Old 03-23-2010, 12:35 AM   #1  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Default How did/will you celebrate reaching Onederland?

I'm inching my way towards Onederland, and I'm curious about experiences of Onederland. If you did, how did you or how do you plan to celebrate when you reach this milestone?

My entry into Onederland is going to probably coincide with the weekend of my 26th birthday and while I don't have any plans for my birthday, and probably won't, I want to do something wonderful for myself and make this experience memorable!

Last edited by beautifulone; 03-23-2010 at 01:23 AM.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:02 AM   #2  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

Im not quite there yet but closer than I was a few months ago! lol
I dont have anything specific planned but I'll be visiting my sister in PA at the end of May exactly when my lovely excel spreadsheet says I should reach 199. I have faith I'll get there by then in which case I plan on buying a couple new outfits for my trip. I cant wait! Im so so soo excited to get everyones reactions because they havnt seen me since July when I was almost at my highest weight.

Maybe you can spend the day out and about. You can go out and do some shopping, get a mani/pedi, or get a new hair style! Just treat yourself for the day!

An early congratulations though! You're doing great! =)
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:45 AM   #3  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

I didn't really do anything. I graduated high school weighing 199 lbs and that was the last time I saw onderland for nearly 10 years! I was planning on having a big celebration, but once I actually reached onderland it was much more of a quiet personal celebration. I had a small 3 week plateau at 203 lbs (I think I mentally plateaued myself because of was scared of onderland). So once I actually reached 199 a part of me was in disbelief that I actually weighed less than 200 lbs. I kept delaying making my onderland membership 'official' until I was safely out of the 200s...of course by then I was in the 180s, lol.
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

I didn't celebrate really. Firstly reaching onderland was a big enough reward in itself. Secondly reaching 14 stones (think that's 196lb) was more important to me as it was my prepregnancy weight with my daughter. As it happened I whoosed into onderland and and think I made both goals at the same time. Would of bought clothes but I'd just bought a load with CHristmas money

Now waiting to get to 12 stones (168lb) to reward myself with new Summer clothes
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:21 AM   #5  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

You are so close! You are doing great!

Back when I started on this journey, I promised myself the emerald ring that I have always wanted if I got below 200. Back then, getting below 200 seemed almost impossible, much like shooting for the moon. It had been about 30 years since I was below 200, before you were born! Now that I think about it, I was about your age when I past the 200 mark and kept going. About 12 years ago I had my only successful weight loss and, even then, I did not get below 200. I really saw below 200 as my goal and even set my goal weight here as 191. That would have been a hundred pound loss and put me a few pounds below 200. Sounded fantastic to me and I really did not think that I would get there.

Now to the present, after 18 months I slipped below 200. Turns out that was a reward in itself. I celebrated by posting here and have decided to postpone the emerald ring until I hit goal, whatever that turns out to be.

I suggest that you do something fun when you get below 200. Something that you could not have done at your highest weight. However, the best present that you are giving yourself is a smaller healthier you. You won't have to deal with that extra 63 pounds, or more, in the rest of your twenties, or thirties or forties. What a great gift!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Yeah for you!!! It's so hard being that close!!

I celebrated right here with people who understand! I did a mini victory dance on the scale, came here right away, and smiled for the rest of the day.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:25 PM   #7  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the support everyone!

I keep thinking about it now and I have to remind myself to slow down and pace myself cuz it ain't happening for a little while longer lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie789 View Post
I didn't really do anything. I graduated high school weighing 199 lbs and that was the last time I saw onderland for nearly 10 years! I was planning on having a big celebration, but once I actually reached onderland it was much more of a quiet personal celebration. I had a small 3 week plateau at 203 lbs (I think I mentally plateaued myself because of was scared of onderland). So once I actually reached 199 a part of me was in disbelief that I actually weighed less than 200 lbs. I kept delaying making my onderland membership 'official' until I was safely out of the 200s...of course by then I was in the 180s, lol.
I know what you mean by mental plateau. I've done it before and I'm trying not to this time. If you don't mind my asking, what scared you about onederland and how did you get past the fear? I feel a little bit of that and I think it's mostly just saying the fact that I'll be saying good-bye to something (even though I want it to end!) and facing the unknown. I just keep reminding myself that this IS what I want and that it'll be fine, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post
I suggest that you do something fun when you get below 200. Something that you could not have done at your highest weight. However, the best present that you are giving yourself is a smaller healthier you. You won't have to deal with that extra 63 pounds, or more, in the rest of your twenties, or thirties or forties. What a great gift!
Thanks time2lose . Congratulations on your weight loss/onederland too! I'll be thinking about how I want to celebrate - I DEFINITELY will be doing something so I'm already excited, but the long-term benefits of this and what it means for my life and my health truly are the best rewards. I realize this more and more as I get 'older'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
Yeah for you!!! It's so hard being that close!!

I celebrated right here with people who understand! I did a mini victory dance on the scale, came here right away, and smiled for the rest of the day.
Aww thanks. I'll definitely do this too .

Last edited by beautifulone; 03-23-2010 at 07:26 PM.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote