Old 03-10-2010, 01:58 PM   #1  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Default Friends and Losers March 10-14th

I guess its a short week since nobody a started a new thread yet this week. How is everybody?
I am really trying to work on my stomach, my most hated part of the body..... I am thinking of cutting out red meat and sugar from my diet for a few weeks to see how I feel. I am not sure if I can do it or not but I figure its worth the try. I think sugar will be the tough one, I will have to eat a lot of natural sugars from fruit.
Have a great day everyone!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #2  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Yeah-where is everyone? Being bad? Hiding?

Well-Lent for me is going fairly well with the no alcohol thing. Tea has been working well as a nice relaxing (and for some reason it feels indulgent) sleep-aid at night. I've been sleeping much better. Down another pound. The EODD diet has been a little challenging the last week but I just keep restarting.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

JM, 22 pounds already (I know it probably seems like a long time to you, but it is impressing me).

Joan, My stomach seems to be where any excess fat hangs out these days. It makes me nostolgic for the days when I worried about my thighs... Back then we didn't know that belly fat was so bad. Why is it that once they declared it dangerous to be apple shape instead of pear shape that my body decided to switch? I used to never put weight on around my waist, now it goes there first.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:07 AM   #4  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

i'm here, just extremely busy.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:10 AM   #5  
WonderWoman

oh and today's my birthday. nothing special planned, just the usual day.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:03 AM   #6  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hello All

I guess the prob is we all have been very busy this week...so no chatter for a while.

Jillian- happy birthday.

Barbara- ...I knw ....I never realized when I turned from an hour-glass to an apple!!!!

Joan- Natural sugar is not that bad...it is the hidden sugar in food that counts.For example...if you want a slice of bread, choose a multigrain close to 100 cal and 4-5 g of fiber.Fruit has lots of fiber...so the sugar doesnt get absorbed by body as much. The fiber will stop the sugar absorption in your body. I think you will benefit more from cutting back on sugar because belly fat mostly comes from unused sugar from starch.

Yesterday I went for a routine sonogram imaging of my ovaries...I do once a year because had poly-cystic-ovaries.This is the 1st one since I started LAWL program in August and lost weight. The doctor was pretty amazed that my ovaries are absolutely normal...no trace of the cysts.Amazing what weight loss can do to you.

Happy Thursday!
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:40 PM   #7  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Jillian- Have an awesome day. I already wished you a Happy Birthday on facebook but now you get two wishes from me!!!

MJ- Yes I know all about the hidden sugars. I really need to focus on changing one thing at a time I think. Sugars just kill me.
There have been two birthdays in our office this week. " Step back from the cake!!" haha

I am going walking tonight with my dog! May as well get some exercise in too!

Have a great day everyone!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:13 PM   #8  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

The last few weeks been insane. I'm so all about going back to an office job one day. But the running all day means less time working out, so maybe it's worth it in the end.

5 weeks back OP and the pants are fitting not nearly as tight. Plus the energy is not coming from the coffee anymore. Okay, not all from the coffee.

Happy Birthday Jill, have a low carb piece of cake.

MJ--I actually was able to get my periods to normal despite my PCOS. It felt sooo good to go back to watching everything without meds. I have an amazing internist that was in shock when my blood levels were perfect after a year on program.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:10 AM   #9  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Happy belated birthday Jillian!

I'm still here too, plugging along. I am down a little more, I should update my ticker. As usual, though, seeing more results from the workouts than I am from the sclae.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #10  
WonderWoman

thanks for the bday wishes. i made the LAWL brownies last night.

also, i'm still trying to raise $$ for my NAMI Walk, so check out my link if you'd like!! it's a wonderful organization.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #11  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi friends

Thank you, Joan, for getting this thread started........

I have not a lot to say, which is odd I know. I haven't been very positive lately, and that is probably why I haven't been around. I surely don't want to bring everyone down.

Don't get me wrong, everything is ok.........just kinda blah.

So, just wanted to pop in and say hello, and to warn you all that I am feeling my mojo starting to wake up.......so I will probably be around a bit more in the near future talking all kinds of smack about being healthy. You have been warned
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #12  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hey Nicole, Jillian or anyone who tried Shred...how many days do you keep on with the Level 1 and when do you move to Level 2 and 3?

I am on Stabilization right now...and trying to work out regularly to burn off the extra food.
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #13  
Post-Master

MJ............I switched levels about every 2 weeks or so......but to be honest, I moved up to level two out of boredom....not because I had necessarily conquered level 1! And I didn't even prevue them........just went for it. Then, after I got all three down pat, I would alternate them Good for you for working out!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 02:59 PM   #14  
Post-Master

And Mj..........wtg On Reaching Your Goals!!!! You Really Kicked Some Serious A$$ Here!!!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #15  
WonderWoman

hey MJ, I did each level for 10 days each. I think the first time i did the 30 days i did level 1 for about 8 days, and then then level 2 for 12 days and level 3 for 10 days.