Old 03-10-2010, 09:38 AM   #1  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Default Number Realisations

Eliana's post about how much she needs to lose to get into the Overweight BMI Category got me thinking. I LOVE to crunch the numbers with my weight loss lately. At the start of my journey I hated to think of the numbers other than taking it one pound at a time, but now those numbers excite me so much.
So I got to thinking how many pounds am I from Overweight and would you believe, but I'm 30lbs away, and if you add that 30lbs to the 70lbs I've already lost, that means I will hit Overweight at exactly the same time I hit 100lbs lost How big a mini goal celebration is that going to be?!
I know that it's still a way away for me, so I'm concentrating on the nearer mini goals, but still!
My next mini goal will be Onederland in 4.5lbs, but really in only 3lbs time I will hit another major milestone for me, and be back to the weight I was when I got married over 11 years ago I can't believe that when I got married I felt that I was huge and hate looking at the photos, but look how much bigger I let myself get before I actually really made the change....

Last edited by Loving Me; 03-10-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving Me View Post
Eliana's post about how much she needs to lose to get into the Overweight BMI Category got me thinking. I LOVE to crunch the numbers with my weight loss lately. At the start of my journey I hated to think of the numbers other than taking it one pound at a time, but now those numbers excite me so much.
So I got to thinking how many pounds am I from Overweight and would you believe, but I'm 30lbs away, and if you add that 30lbs to the 70lbs I've already lost, that means I will hit Overweight at exactly the same time I hit 100lbs lost How big a mini goal celebration is that going to be?!
I know that it's still a way away for me, so I'm concentrating on the nearer mini goals, but still!
My next mini goal will be Onederland in 4.5lbs, but really in only 3lbs time I will hit another major milestone for me, and be back to the weight I was when I got married over 11 years ago I can't believe that when I got married I felt that I was huge and hate looking at the photos, but look how much bigger I let myself get before I actually really made the change....
:c arrot:

Congrats on hitting 70lbs down, on approaching onderland, and everything!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

that is very cool that 100 lbs will be a double milestone for you. And how fun that all of these mini milestones are coming up. It really emphasizes how much each pound counts, when each pound brings it's own special meaning like this.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #4  
Now Mom to 5

S/C/G: 250/ticker/170

Height: 5' 5"

Wow, you have put in a lot of hard work and your very close to your milestones. Congratulations!
MomtoThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:06 AM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I celebrate every, every milestone. So many of them are doubles. LOL! I am a numbers cruncher too and I find it very motivating. I'm trying very hard to always be happy where I am. The ultimate goal is not the only goal to be celebrated. Every pound lost counts and should be kept off. That's such a new way of thinking for me.

You're very close to your One-derland goal!! I hated being that close and yet so far away!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote