South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 06:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default first Weekend In Spring Beach Chat

Happy First Day of SPRING!

I'll be back with my coffee in a minute!
Old 03-20-2010, 06:48 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning! I'm here with my tea, just waiting for some company. lol

The first day of Spring is going to be gorgeous here! I'm looking forward to a long walk this morning and hopefully I'll get some raking done this afternoon. Our shady backyard has still got snow but the front yard is pretty bare and the little bit that's left there should melt today. There's snow in the forecast for Monday/Tuesday, but I'll just enjoy one day at a time. lol

Enjoy your Saturday friends!
Old 03-20-2010, 06:52 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Spring Chicks I was up late and can't believe I'm awake already. I can't stay in bed on a nice day

Cottage - Happy spring to you

Heidi - I'm ignoring that forecast. Our snow is all gone except for plow piles. Enjoy that walk

We will stick close to home this weekend and do some spring cleaning. I'm also planning yard work including getting the row cover up over one of my beds and peas and kale planted. I just can't wait any longer

Right now I need some more coffee though. I'm at the hour post wake-up wish I'd gone back to sleep instead point.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:01 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning Cyndi

I'm anxious to get our garden started too. It's a bit too early for us to start yet though. I'm kind of envious of you though. lol
Old 03-20-2010, 07:09 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Heidi - I cheat I have this great mini greenhouse thing that fits over the row. If I put that out now it will keep things warm and protected when the temps drop. I always put my peas in too late so am hoping to get it right this year.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:19 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for the Spring wake up call, Linda.

I had a chatty post going, but pushed the wrong button...so have a great weekend everyone! We're off as soon as we get the car packed up. I got out of dog evals so we have the whole day to get to our destination which means lots of fun stops.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:19 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Ah. Sounds great Cyndi.
We grew peas for years but the deer always get more of them than we do so the past few years we haven't bothered with them. We're anxious to get our Swiss Chard in though.

Good morning Debbie
Have a safe trip and enjoy lots of fun stops!

Last edited by Heidi58; 03-20-2010 at 07:21 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:20 AM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all! Sounds like eveyone is in a sunny planting mood!
Everthing here is starting to turn green and sprouting...along with the pollen that has made me sick as a dog! I can usually fight it off, but this year it got me big time...cough, cough!! Going to do some stuff around the house, but should take it easy. Haven't been to the gym in a week and I feel all tired and sluggish...ick.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

OK, I'm back!

Heidi, all our snow is finally gone and I think it's safe to say we're done with it for the year. The forecast is for rain and mild temps next week, but I can deal with that. It's going to be a glorious day here, and I'm going to be out in the sunshine as much as possible. Enjoy your walk!

Cyndi, I was looking at the garden yesterday, but Jake wants to get a load of supersoil on it before we do any planting. We tried the lasagna method throught the winter, but we still need more soil. I'm going to have a couple yards of it delivered next week. Jake is looking into making row covers with pvc piping and some heavy gauge plastic, and he'll probably be working on it today.

So, we're off for some breakfast and some grocery shopping, then back home in time for Amber and Tyler to be dropped off. They are spending the afternoon with us, and I'm thinking of taking them to the park down the street, since our back yard is still too muddy for them to play in. We're going to be outside as much as possible today and enjoy this weather while it lasts.

Debbie and Karen, safe travels today!

Kara, did Tom make it home all right?

Good morning, Cat! Sorry that the spring allergies are getting to you! I'd better start taking something for mine before they get bad, too! Feel better soon!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 03-20-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:44 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

Happy Spring everyone! How about thoughts for a new beginning...for me, it will be back to Phase 1 as of tomorrow for 2 full weeks, and a change in attitude. I am starting CBT on Wednesday to deal with my perfectionism issues and I'm excited about it. I also realized that I have had a sinus infection, rather than just a cold for the last two weeks. Since I started an antibiotic I feel so much better.

Heidi, Cyndi and Cottage - I am SO jealous of your gardens. We live in an apartment and I would love a garden so much (almost as much as my husband would like a garage). Some day it will happen for us!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-20-2010, 08:13 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow ladies!! It is a such a gorgeous day, I have to at least pop in and say hello. I've been fantasizing about my garden as well. A friend that has a farm said I could plant some greens in 1-2 weeks!!! WAHOO!! Turnips, maybe collards. I need to plan it out soon, since we're having an invisible fence put in , and I want it to go around the garden so she doesn't run through it.

Have a FABULOUS day!!
Old 03-20-2010, 09:42 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whahhhh! I want to be home and in the garden.

Gprgepus day here and we are going to Melbourne which is on the ocean. I may wade! Really having a relaxing and fun time.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:02 AM   #13  
Be happy.

Hi Ruth
Enjoy your day at the ocean! I'm glad you're having a great time.

Twynn, that's a good plan with the fence! Our little dog loves to dig in soft soil. She dug up a section of newly marigolds several years ago. She was only about 3 feet away from my DH but he was 'distracted'.

Mmck - glad you're starting to feel better. And Cat - I hope you feel better soon.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

We're on the road and battery life is limited. I'll save some for later. I think someone should start the Spring gardening thread!
Old 03-20-2010, 11:57 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/159

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies

It has been an extremely busy week around here, which is why I haven't been around in the last couple of days. We're getting ready to leave bright and early tomorrow morning to go on a cruise for a week... it seems as though I always have more things that pop up that I need to address just before I go... I don't know why that is...

I have been staying completely OP in spite of being busy, I just haven't gotten over here or done my written meal plans.

Obviously I won't be staying totally OP next week, but I have a plan for staying about 90% OP and I hope that's enough to prevent a gain while we're gone. We go quite often, so I have to learn to eat well on a ship or I'm going to be in trouble.

I'll do my Monday morning weigh-in tomorrow morning, but I'm not quite sure what to expect from the scale (TOM).

It sounds like everyone here is ready for Spring... Enjoy it.
Closed Thread