View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 09:54 AM   #38
pihlaja

Height: 5'1"

Screen Name:
pihlaja

Age/Age Range:
20s--I haven't hit the big 3-0 yet, but I'd like to be much trimmer when I do!

Family Life:

I share my life with one boyfriend, four cats and a hairy dog.

Eternal student (it feels that way, anyway) in French and Nursing.

Hobbies and Interests:
Photography, some web design (though I haven't done it in ages), belly dancing, and I've just taken up sewing. I also like gardening and this year I will be trying my hand at container gardening since the townhome we are renting doesn't have a yard.

Favourite Music:
Honestly? Just about anything. I listen to a good deal of French radio these days, though--so whatever they happen to be playing at the time is what I'll listen to.

Favourite Colour(s):
Dark red, greens, some yellows

Favourite Exercise/Workouts:
Ahahahaha, what's that?

What are your fitness/health goals? :
I guess I'm lucky that even though I'm plump, I'm still relatively healthy. But in the long run, I'd like to be able to run up my stairs after a cat with ease.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? :
I'm not sure there was any one, singular, defining moment for me. It was just years of build-up, really. I guess I finally just told myself, "You can't be roly-poly forever. This has GOT to stop" and really meant it.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? :
Exercise. I hate it. And eating enough food--surprisingly enough. Calorie counting has helped this to some extent--I can have what I want (within reason) as long as I have the calories for it and the app I have on my iPhone helps to remind me to eat enough calories for the day.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? :
Eat more fruit. Drink LOTS more water (I drink mostly water and tea, but not nearly enough water). Start exercising.

Who do you want to look better than? :
Marilyn Monroe!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? :
A plethora of retro-style dresses with high-heel shoes!

pihlaja is offline   Reply With Quote