South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 04:12 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default "Spring Forward" Weekend Beach Chat

Good Morning

The weekend has arrived when the vast majority of us will set our clocks ahead an hour and jump into DST. Fortunately, I've never been the poor soul who's coming to church just as everyone is leaving...but I'm always concerned that I may just forget and be totally embarassed.

I know we have several travelers this weekend. I wish you all safe travel, good times and healthy eating. (Karen, wave at my house when you go through Idaho Springs)

I'm going to be staying near home and don't have anything totally pressing on my list, other than getting to church on time. We do have a potluck on Sunday, so I'll probably stick close to home today and do some cooking and cleaning. As always, I'll get some exercise in. It looks like a bike ride to the pool might even be in order.

What's planned for your weekend? Coffee is piping hot, and tea is always nearby. Stop and say hi before heading out.

Happy Saturday everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 03-13-2010 at 04:18 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:15 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, Debbie! We don't change our clocks until the end of the month, so it totally caught me by surprise that it was a spring forward weekend! Enjoy your potluck prep! I love potlucks at church.

I just finished my workout and now the kids and I are heading out to a birthday party. I already e-mailed my friend and told her not to offer me any cake. I have to keep myself accountable because cake *speaks* to me! I decided that, as a treat to myself for making it through the three weeks on plan and without Tom, I would schedule a pedicure and facial for myself for next Friday, the day before Tom gets home. I'm really looking forward to that!

OK, on to shower and wrap the present. Why do I always leave that until two minutes before we leave???
Old 03-13-2010, 04:22 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Kara Have fun today! Good plan, asking your friend not to offer you cake. I do that, too. It's much easier to mention it ahead of time, and I've always found my friends to be quite accomodating. Mani/pedi sounds great! You deserve it! See you later.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:05 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie and Kara. Thanks for the reminder re the time change. I would have been late for Church otherwise! I must remind the dogs to change their internal clocks.

Still no rain here although they have been predicting it since Thursday. Today there's a 30% possibility but the sunrise is going to be beautifully clear. The syrup making is going ahead at full speed. Did you know that Canada produces 80% of the world's maple syrup? Not that I'd let it cross my lips!

Donna comes to clean this morning and I will be leaving she and Disney in charge when Jazz and I go to Kingston. We are doing some official obedience training. He's a really good little dog but a bit timid around other dogs. I need to get him over that before he is officially tested as a therapy dog. This'll take a good 3½ hours out of my Saturday but will be worth it.

Hope your Saturday starts your weekend off on a high note. Coffee is singing to me right now.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good early morning. I can never sleep the night before a trip so finally gave up, with things to remember swirling through my head, and here I am. I will exercise, catch up online, and finish packing. I think we will hit the road in about 3 hours. Today is the 9-10 hour drive day; tomorrow is another 3 (unless weather or ski traffic). Skiing/snowboarding starts on Monday!

I will try to pop in, but if I don't make it, I will be thinking of you gals this week.

Debbie - You know I will be waving as I go by! It is perfect timing with the time change since we would switch an hour going to CO anyways.

Kara - Interesting that you don't change clocks yet. That whole thing is crazy. I never know what time it is is in Arizona since they don't participate. Venice?!!! Sounds amazing.

Ruth - You popped up just as I was going to exclaim how quiet it was here at this hour! I used to love maple sugar candy when I was a kid. Yum. I use the fake sf stuff now, if at all. It is soooo not like real syrup.

Have a great weekend and great week everyone! Tootles.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:26 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Ruth That's really interesting about the maple syrup. In Alaska we always tapped the birch trees-I think it's fascinating! Have fun in Kingston.

Karen, the snow has been great! Enjoy your trip. I'm sure we'll hear from you inbetween.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning! I was huddled under the covers in bed listening to the storm rage outside until thoughts of hot coffee lured me out. I wouldn't want the power to go out and miss my coffee!

Deb, thanks for the reminder to Spring Forward! One more sign that Spring is coming. Now don't be late for church!

Kara, stay strong and keep to your resolve to back away from the birthday cake! Only one more week until Tom gets back, it will go fast!

Ruth, you're lucky the rain is missing you so far. It started here yesterday, and it's really coming down with a vengeance right now. I hope Jazz does well at school today and gets an "A+". Have a safe drive to Kingston!

Tammy, have a safe trip today and God Speed. I hope you get a chance to check in and tell us all about your trip!

The storm is raging, but we're going to venture out shortly for breakfast and some shopping. I want to stop by Walmart for several industrial size jugs of bleach for scrubbing the basement. We'll be spending the rest of the day getting the basement cleaned up and putting up shelving, and Jake has promised to get the washer and dryer hooked back up today, too, so I can do the laundry.
I must remember to call Audrey to wish her a Happy Birthday today, too. My baby is turning 9 years old today!
Old 03-13-2010, 07:23 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I sort of slept in this morning. I was able to get back to sleep after the cat woke me up several times. Silly beast

Debbie - Enjoy the bike ride and the pool. I'm going to get brave and try biking as soon as the roads dry up enough. Right now I know I'd get soaked so am not too excited about it

Kara - Enjoy the cake free birthday party Great idea!

Karen - Have a safe trip and a great time!

Ruth - The weather has been perfect here too, until this weekend when I want to travel. I have a neighbor who uses Easter buckets on their maple trees. It's cute. I love the smell from the sugar shacks.

Cottage - I don't suppose you could encourage that weather to go out to sea instead of coming here?? Happy breakfasting and birthdaying

I'm still planning to head out tomorrow but keeping an eye on the mountain forecast. There is no way to get to NY without going up and over so keeping I'm going to do all the things I need to get done today assuming I can make the drive tomorrow. We'll see.

For right now I'm just enjoying a relaxing start to the day. Think I'll pour another cup. Happy travels everyone
Old 03-13-2010, 07:28 AM   #9  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Our travelers are on my mind this morning, too. (Be safe and have fun!)

I've got a slow paced day at home planned. I'll do a little picking up and laundry but mostly I'm just going to relax. My friend Gail phoned last night and tried to talk me into going shopping today (big sale at Kohl's) but I talked her into saving her money and coming over for tea instead. lol

Ruth, they're working hard on maple syrup around here too. (Maine is second after Vermont in US production) Yesterday Brandon's show and tell was about helping his Grandpa empty the buckets. He spilled one "all over the ground". Levi asked him if his Grandpa got mad and I loved Brandon's answer. "I think so, but he didn't tell me." That's a good grandpa, eh?

Enjoy your Saturday friends.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #10  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning Ladies
WOW what a crazy week. Our travel extravaganza was great. Got lots of good comments. We had over a 1000 guests come to it. Our office is still trying to unpack get all the stuff put back, but life at work is slowly returning to normal.

I have lost 2 pounds this week for a total of 4 pounds in the month of March. I am going to blast through my five pound goal!!!! I think I have finally figured out my phase 2 combo. Fruit doens't bother me I can do 2 or even 3 servings of fruit, but I can only have 1 -2 servings of carbs a day.

I am going to a pottery class today. I went last Saturday and it was so much fun. I am going back today. My kids also did a pottery class on last Saturday and will be going iwht me agian today.

I hope you all have a great weekend and safe travels.

Tammie
Old 03-13-2010, 08:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Have fun at the party Kara! I'm gonna be leaving soon for my job fair! I hope I find something!
Old 03-13-2010, 09:01 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Debbie- enjoy your bike ride and your weekend.

Kara- We are the same way hard to find places for a family of 5. Switzerland sounds like fun as well.

Ruth- have fun at doggy training, hope that Jazz gets up to speed so he can do therapy.

Karen- have fun on your trip- be safe driving.

Cottage- two huge jugs of bleach should do it, hopefully you will get it all done this weekend.

Cynd- hope that the weather cooperates for your trip tommorrow.

Heidi- have fun with your tea with your gf.

Tammy- weigh to go with your 2 lbs this week, I am still trying to figure out phase 2 so I can get the scale moving.

Last night we went and saw Alice in Wonderland- today they are having a St. Patricks day parade in St. Louis, I am hoping it doesn't rain the whole time. Only a couple more days until I leave for conference in Florida, starting to get excited about having a few days by myself even though I will be busy with work activities. Our Family trip is starting to become a family reunion so I am excited about that as well, I now have talked my niece and her kids to coming up to Orlando. So I have my parents, one of my sisters and her daughter and kids coming. We stay at my other sister house in Atlanta as our stop pit for the trip down. Just missing seeing one sister to make it a complete reunion for my side, but she is now living in England so that's a bit harder to arrange. LOL

Have a great weekend everyone.

ETA- Okie good luck at your job fair today.

Last edited by Pearlrose; 03-13-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:32 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Ruth, enjoy your special time with Jazz today! Where are you going in Italy? Maybe if you're coming through Germany you can stop and say hi!

Karen, safe travels and wishes for a nice, relaxing vacation for you guys!

Linda, happy birthday to Audrey! Good luck with your final clean up steps, and I hope you can get through the laundry today. That is not my favorite chore.

Cyndi, I hope your weather stays good enough for your travels. I know you've been looking forward to getting to your parents' for the weekend.

Heidi, your story is so cute. That is one great grandpa!

Tammie, great job on the weight loss and WOW on the travel extravaganza! That is one big project!!! Enjoy your pottery class today!

Okie, good luck today!

Rose, your trip sounds fabulous! Maybe when we go to England this summer I'll say hi to your sister for you. Does that work?

We're home from the birthday party and the kids had a blast! There was a veggie tray but I didn't even eat any of that because I was afraid I'd reach for the chips and then the dip and then cave and eat the cake. I figured better to eat nothing than everything. My friend did start to offer me a piece but then she stopped and said, "Oh no! Pretty toes! I forgot!" I had told her about my pedicure deal. So of course her husband was there and VERY confused by this point, so I had to explain to him. He already thinks I'm crazy, so it's OK. I'm proud of myself for behaving. And now I'm going to go make a salad and get ready for my new tutoring client to come.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:57 AM   #14  
Be happy.

Good job avoiding the birthday party landmines, Kara!

Okie, I'm hoping things will go great for you at the job fair today.

Pearlrose your trip sounds so nice.... my sisters and I keep talking about doing a vacation together with our families but so far it's just been talk. Thankfully they both live close to my parents and I'm able to get down there several times a month so we see each other regularly. But the idea of a vacation together sounds so good. I'll be anxious to hear all about yours!

Hey Tammie - congratulations! 4 lbs in March and it's only the 13th!
Old 03-13-2010, 10:05 AM   #15  
sophie

Good morning

Debbie - sounds like a nice relaxing weekend. Is knitting over for the season.

Ruth - enjoy Kingston, I always get sad when I visit because youngest son went to Queens University and it just by so quickly.

Cottage - Hope you see the end to your cleaning up.

Karen - have a good time on your trip. You have inspired me to do some food planning for my trip.

Heidi - wow, another lb. you are amazing.

Tammie - have fun at the pottery class.

Pearlrose - sounds like you have some exciting times a head.

Okie - good look at the job fair.

Kara - bet Tom can't wait to get back to his gorgeous wife.

me - a busy day getting ready for my trip to Montreal, should be back on Thursday night. I'm getting together with my friend of 60 years so its always nice.

Cyndi - hope you get to see mom, moms' always look forward to that.

take care
Sophie

Last edited by sophie; 03-13-2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: edit
Closed Thread