View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 01:07 AM   #35
dizzle

S/C/G: 165/165/125

Height: 5'5"

Screen Name: Dizzle

Age/Age Range: Late-college range

Family Life: Two families (divorced parents), 4 step-sisters, 1 1/2 sister, 1 brother, and 10 nieces and nephews, with one more on the way! Currently live with my boyfriend

Hobbies and Interests: Dj-ing for a local station, writing, and volunteer work.

Favorite Music: All kinds! although recently I've been playing more mellow, indie-folk stuff on my show, which is heavily alternative rock.

Favorite Color(s): Ooh... I don't really have one!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Karate! Unfortunately, there is not a program where I live now (moved two years ago). So, I suppose my backup is definitely biking!

What are your fitness/health goals? To get down to 125, which is acceptable for my height (5'5") and also be generally healthier. Hopefully, a combo of both will help with my bipolarity!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I went on my most recent med, I gained over 30lbs... In 2 months. Stepping on the doctor's scale and seeing such a drastic jump definitely made me realize it was time to change the diet I'd had for years, and that being on medication definitely slowed my metabolism a great deal.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Staying motivated. When I fall into a depression, I do tend to munch- most of the time, it's just a little, but even a little of something high in calories can really throw me off course.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Haha, oh dear... I suppose my thinnest friend, who can just eat and eat and eat and never gets any heavier than 115! I don't know how she does it. (And she has such great abs!!)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? This little yellow sun dress I bought the day I found out how much I had gained and decided to diet. It would've fit me pre-weight gain, so I can't wait to fit into it! (That and all my jeans... I can only fit into 1 pair!)
dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote