Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 08-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #1  
Excited!

S/C/G: 260/See Ticker!/150

Height: 5'2''

Default Montel Williams endorsed Health Master??

I've been seeing tons of infomercials lately about the health master blender indorsed by Montel Williams. Has anyone purchased this and liked it?? It seems perfect for me, being very veggie-challenged lol. I'm not sure if "buy into" the fact that it makes everything taste great, but those kids sure do like it!

Has anyone had success?
onic28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:20 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

For a while, Montel was doing ads for Vitamix. I'm guessing either Vitamix dropped him or health master offered him more money. Which is truly what it is about, money and being paid to endorse a product.

I have a vitamix and I love it though.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:00 PM   #3  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I just recently seen the infomercial.

I think it would be a great way to get in extra fruits & veggies...the healthy way. If you can mix spinach & melons & other stuff into a drink and it taste good (with no sweetner added) then I'm all for it.

Anyone else have an experience?
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:14 PM   #4  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

Can't comment on Montel's product, but I've got a Vitamix and you'd be surprised (or at least, I am) at how good veggie juices taste. A massive amount of spinach blended with half an apple tastes like... apple.

Last edited by Fressca; 01-26-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:22 PM   #5  

Grrr I want a Vitamix so badly. Until then, I have a Ninja, and it works wonderfully. It purees my spinach in my smoothies into near nothingness, enough that DH will drink it.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:05 PM   #6  
Nogitsune

S/C/G: 195/ticker/140

Height: 5'7 3/4

I love this thing. My mother does too and she doesn't eat veggies. I usually have to make her.
thenogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I saw the informercial also, how does the cooking work? I couldn't quite figure out how they got how soup from the cold raw veggies in just a few minutes. Did I miss something?
Sarah
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #8  
Just Me

"hot" is kind of warm but I'm not sure I'd say it is boiling hot. Basically, the blender creates friction, lots of it because it is spinning so fast. I've done it accidentally with my blender while making a smoothie, if I let it go for too long, the smoothie will warm up. I usually add ice to make sure I have a cool smoothie.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

The way the commercial shows it, it looks like it's really hot with the steam coming off. Like a combination microwave and blender. LOL But I can see how the friction if you keep it on a long time would build up heat.

My sister's BIL was a photographer for Better Homes and Garden and he always had stories about how they make all the food look so good. Most of the time it's not eatable like Crisco for vanilla ice cream, shellac to make things shiny etc.

Last edited by sarahyu; 03-15-2010 at 03:37 PM.
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:14 PM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

I had been thinking about ordering the Health Master (endorsed by Montel), but after reading many unhappy reviews, I think I may 'bite the bullet' and get a Vitamix. They are a little bit more, but made in the USA and from what I have read, have a great product with great customer service. I keep seeing reviews on HM that say the container leaks a brown, rust like liquid out of the bottom after a few uses and then Many statements on how poor the customer service is. Google Health Master reviews and read up on it before you decide. Hope this helps!
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #11  
Just Me

Oh and didn't realize this wasn't the Vitamix. I have the Vitamix which can make things warm from friction.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:50 AM   #12  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

nail-lady, I did the same thing. Did some research and read some not so great reviews and bit the bullet and got a vitamix a couple of weeks ago.
It's wonderful. Made some black bean soup with it yesterday and some hummus. Oh and the iced coffee is a food group all in itself!
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote