Old 03-21-2010, 05:15 PM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default Been walking my little legs off in Paris

Just had a quick break, 3 nights, away in beautiful Paris. I've walked my legs off and eaten very sensibly. The scales will tell tomorrow.

It would hardly seem possible but on the first night, I walked into my reserved restaurant to have the manager tell me I look just like Susan Boyle. He called his wife over to see if she agreed.

Chickies with long memories will remember how horrified I was when a till operator said the same thing to me a year or so ago. At the risk of getting beaten up again, I still say that she's not someone I'd choose for a role model, as she was marketed to us in the UK as 'ugly woman with voice of angel'. I put the till woman down to her being a foreigner and picking up on my Scottish accent. However, I don't speak French with a Scottish accent, and the guy in the restaurant hadn't heard me sing, so it was down to looks alone. Perhaps if I plucked my eyebrows.....

Clearly, if I want to stop looking like a stocky woman with a double chin, the only solution is to stop being one. I'm hoping that this eye-opener - and the undoubted kilos I MUST have lost :wink: will drive me forward.

Let the plodding (re) commence.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:57 PM   #2  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I say play up the celebrity status if at all possible (a free glass of champagne maybe? heh heh)

lucky, lucky you!! re Paris!

good luck tomorrow. I totally sucked at my plodding this weekend. too much good weather after an awful super snowy winter. I was out and about eating out way too much. lots of walking (and gnoshing, sigh)
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:18 PM   #3  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I don't think that you look a bit like Susan Boyle, even though she is looking much better these days! Paris sounds wonderful and you are getting your exercise walking. I am glad that you are going to plod along with us. The only way you can fail is to quit trying.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:00 AM   #4  
Happy Plodder

Thanks guys, I am so not quitting!
Even although someone's sneaked iron bars into my pockets when I got on the scales this morning.

Whose fault? My fault. I'll keep going.

I'm fortunate enough to be returning to Paris in June. Concentrate.

Last edited by Rosinante; 03-22-2010 at 05:00 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
I'm fortunate enough to be returning to Paris in June. Concentrate.
Hi Rosinante! I am going to Paris in August. My nephew is living in the Netherlands and marrying a Dutch girl, so I'm there for the wedding in August and then some side trips. I have only been to Paris once and your wonderful descriptions make me think I need to go again. Any other recommendations for me????
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #6  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Rosinante I think you look younger and thinner than Susan Boyle.

How is Paris in the Spring? Beautiful, I bet.

All the walking should help the scale go down soon.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Ok, department of true confessions....

I think I look a little bit like Susan Boyle...I also think she's pretty... not before when she was frumpy, but she cleans up nice....

In her recent pix she's all glammed up and thoroughly photoshopped and I'm sure THAT's who they think you look like!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:33 PM   #8  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I think Susan Boyle looks quite good now that she's had her hair done and all. Plus, happiness will do wonders for your looks! She is radiant now. So, I would take it as the compliment it was likely meant. And maybe get a free glass of antioxidant-rich red wine out of it. I'm glad you had such a good time in Paris regardless!
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Have fun in Paris--I was just there in November--ran down the Seine and around Notre' Dame and climbed the Eiffel as far as one is able--to tower 2 I guess...

Anyway have fun! I do NOT think you look a thing like the singer lady! But use it for all it's worth! Maybe if you said she was your older sister or something they would give you something for free!!!! In any case there were plenty of bountiful French babes running all over Paris--whomever wrote, "French women don't get fat" needs to take another trip through France!

ETA: Back about ten years ago I had a woman tell me at an estate sale I looked just like Monica Lewinsky. I always thought Monica was beautiful despite public opinion on her looks. I didn't like the comparison though for obvious reasons.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 03-22-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

I don't think you look anything like Susan Boyle.

Keep going and the scales will cooperate soon.
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:19 AM   #11  
Happy Plodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergirl View Post
Ok, department of true confessions....

I think I look a little bit like Susan Boyle...I also think she's pretty... not before when she was frumpy, but she cleans up nice....

In her recent pix she's all glammed up and thoroughly photoshopped and I'm sure THAT's who they think you look like!
Ah, you could well be right! I haven't seen any recent pictures.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:20 AM   #12  
Happy Plodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitChick View Post
I think Susan Boyle looks quite good now that she's had her hair done and all. Plus, happiness will do wonders for your looks! She is radiant now. So, I would take it as the compliment it was likely meant. And maybe get a free glass of antioxidant-rich red wine out of it. I'm glad you had such a good time in Paris regardless!
I got free wine and coffee! I was certainly really happy to be in Paris, so maybe I Was radiating!