Old 03-12-2010, 07:41 AM   #1  

Height: 5ft6'

Default Junk Food Junkie?

Today is day 5 of being total on plan and day 5 of absolutly no junk food. Clean eating! But I feel like I've got postpartum. I mean I am weepey and insecure and irritable. I know I was an emotional eater but this is anoying. Am I going through withdrawls from junkfood ? Is that a thing? Last night at work I thought I was going to punch someone in the nose. I cry over commercials and TV shows. And not a little but ALOT!

Anyone else have this problem? Can I expect it to subside at some point or are these just the emotions I was eating away and now they are here in full force? Geesh I hope not. I feel amazing durring and after my workout but slowly through out the day It gets kind of overwhelming.

Ideas anyone?
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:13 AM   #2  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

Keep up the good work. I just wanted to say the mental image I got from reading an old post on your blog of hogtying myself and forcing myself to complete my exercise gave me a good chuckle this morning.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #3  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I think it's normal. We get so used to stuffing our emotions down that when we don't, we have to deal with them. I would use this time to learn new ways of taking care of yourself. Be kind to yourself and explore the emotions. I am sure you will learn non-food ways to cope and be feeling great in no time!

I've noticed that since I started this journey, my TOM emotions are more intense. I found myself last month crying for no reason. Sure enough, I realized it was TOM. But, still I was never one of those people that did that. Oh well, emotions are part of us and we need to experience them. Happy crying!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:40 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You ARE essentially going through a "detox" period. No doubt about it. It's to be expected and it WILL pass. Hang tough. KNOW that there IS a better outcome when you get to the "other side". And you will. Just get through it. Any way that you can. If you give in, you'll have to start all over again and repeat the cycle. STAY STRONG. You've got the ability to do this. You are more than capable of it. I am certain. Keep healthy foods on hand. Keep busy. Sew, knit, read, write, computer, clean toilets, straighten closets, do jumping jacks, run in circles. WORK PAST THIS INITIAL TEMPORARY DISCOMFORT.

I can't wait to see that thread that you'll be starting saying how wonderful you feel. And how "those" foods are no longer calling your name. And how energetic and vitalized you feel.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #5  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

STAY STRONG this will pass, I am dealing with my own headaches and such from detoxing, I am already starting to crave healthier foods.

I look at those foods and think this is how i got myself in this spot of being 100 lbs overweight and after 2 weeks of being on plan, I am starting to not even WANT them any longer, becuase I know it spells DISASTER for me.

Keep up the great work!
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:14 AM   #6  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

hoo boy, chemicals and hormones and bears, oh my! if I were looking at myself with this, I'd say some of it was a feeling of deprivation (since I'd been eating the junk food to deal with emotional junk), part of it was physical (the sugars esp), and part hormonal. Now that I'm in my mid 40s, the emotional part of TOM can sometimes be very hilly. don't worry, it will pass, and you'll feel a lot better from eating healthier -- mentally and physically.

PS CONGRATS re DAY 5!

Last edited by dragonwoman64; 03-13-2010 at 11:15 AM.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote