General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-23-2010, 01:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Default How to lose 7 lbs in 1 day after gaining 10 lbs in 3 days.

Hubby and I spent a long weekend with my family in Illinois. It was a nice trip.

I watched what I ate, but didn't have my scale with me (the last time I took a scale down with me, the scale didn't survive the trip).

So when I got home Sunday, I stepped on the scale and nearly had a heart attack. I'd gained 10 lbs!

Just to be clear, I have gained 10 lbs in a weekend before (and the kind of weight that isn't water retention and doesn't go away by itself).

For the first time in a long time, I was tempted to binge in frustration at the weight gain. I reminded myself that most of the gain had to be water weight - which is why I haven't raised my ticker weight. If I can lose all of the weight in four or five days, I figure it all had to have been water retention (especially since my wedding ring - ordinarily too loose was so tight I couldn't get the ring off).

So yesterday, I watched what I ate and drank a lot of fluids. And TMI warning, I was pooping all day and realized that I didn't poo during our entire little vacation (stress maybe?)

So I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 7 of the 10 lbs just within 24 hours.

My wedding ring is still tight (though I can now wriggle it off with effort), so I'm guessing that the 3 remaining pounds are also still largely water retention.
I'll give it a couple more days, and then if I'm still not at my lowest weight, I'll raise my ticker.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #2  
Im naked under my clothes

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/165

Height: 5' 7

Whew! I'm glad that was a fluke! Water weight will get ya everytime!
Getting Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #3  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

.... u must be so relieved to see it go ! .... last night i was a little stressed about something .... major binge this morning ... scale tipped in 1.5 lbs heavier even after i went to the bathroom .... im on the verge of tears here also had to talk myself down a nother binge kudos to you for not giving in and binging today ! im sure the remaining 3 pounds will be off before you know it ! <3
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/TickTickBoom/ST-220

Height: 5'6

Ugh! That water weight is such a... you know. I hope you're carrying around a giant water bottle with you every place you go! You know it'll come back off. At this point in the game, you're far too stubborn for it to stick around.

Btw, totally OT, but I'll be headed up just northeast of Wausau for Memorial Day weekend at the earliest. Crandon, to be exact. My family has a cabin on a lake up there, and Wausau is where we get all our news and weather from . Reading where you were from just made me all the more anxious to get up there.
Gourmet Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:39 PM   #5  

I'm a lot more easy going about water weight than I once was. I really don't panic at normal, daily fluctuations of even 3 lbs. The 10 lbs was a shocker though, but I knew there was no way that it could be "real" weight, because of how closely I watched my food intake.

Gourmet Bean, I'm an Illinois native, but I love Wisconsin and the Wausau area more than I ever would have expected (I wasn't very enthusiastic about moving north). Winters are rough (only slightly longer and harsher than Illinois'), but I love Spring, Summer, and Fall.

Oh, and yes I am downing as much fluids as I can. Citrus seems to help flush better than plain water, so I mix up a large pitcher of sugar free Crystal Light lemonade with a 1/2 lemon ground into a paste and added to the lemonade (and more water than the package calls for). The pulp, peel and seeds mostly sink to the bottom of the pitcher, but give the lemonade the flavor of homemade lemonade or a lemon-shakeup at the County Fair.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:53 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

I always have the TMI problem on vacations. Something about being away from home throws my body through a loop and when I get home my bowels have to...recover. So I bet that's what a lot of it was, too. Hope you enjoyed the vacation though!
kathrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 157 / Ticker / 130

water weight is a mofo~! Glad you lost most of it already, and good job for not binging
Tia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:39 AM   #8  

I did lose all the water weight, so I'm pretty excited that I got back from a vacation without a "real" gain.

We're expecting some really nice weather, so tomorrow or Monday, we're getting out my bike and getting air in the tires. I'm really looking forward to bicylcing around the apartment complex, and to the store and asian grocery nearby. I probably need a bike helmet. In our old neighborhood, I didn't bother because there wasn't any traffic to speak of. It's still going to be mostly driving through quiet neighborhoods, and only a block or two of busier (but still slow) traffic.

I'm excited at the prospect of getting more exercise, especially with a practical purpose.