South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 05:44 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Time to Chat Tuesday

Good morning Another rainy day here but it's better than that other stuff. Time to avoid all dirt roads though, unless I want to stay for a very long visit!

I'm going to grab a cup of coffee and start waking up. How does your day look from here?
Old 03-23-2010, 05:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Cyndi and others....

Whew. This is my first morning getting up early after the time change. I'll like it later, right?

Drinking coffee, about to get my gymmies on, and get on the treadmill. I was lucky enough to get outside last week a lot, I don't think I will this week.

Supper was a hit!! The brown rice went great, and more people chose the whole wheat bread over the white...I was surprised. I guess they're healthy college students, huh?

Have a great one!
Old 03-23-2010, 06:00 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning Cyndi, it's raining here too. I'm thinking this will take care of the last of our snow. It's only March though, this has been such an odd winter.

Hi Twynn, I'm glad things went so well last night. Enjoy your treadmill time.

This is day 14 at 159.2 lbs. This is the longest I've gone without losing since I started SBD in October. I've been as good as gold the past couple of weeks so I'm blaming my body and not my willpower for this slowdown. Hopefully tomorrow will be my 'lucky day'. I really wanted to be at my goal for Easter, I'm thinking that probably won't happen now. It's not like I'm going to LOOK that different 4 pounds from now. But it's an important 'head thing'.

Just proofread my post and it reminded me how blessed I am. I'm sure there are a lot of people around who wish their biggest frustration this week was a 'stuck scale', eh? Have a great day friends.

Last edited by Heidi58; 03-23-2010 at 06:02 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Cyndi, Twynn, and those yet to join us today!

My day is looking pretty good. Caitlyn and Carley are coming out on the train this morning to spend the day, and Monica is driving out after she gets off work at noon. I haven't had time yet to plan our day, but we'll do something fun, and I know Caite wants to show me a new Wii DVD that she bought.
It's looking to be foggy and overcast today, with a few more showers, so no outside activities.

I need more coffee, I can't think yet.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:04 AM   #5  
Be happy.

Sounds like a fun day Linda - I'll be anxious to hear about that new wii DVD.
I still own only the wii fit plus. lol
Old 03-23-2010, 06:22 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Yup, we'll have some clouds and rain too apparently. Heidi, I feel for you! Have you kicked up your exercise recently? That ALWAYS makes me stall/gain. When you build muscle, your body tends to retain water temporarily. Each day of no loss brings you closer to that big whoosh. Have you measured recently?

Yesterday was a clean Phase 1 day for me. I did have an extra serving of nuts at the end of the day in the form of 2 tbsp. peanut butter, for a total of 2 servings of nuts. But other than that I was completely on plan. I feel great today but I CANNOT let myself get complacent. I've got to make it through this weekend, which is the hard part for me.

Things are a bit strange around here. My son seems to have grown up tremendously and become a real little decision maker in the last two weeks, and I can't handle it. Where's my baby??? My boss seems to be in a very reasonable period and is not bothering me which is great, and totally unexpected. I've been having some difficulties with our sitter, who I love, but I had to cut her hours (son is going into an after school program one day a week on the recommendation of his teachers) and even though I lined up more work for her, I feel like she is very angry with me. Yesterday she didn't do his homework with him because "he didn't want to" and bought him a donut when I had specifically asked her not to give him sweets. In her mind, that's how you love someone - but not in my mind. I don't for a minute think she has bad intentions, but I've got to nip this in the bud.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

Good Morning everyone! I am so glad to be back online. I haven't had any internet since March 13th due to the storm around here. I just got internet back yesterday. Optimum online took their sweet time fixing it. I'm just stopping by to say hi this morning. I will try to make up for lost time and read the posts of the last week and figure out what's going on around here. I felt so lost this past week, although I did read a lot.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Tuesday!
Old 03-23-2010, 06:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm back. I seem to need a coffee in an IV-drip this morning.

Heidi, my sympathies for you. I'm experiencing the very same thing. Up 2, down 2, and it doesn't make any sense at all because I've been diligent about staying 100% on-plan and working out til I'm drenched in perspiration every day. I am seeing changes in my body, but it'd sure be nice to be rewarded on the scale. That's why I hate those things!

Mmc, I hope your theory is right and that Heidi and I will both experience a nice Whoosh before much longer! Good for you for staying OP yesterday, but take it easy on the nuts! They're good for you, but full of fat. I hope the situation with your sitter improves.

Good morning, Maryjaneld! You snuck in while I was still posting! I've wondered where you've been and am happy you finally got your internet restored!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 03-23-2010 at 06:39 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:51 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Mmc - That's really scary - maybe it's something in the water? My BFH has actually been really reasonable the last couple of weeks too. Maybe in our case it's the fact that she may be presiding over the closing of the organization or maybe it's something else. Yesterday I had to call DW mid-morning because I was just in shock. In a meeting she told me that she had told someone she would work with them based on my input because I know the field and the big picture better than she does. I almost fell over. I can't believe that she said that to me or that she would acknowledge it to anyone else. For 2 years I haven't known anything of interest! Very, very weird

I'm just not speaking to my scale anymore. I still get on because i can't afford to gain more and not realize it, but I don't like it.

hoping for whooshes all around
Old 03-23-2010, 06:52 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I may get back a little later, but I wanted to check in and say hello. I don't have much quiet time in the AM here because I have to take the pups out on leash one at a time as soon as we get up.

Our day was spectacular yesterday. I made it to the top of Angels Landing at Zion! I'm actually pretty amazed, and later DH said he had said many prayers before we got here. One of the hardest things for him with my being overweight is that we weren't able to enjoy these things together. It made him very happy, too. We're both pretty sore today and I think he wants to walk by the river today. Although it would be much more beautiful with the Spring flowers, this has been the perfect time for us to come.

DH and pups are ready to go out! I'll be back!
Old 03-23-2010, 06:55 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Debbie - Congratulations, what an accomplishmen. I was amazed at that hike, not sure I could do it! The pictures are incredible.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:21 AM   #12  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, Chickies,

I can't stay for long this morning. I'm having a HIDA Scan on my gallbladder and they asked me to be there early. Auston will have breakfast at school. I can't have coffee. Hopefully my shower will wake me up!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:41 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Thanks, Cyndi. I really think I have an edge because I ride my bike so much now...and all the Yoga hasn't hurt. It is unbelievable how the body can respond. In 2003 I couldn't walk around the block and more importantly, didn't want to. One day at a time I'm actually getting in shape to do the things I could never even admit I wanted to do because fear of failure made it too risky. Thanks for all your encouragement along the way.

Chelby, best wishes today.

Lauren, good to see you back! I've experienced not having a cell phone on my trip-I'm pretty spoiled!

Mmc, good job OP! PITA about your sitter. I'll trust, it will work out. I can sure see it's not thrilling when your son gets the "goodies" somewhere else-but not at home. Even with DH, when I want to "treat" him I make a good choice.

Heidi, I'm so glad when I hear you say how blessed you are. Just think how far you've come and how healthy you are.

Twynn, I'm glad you took the plunge and fed the big kids healthier food! You would never know, otherwise.

Cottage, I've been wondering if all your snow is gone. It must be the girls spring break...have fun!

Sophie, Glad you had such a nice trip!

KimStar, I'm really glad you're feeling good and having success! You can keep it up a day at a time!

Ok, off to plan our day. We were going to leave today but booked an additional night. After all it took to get here it's just $120 and since we're not eating in restaurants the rest is pretty cheap. BTW-the shopping is great here. We mostly bought books, but I did get a Mayan skirt yesterday at the upscale thrift store. I think it will look pretty with my Indian jewelry and it has a good option for taking it in since I don't plan on staying at this weight long term!
Old 03-23-2010, 08:02 AM   #14  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Hi ladies

Debbie WOW What an accomplishment!! Your awesome!!

Cyndi don't get stuck in the mud!! THat made me giggle!!!

Chelby good luck with the scan

Twynn I am not a morning person!! and I still don't like the time change!!

MMC- I agree you need to nip it in the bud! She should do what you ask her to do.

Linda Have fun with the new wii game

Heide You will make it with those last four pounds. Your an inspiration. I wnat to lose about the same amount as you.

Me- not much going on here just work. Funny story yesterday. I left the back door open so the dogs could come in and out of the house. My black lab chased a bird into the house. I had to lock the dogs up in other rooms and SHOOOO the bird out of the house!! Made for an interesting morning.

Hope you all have a great day.
Tammie
Old 03-23-2010, 08:17 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning again! Much more chipper now...

Heidi - did you do measurements too? A lot of times, I didn't lose much weight, but was really losing the inches. I remember seeing myself in the mirror at my lowest weight, and couldn't believe that was me!

Cottage - sounds like a lovely day! I hope you enjoy!

MMCK - great on the son and the boss, sorry to hear about the sitter. Is she open enough to discuss it with you?

Mary Jane - welcome back!

Debbie - saw your pictures. SO JEALOUS!!!

Chelby - good luck today, keep us posted!!

Tammie - have a great day. Glad you were able to shoo the bird out!

OK, OK, I admit it...I feel much better about the run now!!! It was a great run. Not sure if it's because I watched my stride more (they say you short stride, so it takes more work...I believe it!), or if it's because I watched Harrison Ford .

It got me thinking...I've been enjoying the running more with the weather, and I've kept toying with the idea of a half marathon. I've only worked up to 5 miles this year, but I could do 13, right?!? There's a couple of them that might work, I'll keep you posted!

Have a great one!

PS - I think the staff hates me with my diet and exercise in the morning....WAY TOO chipper!!
Closed Thread