Old 03-16-2010, 12:17 PM   #23
carlasherea
Start 2010/Reboot 2014

S/C/G: 205/178/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by floorshine View Post
Hey there everyone

I have been reading this site for awhile now and decided to join IP. I am getting married in July and would like to lose 30-40 pounds by then. I have 60 pounds to lose total but i am setting a realistic goal i think for july. My first weigh in I lost 9.4 pounds which i think is fantastic. My second weigh in is on friday. I know it is unhealthy but i am constantly going on the scale everyday( maybe multiple times a day) to see how much i weigh and this week i seem to be going up and down. I havent cheated at all which im really happy about. Ive had no craving and i feel like i have tons of energy. I am glad i found people who are in the same boat as i am. I am finding it very encouaging to read all your posts.
I think weighing everyday can be very hurtful to your diet. I for one would get very discouraged if I kept seeing that I was going up and then down when I know that I am eating like I am supposed to and following the plan. Seeing numbers go up would make me want to cheat because "Its not working anyway!" I am committed to only weighing at my Doctor's office. I haven't had my weigh in yet, I go tomorrow I am hoping there is a loss on the scale, but if not "THE SCALE LIES, TRUST YOUR SIZE"

I can tell the difference in all my clothes