Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 03-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/maintaining 135ish

Height: 5'6"

Default I can see ribs!

I just caught sight of myself in the mirror changing, and there are shadows of ribs on my upper chest, above my breasts (which were low to begin with, and now are slowly moving downward due to four decades of gravity).

I'm actually a little creeped out. Is this normal? Is this a middle age lady thing? I'm pretty sure I'm not underweight because I still have plenty of padding in other places, notably under my chin. Am I going to be bony in some places and floppy in others?
bronzeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/128.5/125

Height: 5'3'

That is so weird that you posted that, because I JUST had that same thought. I'm 40 as well, and I think the reason I'm seeing ribs for the first time is that my boobs, even with all my careful uplif bra wearing, are creeping down. It weirds me out too, because although it's a relief to no longer be so "beefy" up top, it's kind of depressing to realize that thinner chest area is due to the weight of my boobs being pulled down, lol.
littlemissbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 189

Height: 5'5

Oh you crack me up! I love it. Boney is some place and floppy in others...I'm with you sista.
getittogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/maintaining 135ish

Height: 5'6"

I'm glad to hear that someone else has this. I was just momentarily weirded out by the idea that I have something in common with anorexic Hollywood celebrities. Middle age developments I can get used to, although it would be nice to have some heads-up on what to expect. Like that day in 4th grade when they take all the girls into the gym and show them a filmstrip sponsored by Tampax.

Is there a chapter on this in Our Bodies, Ourselves that I never got to?

Last edited by bronzeager; 03-15-2010 at 11:30 AM.
bronzeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:41 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

lol
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote