South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 05:24 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Hump Day Happenings

Good Morning

It's very spring-like here in sunny Colorado. I'm happy to report that although we may get another storm or two, I now believe we've successfully made it through the winter. I had a super busy day yesterday and I'd better head up for some skiing while I still can. At this moment I feel like I could go back to bed for a bit, so I think I'll survey the kitchen and evaluate-with coffee, of course!

How is your Wednesday shaping up? Stop by and say hello . Coffee and tea await!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 03-17-2010 at 05:26 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

Top 'o the 'mornin to you Debbie, and thank you for starting our Wednesday up. Are you still evaluating, or did you go back to bed? I think the worst of winter is behind us here, too. We've certainly paid our dues this year, that's for sure!

It's going to be a glorious next few days with lots of sun and warm weather! I'm wearing my light green top and feel very Springy today. And I only have today and tomorrow to work before I'm off for two whole weeks. I did promise Cindy that I'd stop by the farm occasionally, though, to check on things and I plan to tidy the house and restock the kitchen with groceries before they get back. But that will only take a tiny bit out of my time, and I won't mind.
Today I'll be spending the morning with Richard's parents, and I always look forward to that. The girls have guitar lessons after school, but other than that, the day looks pretty much uneventful. I'll have to come up with a few Leprechaun surprises for them.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:12 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good St. Patrick's morning to you all!

Debbie, I hope you have a fun day skiing! It's nice to do something enjoyable after a busy day!

Linda, I've been planning a day of Leprechaun surprises, too! The kids had scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese and cut up kiwi for breakfast (orange and green) and Connor took a Granny Smith apple with white cheddar and carrots for his school snack (green, white, and orange). I've got butternut squash soup in the crockpot for our Lenten soup supper before church service tonight and I made a non-SBD legal loaf of Irish Soda Bread to take with. I am also taking a plate of Irish Potato candies but I won't eat them either.

I just finished cleaning the upstairs bathroom and dusting, sweeping, and vacuuming the bedrooms and now I need to get the girls to school because I have to run downtown to exchange that book for Connor. Only two more sleeps until Tom gets home!
Old 03-17-2010, 06:20 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Top 'o the 'morning to you to, Linda. Sorry I didn't have my "holiday" thinking cap on when I started the thread this AM. My ski jacket is RED! I'd better keep thinking. Yes, I'm up and thanks to coffee I've found my SBD mojo. I've got beans and pasta cooking. I've got a new idea for mac and cheese, and used the last of my beans last night. Glad to hear your weather is glorious! The timing couldn't be better for your vacation at home!

Hi Kara. I read "Irish Potato Candles"-now I get it. What a fun day with all your Irish festivities! Wow! 2 days left! You've done great OP while Tom has been gone! Congrats!

Old 03-17-2010, 06:22 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

I wouldn't eat candles either. Just to clarify.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:31 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Top 'o the mornin' to ye, ladies!

Debbie, I hope you're enjoying a snooze now and enjoy some spring skiing later on today.

Linda, I wonder what leprechaun surprises you'll come up with? Enjoy your spring like day and your visit with Richard's family.

Kara, your St Patrick's day treats are putting mine to shame. l've got several planned for the kids at school and one for the teens at youth group tonight, but I stick to "green" and "easy".

This will be the first March 17th in decades that I won't be eating corned beef and cabbage for supper. My parents have always celebrated St. Patrick's Day with that meal and Fergie caught that bug when we were dating, so we've fixed it every year we've been married too. But Fergie's still in PA and I don't really care for corned beef, so..... (I'll have some green broccoli with my salmon and I'll be all set. )

Well, time to put my shamrock socks on and head out the door. Enjoy your Wednesday friends!
Old 03-17-2010, 06:33 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Oops - unless you're posting in your sleep I guess you're not snoozing yet Debbie. Go back to bed and dream about potato candles. lol
Old 03-17-2010, 06:54 AM   #8  

Happy St. Paddy's Day to you, Heidi! I'm thinking of putting some green food coloring in all the toilets, for one thing. And while the girls are having their guitar lessons, I'm going to empty out their backpacks and scatter their books and papers around the table and sprinkle some green glitter around them.

Kara, good luck staying away from the Irish soda bread! This is the first year in a long time that I haven't made any, just for the reason that I can't keep myself from gobbling it up. I never cared for the Irish Potatoes, so they wouldn't tempt me at all.

I thought I had more cabbage in the fridge, but I'm all out. I'll have to run over to the store to pick up some, and I'm going to lightly braise it with tofurky sausage for supper.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I, laddies, top o' the mornin' to ya!

Yesterday was SUCH a GORGEOUS day!! I couldn't help myself. But, crazy boss lady made me work . So, when I got home, I told the DH he could either give the kids a snack, and I'll make dinner later, or make dinner himself. He of course, opted for the snack option (which worked out well, b/c the neighbors invited them over!!). and, I went on a run! It was glorious. I pushed myself a bit, probably because the Reesie pup was about dragging me, she was super wound up!

It was a good day on plan too. I've had a slight headache in the evenings, I'm not sure if that's phase I, or my blasted neck!

Lexiss - you're apparently like me, st. patty's day is just another day. Some think I'm Irish b/c of my strawberry blonde hair (but I'm not). And, I don't like beer .

Cottage - may your next two weeks be as fabulous as the weather yesterday!! It'll go by oh-so-quickly!

Kara - I think I've tried those potato candies, and didn't care for them. Were they super sweet? Great job on being OP while tom is gone!!

Heidi - I IM'd my DH to ask...I made the corned beef last year, and don't remember liking it much. He agreed. So, it's spaghetti for us!! Woo-woo!

Have a great st. patty's day!

Last edited by TwynnB; 03-17-2010 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:31 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Hmm, is it Irish Coffee this morning?! Not Irish here either, emphatically not on my Dad's side so we don't usually do or eat anything special.

last morning at my parents so no personals again. I don't want to tie up the phone line too long and need to check-in a few more places.

An update from work did sneak into my bubble here and it is very much as I predicted. It is unlikely I will have an agency to work in soon, perhaps by year end. It is the scenario I saw but still disheartening. Plenty to think about on my drive.

I'm planning a relaxing drive home in fabulous spring weather. I'll make my usual thrift store and coffee stop half way then head over the mountains. Dinner tonight will be Co-op take-out because I'll have enough to do at home (like cat petting!). It's nice to be looking ahead to a lovely weekend with some basketball, pea planting (can I plant some greens too?) and birding adventures. Not bad for a hump day

Have a green and sunny hump day!
Old 03-17-2010, 07:49 AM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

Heidi, I love that you have shamrock socks!

Linda, does the green food coloring not stain the toilet bowl? I'll be OK with the Irish Soda Bread because that facial and pedicure is in only two days and I am not canceling it now! I am going to make a SBD-friendly version on Friday so we can all enjoy it Saturday for breakfast, though.

Tammy, Irish Potatoes are super sweet and they are one of my most favorite things of all time. I think because my mom would make them for us every year and it was a very special treat. We only have them for this one day. This year I will not have any today (think pedicure!) but I am saving some for Tom and I am planning on eating one or two on Saturday. It won't kill me, and I only saved a couple out of the batch I made for the kids' teachers, so I won't be put off track.

Cyndi, have a safe trip! I'm glad you're enjoying your time at your parents'. I'm sorry to hear about the work situation, but glad that you're finally getting an actual answer there so you can move forward.

I made it home from the bookstore before Connor got back from school so I'm going to practice my flute for tonight until he rings the bell.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:36 AM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

you girls make me laugh

Top o' the morning to ya. Or something. This time change thing is still messing with me. It's hard enough to get up normally but the fact that it's black out, makes me sooooo depressed!

Coffee meeting this AM then to CVS (drug store across from my building) for some nuts - didn't pack anything for today and feel so disorganized and unprepared!! All this homework is the pits that way though learning about my Myers-Briggs style is fun!

I vow, no beer today Happy Hump Day!

Last edited by jenne1017; 03-17-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:40 AM   #13  

Cyndi, I hope all your thoughts are positive ones on your drive home. This just may be the best thing to happen, and you'll soon find a new position where you'll be happy and have a lot less stress and worry. Life has it's many twists and turns, but everything usually works out for the best.

Kara, so far the food coloring hasn't affected the toilet bowls, but if it would, I'm sure a little cleaning with bleach would take care of it.

Tammy, I hope you enjoyed your run this morning. It's so pretty out, what a pleasant change after the winter we've experienced!

I just did my 3 mile run on the Wii Fit and 10 minutes of advanced step aerobics, and now I'd better get ready to leave! See you all later!

ETA -

Morning, Jenne! You snuck there! I hope that coffee perks you up and gets you through a great day!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 03-17-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:08 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hello ladies. I so miss having time for personals.

I am another one who would normally let St. Pats just pass me by. Red hair, not Irish. But our friends on the trip have clearly said they will pinch us if we don't wear green! DH and I took off our only green the other day to wear today instead And we had a hard time finding a place that would take a dinner reservation tonight so will be having Chinese at the condo. Not the best for SB, or course. There is a torchlight parade and fireworks on the mountain and we can see it from our condo, so should be fun.

Debbie - We have had wonderful warm sunny days for skiing but expect snow on our travel days! No idea how much so we will need to decide if we change our plans. Enjoy the slopes.

I miss hanging out here and keeping up.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone! I have been in a SB slump the past couple of weeks and probably should have checked in here to kick myself out of it, but I did not. The good news is that I grumpily stuck with the diet and the scale is moving downwards again! Yay! I am going to try checking in here more often from now on and posting my menus in the OP thread to hopefully prevent another long period of blahs!

You all and your St. Patrick's Day talk are making me feel a bit un-festive. I have nothing fun planned for my kids, aside from having sent the little ones to school in green. Maybe I will make them some green mashed potatoes with their dinner tonight.

Hope everyone has a great day!

K
Closed Thread