South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 05:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Movin' & Shakin' on the Beach

Happy Monday! I'm starting my week with an extra big mug of latte, and there's plenty for anyone who wants some.

It's still too dark to see what's happening outside, but I think it's supposed to be raining. I have a few things to do around the house, and wait for a phone call from insurance, then I want to run out to the farm to check on things and visit with Richard's parents. I haven't heard from my girls, and don't believe I will, but I hope they're enjoying their vacation in Tasmania.

Let's all get moving and shaking today and make it a good start to the week!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:00 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning Linda

I'm in the same boat here. lol It's too dark to see anything and I'm also dying to know what it looks like out there. We had rain/sleet/snow off and on most of yesterday but beautiful sunshine just before the sun went down. I've already got my head in 'spring mode' so I'm not happy at the thought of more snow today, but I got my winter jacket and gloves back out for morning recess duty.

Last edited by Heidi58; 03-22-2010 at 06:00 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:10 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Not sure what it's doing here either though the forecast says rain. We lucked out yesterday and had a nicer, slightly warmer day than forecast. Hope for the same today.

Cottage - Enjoy your vacation

Heidi - yesterday I went for a walk with a light jacket and gloves. I always end up with far too many clothes around in the spring because I never know how to dress. Happy recessing

I'm not sure what this week holds for me. So far it's very lightly scheduled but that often changes. I do have two mailings to get out so may schedule a WFH day. I never seem to get anything like that finished with all the interruptions in the office.

Time for another cup of coffee. Here's to a calm and drama free start to the work week for all of us
Old 03-22-2010, 06:30 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Hi guys! It's also too dark here to see what is going on. I love the light later into the day, but the morning is depressing. When the alarm goes off, I always feel there must be some mistake.

I've slacked off on the spring challenge. When does the next one start?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Morning chicks!

Cottage - hope your vacation is invigorating. I think it'd be great to have some days at home with no set working schedule. Maybe then I'd get caught up on this housework? (do you know what 1 dog and 4 cats (never mind the kids) do to a house!!)

Heidi - Have a great day!

Cyndi - I giggle, because "WFH" is not engrained in my wee brain yet. THe closest thing is "WTF", and I use the same words for W and F. LOL. I think I got it now .

MMCK - I hear ya on the slackin' thing. Better luck on the next one!! (Me too!)

Me - the scale was kind to me today, although didn't eat very well the last 2 days. I did have a fantastic short run yesterday, didn't go far, but went fast for me. I need to do that more often, it is empowering!!

Today is busy, busy. Work, DD's stuff, and then I'm making supper for church group tonight. I did premake what I could yesterday. Nope, the meal is close to SBD, but the desserts are not. It's a bunch of skinny college students!!

It is already raining here. That's okay, my beautiful little flowers coming up need it!!

Have a great day!

Last edited by TwynnB; 03-22-2010 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Twynn, I DO know how much havoc several pets can wreak in a house. Cindy has 3 dogs, and it's a constant battle to keep up with the hair and whatever they track in. They're such loyal animals, though, and always so happy and eager to greet people. Have you ever heard of a pet in a bad mood?

Mmc, it's nice to have you back with us in the mornings!

Cyndi, I keep my out-of-season wardrobe in the closet in one of the spare bedrooms, and this time of year I'm constantly back and forth between the two. I hope it's a calm and drama-free work week for you this week.

Heidi, I hope your weather leans more towards Spring today!
Old 03-22-2010, 07:47 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Linda. I'm a happy camper here at Zion Natl Park and am definitely looking forward to some moving and shaking today. Sorry about the rain, but at least we know it always passes. Enjoy your vacation day.

Heidi, I hope it's not snow, but you sound well prepared.

Cyndi, I definitely hope your day is drama free!

Mmc, best wishes as you re-master P1.

Twynn, your supper sounds fun. I'm glad to hear you're getting out for runs! And yes, I fully understand what the critter factor does to the house...it's always something!

We are in the perfect place! I already went for a bike ride last night. The weather is just right, the possibly for hiking is literally endless, and we have a gourmet pet room complete with a pecan tree and horses in the back. Oh, and a new grocery just opened with salad bar and all the options we need to eat at "home" and stay OP. Last night we bought a roasted chicken to enjoy with the salad and bean brownies we brought from home. After this long winter, I am absolutely ELATED to be here! I'll keep you all posted.

I'm really grateful today. The only reason I'm able to do this is because I've stayed OP for so long, and the main reason that is happened is because I have such a great support network with you all here.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-22-2010, 07:49 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I really hate Mondays.

I woke up to about 100 tiny ants in the BATHROOM. Ick. And my exterminator (DW who deals with all things bugs) is away until Friday.

I want to call out of work too, but won't. So I should leave now. Egads! I am full of you know what n' vinegar huh?

Cottage: Rain here too. Boo!
Heidi: Morning *crosses fingers for no snow*
Cyn: I hear you. I have to write a report and think I'd do better at home.
MMc: You should start the next one
Twynn: I hate busy days. Especially Mondays! Grrrrr.
Debbie: I saw the pics on FB. Glad you are having a great time!!!

Last edited by jenne1017; 03-22-2010 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good Monday morning! It is an adjustment here because when you were all experiencing the time change last weekend, we were vacationing in a time zone that made it feel like no change! Now I am up and it is dark!

Linda - I do like a latte. Catch me up... any exciting plans for your time while the girls are away?

Heidi - It always seems wrong to me to have snow this late. I can't remember the latest snow when I was growing up in MA but I know it was later than this even.

Cyndi - I hope your week stays that way. Calm and drama free is good.

Mmc - I think we go to April 4th with this one. I guess that is coming up pretty soon now.

Twynn - I had the same thought about those letters! LOL. Have a great day.

Debbie - That sounds wonderful! But I always think the same just about you being in CO. I could soooo live there someday. How long are you staying in Utah?

Jenn - Yuck! I make DH do all the bug stuff too. But I will kill them if he is not around because I always imagine them moving and then I can't find the but know they are there!

I agree with Debbie about the support here... I feel different this time around thanks to all you amazing chicks. I'd say more but I am sure you all know exactly what I mean.

So today I would have been back in the exercise groove with cycling and yoga but that is not going to happen. I think I will make an appointment to see an orthopedic later in the week and go if my shoulder is not better by then. If I can ever get in that soon! Can I tell you how bummed I am to be out of commission like this!!!? I hate, hate the idea of losing my exercise routine. Sigh. So back on the boring elliptical today. And maybe a walk outside if it is not too messy with melting snow.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Well, I had a really bad day yesterday, and I need to confess, haha. My best friend was home and at her parents house, visiting on her spring break, so i went over and they were having a birthday party for her. OMG. I counted every calorie, but I was at 2500 for the day, and none of it was good food (Southern barbeque). I made a conscious choice, and when I weighed in today I hadn't lost an ounce. I know I'm retaining water and feeling gross from yesterday, plus my stomach hurts.

Additionally, this week I started weight training and biking, which is working muscle groups I've never worked before, and causing me to retain even more water. Plus, it's TOM! I created a calorie deficit every other day, but it's amazing how quickly my body can hold onto sodium and make me bloat.

I'm going back OP religiously this week, and I think I'm going to feel better for it. I actually felt sick yesterday after eating all of that stuff, which is a big change. I didn't do great, but at least I listened to my body a little bit.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:38 AM   #11  
Be happy.

Hello again!

I'm checking in from school - and it's not raining or snowing. It's very dark and grim looking though so we're going outside early in case we're not able to get outside again later on today. (I've got my priorities straight! lol)

Cyndi, I just saw your dinner plans in the other thread.... I really would like to come board at your house for a while.

Mmc, re: the spring challenge. Don't throw in the towel - you've still got 2 weeks left. How about setting the goal of a perfect score from now til April 4th? (We'll do another one after 4/4 though if enough people are interested. I know they're really helped me.)

Jenn, you CAN'T call in sick - you'd miss that awesome escalator work out!

Hello Karen & Jenny
Old 03-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #12  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Good Monday morning!

Missed ya all over the weekend since I wasn't posting. It was a rather quiet weekend (thankfully) after the tequila binge on St. Patrick's Day. There was grilling out and much guitar hero. Much much much guitar hero. LOL

Felt really nauseated Thursday - Saturday. Don't know if it was brought on by the alcohol binge or what. I have low blood sugar a lot so SB is a good option to keep me level... but I neeeeeded the carbs over those few days. So I bought legal roasted garlic triscuits, had some brown rice stir fry.. that sort of thing. Too quickly "moved to phase 2" but I'll go back down to minimal grains again now that I feel better.

It's so nice out. I really need to get back to walkin the dog which I didn't do last week.

^^ slacker. lol

Have a beautiful day!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:10 AM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

blah. I am still at home. The ants seem to have multiplied. But leaving now. I want to call out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But won't. Escalator, here I come...
Old 03-22-2010, 10:13 AM   #14  
Be happy.

Good Girl Jenn. Get going!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:16 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Another sunny day after yesterday's torrent! Back to the Magic Kingdom today! We are all having a great time.
Closed Thread