucky (probably caught the tail end of what my family had last week)...so I went and took a nap for about an hour following dinner instead of excercising. Trying to work up the desire to hit the Turbo Jam tonight. I know, I WILL!!!

Sissie: Snow here is at a minimum around the Illinois side of St. Louis. The streets have cleared, but the yard has some drifts and banks. COLD!!!! Waking up to the mid teens. YUCK...I HATE WINTER!!!

My hubby and I are going with friends to the St. Louis Outdoor Living and Boat show this weekend. They fill the Edward Jones dome (where the St. Louis Rams play football) full of boats and outdoor stuff. We have a big pontoon, and most of our friends have boats. This is one of my biggest motivators for losing the weight. I'm tired of looking like a hog on the boat.

Okay, better drag my butt into the other room and do some "Jammin"! Hope everyone had some successes today!
Old 02-12-2010, 07:55 AM   #8  
Warning 3FC Addict

One plus to Florida, no snow! Though the summer heat is the worst if you have to work outside. Luckily I'm an office gal, not so lucky when it comes to getting up and moving around though.

That stinks that the boy is sick! That's always stressful for moms. Just got to wish the boy well and ask a bit later.
Did you beat off the yuck yourself? There must be something going around where you are, it reads like everyone is coming down with something.

I'm with you on the weekend gym visit, SissieSue, I'm signing up after I move on Wednesday and I can't wait. All this sitting around is driving me batty!
Old 02-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #9  

Good morning! Up and at em this morning! Going to work out first thing so that it's done...then I don't have to worry about working out after work. I think that I've kicked whatever bug I was feeling on Wed. Just a bunch of sinus yuck now, but not feeling like "night of the living dead" like I was.

Florida...love it! We have got our trip planned to Disney World for May. Can't wait. 13 weeks from tomorrow, to be exact. I agree Zan...wouldn't want to be there in mid July. The heat and humidity is too extreme for me.

My girlfriends sons has been diagnosed has having Celiac's disease. He can no longer eat wheat products. He has had an obstructed bowel and was hospitalized for a week and has now missed about 5 weeks of school total this year. He's a freshman in high school...and it's a big time bummer for him. But at least now they know what's been causing all the problems and it can be controlled with diet.

SissieSue, I see that your weight is just about where I am at. You said you've been losing steadily. What kind of things are you eating...anything special that you'd like to share?

Well, off to excercise...then working from home today. Everyone have a wonderful Friday!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/129

BoatingMommy -- I've been eating mostly things from the grain/legume family, which I know doesn't work for everyone. I certainly don't have any secrets :-)

On a typical week day, my meals look something like this:

Breakfast: 2 pieces high fiber, low-cal bread; 1 tbs. peanut butter (or, if I have extra time, I'll make an egg beaters egg disk with laughing cow lite "cheese" and eat it on the bread. It's the same amount of points, either way).

Lunch: Usually, the same as breakfast (pathetic, I know).

Snack: 1/2 Cliff Builder Bar OR 2 Frigo Lite String Cheese; Zero point soup

Dinner: 1 - 2 cups bean & veggie soup/stew (I make my own, mainly using recipes from Lorna Sass's _Great Vegetarian Cooking Under Pressure. On Sundays, I made a big batch of soup/stew and then eat it all week). This week was Louisiana Red Beans and Rice week, so last night for dinner, I had 1 cup of Louisiana Red Beans + 1 cup rice + zero point veggies.

Dessert/night snack: Piece of fruit + popcorn

Sometimes, I'll skip the rice with the beans and add an egg for more protein. If I have points left over, I'll add a fat to one of my meals (or have a beer). I have to admit, I'm not super great about getting in milk (I hate it), but I do take a calcium supplement, and I like fat-free Greek Yogurt, so I eat that sometimes.

When I earn activity points, I use them on treats -- a small brownie or real potato chips (YUM!).

My body tends to shed weight if I stick to a lower-fat vegetarian-ish diet. I've tried to lose with a high-protein, low-fat diet and it just never worked for me.

I'm curious, BoatingMommy: what's your typical food-plan for the average day? I sometimes feel like I'm getting in a rut, but I hate to change it up since it's been working pretty well.

Have you been losing pretty steadily (you've made great progress)? I keep waiting to hit those weeks where I just don't lose much at all (I hate those!)
Old 02-13-2010, 10:11 PM   #11  
Warning 3FC Addict

I think that with the boy being older it should be easier for him to commit to a different diet. Especially when he realizes how much better it feels to knock out some of those terrible symptoms. Well, that's me hoping at least, teens are hard to predict.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:21 AM   #12  
Tex
Time to do this.

S/C/G: 452/362/175

Height: 5'7"

Went to my first meeting yesterday morning and got the shock of my life when I stepped on the scale... did not see that coming. Oh well, that was the last time I will ever see that number!

Looking forward to going again on Saturday and seeing what has changed.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:27 PM   #13  
Warning 3FC Addict

Glad to have you, Tex!

Yeah, the first Weigh In can be a shocker for some of us, but don't focus too hard on those numbers. You'll start dropping and figuring out what needs to be done to get that weight off.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:10 PM   #14  

Tex...the hardest part is just making the initial commitment...and that first weigh in isn't so easy. But stick to your guns, and make some changes...then you'll see the benefits!

Got my new Turbo Jam 2 video today. Did it tonight and LOVED IT! I need someone to pump me up...without being super annoying. Okay, so maybe she is a little annoying...but I still enjoyed it.

Committed to losing 6 pounds in the next 5 weeks. Gonna give up my Anheuser bush products for a couple of weeks. We've been doing too much partying lately...weddings, anniversary parties, Daytona Party (Yep, Got me one of THOSE husbands). Not that I drink alot, but even a couple of beers if you don't have the extra points can keep you from losing.

Sissy - You asked me about my diet. I try and eat anything that I would normally...just not as much.

Breakfasts - Granola cookie or bowl of cereal with 1 cup skim milk and a fruit.

Lunchs - Healthy choice meals (they have weight watcher points of box) or progresso soups or a salad with lots of veggies and 2 tbs of dressing (light done right taste best to me...I refuse to do fat free..YUCK!)

Dinner - whatever I make for my family...a pork chop, roast beef or chicken...I just make sure I measure out 3 or 4 ounces. Then I have a large helping of veggies...staying away from the starches.

Snacks - almonds, fruits, granola bars (my favorite is Orville Redenbacher smart pop 100 cal bags ..1 pt.!)

Since I like my sweets, I bought some Weight watchers ice cream novelties. There are a couple different ones with only 1 or 2 pts a piece.

Hope that helps. I couldn't be as diciplined as you are dieting...I think I would give up too easily. But you have to do what works for you...and NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING SKINNY FEELS!!! (except for maybe birthday cake LOL!!!

You all take care....and post soon!
Old 02-22-2010, 09:14 AM   #15  
Warning 3FC Addict

I feel like I've dropped off the face of the earth since last Tuesday.
I've been without internet access since mid-last week, which is both nice and a pain in the tush. I feel like I should be standing up in front of a group of people and saying, "My name is zanheltangia, and I have an internet addiction..." I just figure that when I get it back I'll have all these updates to click through, so it isn't that bad.

So, this is good practice for when I no longer have eTools or WWs online. I've been writing my points in a small spiral notebook in my pantry and checking things with my WW tan/gray book and points slider and using my ww food scale. I went to a seafood resturant the day after my WI with my lil' sis', so this week will be a true test to see how I'll do once I stop paying for the WW's pass.

Party food can be tough, boatingmommy, but it sounds like you've got it together.
Closed Thread