Old 03-10-2010, 09:49 AM   #1  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Default A lack of "X"s

Last week I went clothes shopping and finally bought shirts that have no Xs at all. I'm wearing just run of the mill "L" shirts. In 2.5 years I've gone from 5X to no X .

Things have been difficult lately for me on a personal level and I've been a bit discouraged about the lack of progress lately. I'm trying to get out of this cycle of wallowing into emo stuff and thinking positively. No matter what, I've made good progress and I'm definitely going to continue on this journey.

I'm attaching some pictures I just took here at the office. On the face shot, notice the nasty flab of loose skin under my arm that made its way into the picture. OY!

Here is a blurry full body shot and here is a face shot.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:04 AM   #2  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

NO XXXXs! That's awesome!

It can be hard sometimes to remember how far we've come and what we've accomplished (especially you with your 220+ pounds worked off!) when we're still in the process of losing and not seeing massive drops on the scale like we did early on. But recognize your hard work and rejoice in your success! You are doing this and your body is so much the better for it. You're running, for goodness' sake! You are an inspiration to so many, and I hope you count yourself as one of those people, too.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Gosh Matt. I wish you could see yourself the way others see you. I don't see any arm flab at all. I see a slender and athletic looking man.

Keep taking pictures and maybe you will start to see yourself as you are.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

you look fantastic, Matt, and wow, wow, wow on no X. That is really amazing and a major NSV.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:27 AM   #5  

Congrats on the NSV! And you look great - don't let yourself get stuck seeing the negatives!
emilydreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

Congratlations, Matt! You are an inspiration. My DH is 6'3", too, and about three years ago he lost about 140 pounds. He started between 360 and 370, we think - our scale only went up to 350. Anyway, he's maintained most of that weight loss, has put back on probably 20 pounds. He's signed up for some longer distance triathlons this spring, so he's really pushing to get under 200 pounds so he doesn't have to be a clydesdale. And that last 20 or so pounds is REALLY difficult for him. I know he can get back to 220 with no problem, but I know he's worried about getting below 200.

Anyway - great job - he doesn't miss those "big and tall" stores one tiny bit and I'll bet you won't either! He does still wear an X on a regular t-shirt because, although he is a little over 6'3" his inseam is only 33, so he's got a long torso. He does truly love to get sweatshirts from everywhere like the rest of us do - my parents travel and bring them back - because he knows they don't have to search high and low for his size. A huge NSV, isn't it?
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #7  
Now Mom to 5

S/C/G: 250/ticker/170

Height: 5' 5"

That is wonderful NSV. As far as the picutres you look great. Just think of how much you have accomplished since you started this journey.
MomtoThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #8  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Maybe it would help to switch gears and think of yourself as a maintainer? Stop focusing on the scale, just enjoy the life you've built and focus on getting stronger and faster. I would imagine there are social running clubs or rec sports teams and the like in your town. Do you belong? Could you join? The rest of the weight will come off in its own time. We don't control that, only the healthy lifestyle. Remember the weight itself was never the goal. The goal was to be a healthy, fit, guy who could do anything w/o weight stopping him. Are you there? What are you waiting to do in your life that 20lbs is keeping you from? Does it have to? Go live that amazing life and enjoy being the strong athlete you've become.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

WOOT WOOT!!! Congratulations!!!

You have made an ASTOUNDING amount of progress; you are doing SO well!! Keep trying to think positive... you can def. make that a habit
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #10  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

You are so awesome! Just that...awesome. I too wish you could see yourself the way we do...a tall, athletic man.

Wearing a no X is so wonderful. It's just so normal isn't it?!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #11  
No description available.

Congrats!!! You look awesome! Truly! We can be our own worst critics though, that's for sure.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:35 AM   #12  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Matt from 5 X to no X...that is MARVELOUS! I like the idea of what was said above to maybe start taking more pics of yourself. I think I may try that too. WTG Matt...what a WONDERFUL job of taking care of you! HOOT!!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #13  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

I can't say I'll enjoy the loose skin, either, but I'd much rather it was loose than full.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #14  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Congrats! Hang in there and don't let life get in the way of reaching your goal. Easier said than done I know.
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #15  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

That's fantastic, Matt! You have come so far! I'm right there with you with the personal stuff and the lack of progress muddying the waters, but we just have to keep focus, right? You're sooooooo close.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote