Height: 5'4"

Post Core weekly chat: March 15- March 21

NEW PAGES!!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good Morning.

There are posts from late yesterday on last week's thread, if you want to catch up.

We're off to Ft. Worth today to take my friend to lunch at Reata (fancy place) then to the Cowgirl Museum. I splurged last night, so back to restraint today.

Torture Todd is taking the week off, so I'm on my own for weights this week.

I leave on Wednesday for a trip to NYC and Washington to visit friends and family. DH is staying home (but, he does feel better).

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 03-15-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm so glad to see that all is well in your worlds. I've a crazy busy week this week. JC and many tests and appointments. Friday is my only day off and I shall be in my pajamas all day! I'm ashamed to say I'm looking forward to it.

Despite my restraint, low calories, and 2 days of exercise, it appears that I've stayed the same this week. My scale was wrong last week so I won't be grumpy until I see what Jenny's scale says.

The puppies were adorable and we'd be happy with any of the four of them. They still haven't decided which would be the show dogs. We really like two of them so we have to wait and see since we are only bringing one home. We probably will pick him or her up on April 17. We have names all ready to go.

Have a great day. I'll be back way later after my eye doctor appointment.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #4  

Morning ladies! It's so gorgeous outside right now...we could get up to 60 degrees. I actually hung clothes out on the line today for the first time this year. My fingers were a little chilly with wet clothes in the shade, but I don't care!

Vickie, you could be getting your new addition right about the same time we do!

I have a busy week - it's my middle daughter's 9th birthday this week, I have to sing for a church thing, I am going out to see a movie with friends, and my baby shower is coming up. Oh yes, and spring break for the girls is next week. I'm actually glad I'm keeping busy because it makes the days go by faster.

I hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #5  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Oh another day of rain,and than a day of drying up tomorrow and on than on Wednesday St.Patrick's Day. will be sunny and so the remainder of the week.Got on the scale & I lost another pound this week,I guess the 1200 c is working.

SANDRA-We are going to something about this guy.Next week we are going to sing the Irish songs,regard less of what he says.I would have done it this week but she a new director and didn't want to make waves.Hope Curtis caught some fish for a good dinner.

RHONDA-Big Congrats on your NSV,you did fantastic.I guess [that late night + DST=One tired woman.] Try to rest up from your long weekend.

NANCY-Sounds like a good plan. Portion size is working for me,even if its very very slow.Go on the net and find 500 c menu plan I'm sure they're something out there that will fit your needs.

SLOAN-That what he said, the Monsignor told us that hes nuts,but what I don't understand is why he didn't let us play the Irish song anyway.

ROSE-I know some think they're holy er that thou,but we shouldn't have listen to him and should have gone on with the program anyway.

Have to go and get my laundry done.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:00 AM   #6  

Baby shower for Angela. Too bad we can't participate except virtually! But, Angela, you know we'd love to be there

Maryann, congrats on losing that pound. I found it! But, I'm just grateful that is all I found, given the amount of food I've been around lately.

NYC will be a challenge, for sure. But, I'm staying with a friend who will be supportive, so that will help.

I hope you all have a good day. I've got to take my visitor to the airport, then come home and pack myself.

Rhonda
Old 03-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I hope you are all happy and well. I've had my mammogram and am packing up items to return. Stuff I ordered that I didn't like. Then all kinds of errands and stuff.

I'm on program but hating my water. What's up with all of you? Paula, how are you feeling?
Old 03-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #8  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, you're a busy chickie. Makes me smile.

Angela, we'll be with you in spirit--and we'll be waiting to hear all about the shower.

Vickie, I am day 2 op. I need to work on my attitude. It's pretty bad. Well, as far as being op goes, it's bad. Chug that water. I'll do the same.

Maryann, congrats on losing that pound.

It's raining, so I'm going to shoot inside today. I haven't shot very much since A&M and am ready to fling some arrows. I did fling a few Sunday and a few other days, but I didn't work on form. That's my goal today. Well, that and staying op. Biggest Loser tonight. That should help--with op, that is.

From reading my post can you tell I am still jittery? I can feel the jitteryness coming through my typing. I can see it, too. I have hit quite a few "wrong" keys and have had to make changes. I am definitely my mother's daughter. She was bipolar and I'm wondering if that's what's up with me. I go from easy going Sandra to jittery woman when just about anything off the norm happens. I'm reading a bookCHANGE YOUR BRAIN CHANGE YOUR LIFE and am working with suggestions to calm myself. And I'm also still taking anxiety meds.

Sorry. That was all prob more than you wanted to know. Have a great day, everyone. I'll keep working to be my positive self.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #9  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had to tough time getting on to my Yahoo browser as it was down. Went to Walmarts & than the bank.Now I'm cooking my dinner so I will have to make this fast.

RHONDA-When you your going down to NYC???? I'm going by bus,train & taxi the week before Easter. Grandchildren are going to be off from school 1 week before Easter and have to go back Easter Tuesday.Thanks for the congrats,I sure that you'll lose you soon.

VICKIE-I had to change my mammogram date later because of the trip to NY,but they told me that I can't go to my original place,I have to go to the hospital. Reason they doing away with radiation and going digital instead.Interesting,it might change in your place also.

SANDRA-Thanks for the congrats,sorry you feel so jittery,what making your nervous????? Some suggestions taking a deep breath or maybe a long walk. A bubble bath would be relaxing also. I have to buy one of those bath supports in the near future so I can take those bubble baths again.Fell in the tub,and need supports for me to hang on.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:08 PM   #10  

Maryann, I'm going UP to NYC tomorrow...will be passing through Chicago, Vickie....I'll wave at you.

Sandra, I'm sorry to hear that you're having a rough time. I've some bi-polar in my family too. I know the struggle. Yoga, meditation, exercise have all helped me...for what that's worth. Sometimes meds are the only answer.

I'm taking a nap now!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

Maryann and Rhonda, thank you for the suggestions. I'm already doing some of your ideas and they are helping. The car accident "got me started." I'm thinking time will also help. I will get through this. Till then the meds will also help.

I'm op 2 days in a row. I'm taking this one day at a time. So far so good.

Everyone have a good op day. I'll be back later.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:17 PM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, I'm sorry you're in turmoil. Deep breathing and bubble baths help me. So does ME time. I'm crazy now since we've been running all day. I'm going to go relax.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:40 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks, the painting has finally gotten to us, and we are all so tired! We are taking a day off to rest.

Sandra, I'm so sorry you are having a hard time. Have you spoken to your doctor? Sounds like you have very good self awareness, so don't ignore any serious symptoms that you may be recoginzing. You know that it is easier to head off a crisis than it is to come back from one. Take care of yourself. We love you!!!

Rhonda, have a great time in New York. Hope the weather is nice!

Hey to the rest of you chickies! GTG finish watching Lost!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

If I'm not better soon, I will go to the doctor.

Sloan, I'm glad you're resting today.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:06 AM   #15  
beachbum

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY EVERYONE!!!!
ARE YOU WEARING YOUR GREEN TODAY?

Good Morning Ladies

Just got back from Mass and than to the Bereavement group and than to the cemetery. So I'm going to be kept quite busy day.We might go out for lunch or hold off until Friday,It up to all of agreeing.

The sun is out but this morning all the windows of my car were frozen.Had to take the old scraper out of the trunk and get on scraping before leaving the parking lot.

Going to cook my first Corn Beef and Cabbage dinner tonight. I bought a small piece of meat ,so I couldn't invite my friends,but if it come out fine & I don't get sick , I will have they over for Next St Patrick's Day..

RHONDA-Have a safe trip down to NYC.,along with a good time. The weather should be warmer than on the cape.

SANDRA-Sorry about the car accident,some how I must have miss your post. Glad that your doing some of the suggested ideas. You correct time heals all wounds.

Last edited by beach bum; 03-17-2010 at 09:08 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote